Google Trend foir Bitcoin vs Price

I was curious and did this overlay. The divergence going on now is interesting. Any thoughts???

Attached: Bitcoin Trend and Price.png (1312x472, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quantopian.com/posts/google-search-terms-predict-market-movements
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People are searching 'Bitcoin' and 'Horror', 'Stories' for entertainment purposes.

100k eoy

this, it was newsworthy when it was at the peak and now the crash media hype got on it back on the radar...

Schadenfreude.

Coiners were feeling a lot of schadenfreude about wagies last December, now it's the wagies turn to feel schadenfreude over you for losing all your money. The circle of life.

Maybe people remembering that Nov / Dec was when the huge rise happened last year, and they are checking in to see if it's happening again now.

shouldn't be a surprise, price is correlated with hype from the people buying that very thing

this is one of the ideas behind merv.tech

once enough communities / news sites are tracked, you'll see how this moves with price, and it'll make predictions for the future soon ( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)

Attached: ###@.jpg (1551x1141, 647K)

Watching these smug HODL retards get BTFO is the only reason I go on BIZ

KYS FAGGOT

isn't the hype and especially whatever the thing google puts in the "trend" chart a trailing indicator? meaning it lags behind the actual real world events and market movements that caused the hype?

the one google reports to the public is for sure, I'm not sure how much it trails by, but yes it's not real time

I am 100% certain they have a real time one for in-company use, but that level of data is extremely proprietary

either way, I'm essentially making a real-time one for a very specific use case - crypto

Attached: **&.jpg (1904x1481, 235K)

>entertainment purposes
this, it's more exciting than the lottery

Attached: africaaaaaa.png (1169x816, 794K)

I meant it more in this way: by the time article "stock price drops after CEO does something stupid" is written it's already too late...

DELET

MY WIRE TRANSFER IS ONLY ARRIVING ON MONDAY TO BITSTAMP

Attached: 1541632063715.jpg (495x362, 19K)

is it?

maybe for those people close to the CEO its too late, but that is the very very very small majority that trades, they will undoubtedly already have an advantage

but what about everyone else?

Attached: @@=.gif (482x301, 445K)

Could be Schadenfreude and the general public getting wind of it via news and peeking at the price. Yes, most likely a trailing indicator, Google might filter a bit to lower the quality of the signal due to it's value. I will keep an eye on it to see how it plays out. Would be interesting to analyze further, see how correlated, see how delayed, see if it is useful or not.

doesn't matter. the interest will show up in price
buy now or kys later

even if its real time its still a lagging indicator

My thoughts in pic related

Attached: 3.png (1394x472, 59K)

more of a coincident indicator, but there are sources of data out there that are leading indicators, and those will be also found and tracked

its not an easy feat, but it'll provide some very interesting insights, I do plan on making some sort of report and starting a thread on biz very soon

Attached: &&^=.jpg (1114x1120, 710K)

every 10th newspaper or so had a small article about how its dying, that's all. normies don't buy low.

zoom out OP. You need the bigger picture.

Attached: 1536926750369.png (561x561, 328K)

because there are news articles reporting it fucking dumped by 30%, that's why

I have also posted yesterday the increasing google trend in bitcoin and buy bitcoin. Don't know yet if this is good or bad.

Attached: file.png (1303x670, 66K)

back to wagie cagie

This is what got me started on this...
quantopian.com/posts/google-search-terms-predict-market-movements

You understand that searching "how do I sell my bitcoin" also adds to Google activity?