ETH staking

Is 32 enough to retire in 5 years?

Attached: ETH.png (362x444, 34K)

no
staking gives you just ~2% real value gain per year

Yes if you retire with a .22 bullet

based

depends, theres a non-zero chance staking could cause the most explosive bubble yet

>imagine bitconnect but with no exit scam
its token price would be insane rn

successful staking = supply tends to 0

you don't need eth for that. you might need 32 eth to buy a gun though.

Setting aside the price of ETH itself, staking will give a relatively low amount of extra gain. But, yes, the price of ETH itself might moon with staking. In this case, it doesn't really matter if you have 32 ETH or not.

Don't listen to anyone they don't have the inflation model posted anywhere yet.

Also remember if they say it's 3% that means only among staked parties. Normally exchanges don't stake so you may receive something closer to 6-9% depending on how many people participate.

more like 320 eth

I dunno but imma load up 32 myself in the double digits

>~2% real value gain per year
Right, so you could see that less people would want to sell their ETH when they can make money staking it (not to mention the coming loan system). This will further restrict supply and... well supply/demand and all that....

Think of it this way:
>I have magic acorns that give me wealth every single year and all I have to do is hold them
>oh cool can I have some magic acorns?
>no
>where can I get some magic acorns?
>someone has to sell you them
>but nobody wants to sell their magic acorns...
>tough luck
*meanwhile his magic acorns are literally shitting out money for just existing*

69 nice :))

Attached: 8hxoyz1g5xh11.jpg (943x390, 104K)

As I said here , yes staking might moonshot the price of ETH, but in that case, one doesn't need 32 ETH for that. Staking itself will give a very low gain compared to what the price action might do.

The price increase comes from the reduction of theoretical maximum supply more than anything else.

But when staking you still profit from the price action, the staking rewards go on top of that.

You just need to unstake before selling, that's all.

With staking, your ETH will be locked for a set amount of time. That is the drawback. You can't unlock whenever you want.

But the set period of time is less than a day. No big deal unless there's a flash crash, in which case you're fucked either way.

In haiti

Dude it costs about $3200 to own 32 ETH. What is the difference? You are saying
>don't worry about staking just own a little bit of ETH
I am saying that 32 IS A LITTLE BIT of ETH.

Last I remember it from somewhere, it was minimum 3 months. I might be totally wrong though. I haven't read in depth about PoS for over a year now.

32 ETH used to be close to $50k... oof

Only if you flip them for EOS right this second.

I just want to point out to anons, that the act of staking itself will not make anyone here rich. It wont give some magical interest every year with what someone can retire with.
The price of ETH itself might moon hard though. That is what will give anons here the big gains. No specific >32 ETH needed for that.

You don't want to know how much ETH I sold at $10.

How is stake going to generate value for eth if eth has infinite supply it makes no sense

It will be capped. And even if it weren't capped, the fixed rewards over an increasing circulation would amount to an ever decreasing inflation approaching zero.

1) what do you mean by "generating value for eth"?
2) the supply will be capped by the time PoS starts.

It’s over user, no one gives a shit

Sorry man but it looks like I've gotta be the one to break it to you... eth is the ultimate shitcoin ponzi meme