What assets can I buy that can't be taken by a bankruptcy, divorce, or the IRS?

What assets can I buy that can't be taken by a bankruptcy, divorce, or the IRS?

1) Precious metals
2) Crypto-currencies
3) Physical currency

>(all of these are assuming that these items are hidden, and unable to be accessed by my wife or the government)

What else?

Attached: hidden-assets.jpg (500x334, 30K)

property in floida I believe

Art, .. or literally anything physical thing that holds up their value... maybe a specific rolex?

Boy user, you've found the One Big Secret the IRS doesn't want you to know! If you just sell all your stuff for precious metals, there's no way your wife's attorney won't get a forensic accountant (paid for out of your share, of course) to track your transactions. There's also definitely no way the courts can treat your 'missing' tens of thousands of dollars as a tangible asset and garnish your wages. You've really stumbled on a loophole, you genius.

>anything physical thing that holds up their value
Honestly, very little seems to hold it's value. Every consumer good I've bought is either worthless, or worth a fraction of it's original value.

Thrift stores have cheap goods for a reason.

>art
Maybe. I suspect that if you buy a random painting by an unknown painter, it won't sell for much in 20 years.

The only way art keeps it's value, or appreciates, is if the artist's brand name appreciates. Picasso became famous, and his paintings are worth tens of millions. Another artist similar to him, who made similar paintings, but never achieved fame - his paintings are worth $40.

I'm not married yet.

So if I do it today, and get married in 2022, no court is going to be able to detect my assets. Theoretically, in most divorce courts, an asset I entered the marriage would not get taken, but it's worth being cautious.

I'm more concerned about an asset's general resistance to government seizure.

wut

The IRS can totally seize that.

KEK
THIS

lots of landlords own property in FL, thinking this. They got scammed themselves and are going to be fucked.

Buy favours.

What sort of favors are ... um ... very likely to be repaid?

Obviously, having a lot of friends, who are willing to help you out, is a solid strategy. But it's hard to store the equivelant of $10,000 in favors.

There is a paper trail with everything. If buying precious metals, I recommend buying in cash from a shop you don't frequent. They'll probably have cameras, so wear a hat that covers your hair and a coat you don't usually wear since its winter. Also, don't park your car super close to the shop when buying either. Make a some random paths through the streets and then go to your car. For crypto, take advantage of privacy coins. Buy privately in person, or through an anonymous exchange such as Bisq to launder your crypto. Use a hardware wallet (that you purchased in person) or memorize your fucking seed like your life depends on it.

There's money to be made through funny exchanges

Attached: ohshit.png (1029x591, 62K)

I'm guessing with precious metals it's best to buy off craigslist or something. Maybe you can even buy at a discount to the actual value of the gold/silver. Of course, the stuff is often stolen, but if you melt it down, nobody will know anything.

>I don't have any personal experience with this, but it's my idea

I'll be honest with you, buying favours aint what it used to be.
Back in the day it used to be that a man would honour his debts and obligations, these days though it's a whole different story, people will happily shirk responsibility.
Maybe try write up some tight contracts that don't require immediate repayment but you can use them to blackmail people into doing what you want with the threat of demanding payment.
I personally lent some of my family members a few grand and told them to pay me back slowly, so I have a steady income of a few hundred a month no matter what happens.

There are reddit groups. r/PMs (PMs = precious metals) is a place I reckon you'd be able to buy somewhat anonymously. It's essentially a person-to-person marketplace where you can buy and sell precious metals through the mail. Usually they want people to have a history with them in order to buy with crypto, or pay first when buying. They have a second subreddit with sellers' histories and such, which is useful. Just do your research and be extra careful so you don't get scammed, or ripped off. Also, don't pay via PayPal or any traditional systems of monetary exchange unless its crypto or cash. Same goes with craigslist. Also, if questions arise as to what you spent the money on (say, you withdrew $1k and went to a town an hour away to buy some ethereum, or visit a coin shop (or private seller) in person make sure you have a plausible alibi ready. I think this should basically be all you need though since it's just a divorce and not laundering extremely dirty shekels.

>Maybe try write up some tight contracts that don't require immediate repayment but you can use them to blackmail people into doing what you want with the threat of demanding payment.

Interesting idea. Do you have any actual examples of this?

I would expect that any contract that could threaten people, would probably be invalid in a court.

>forensic accountant
can track ATM withdrawals but not the purchases made with the cash

As long as you think it through and take your time to cover your tracks in a good manner, you should be okay I guess. I'll probably offer more input later after I clean up my mess of an apartment. In the meantime, godspeed.

Registered grandfathered automatic weapons. The state can't easily move in and claim them, and your spouse can't say he/she owns them, because they're not registered on them.
Land in most places, but it's not a sure thing.
Natural resources on your land. Say you have a 40 acre 'ranch,' and there's a silver mine on it. They can put it up, but they can't confiscate it outright, and if they try, the local gun crazy peasants and ranchers typically move in and parade around, which does no one any good.
Grazing rights can't be taken away, but not exactly given.
Patents, trademarks. Iffy to seize, but they'll do it if it's really valuable. Usually after you're dead, like they did with Tesla.
Sovereignty itself can't be claimed, but must be conquered.

Attached: shit anime gun.jpg (800x800, 56K)

Yeah, but your wife's lawyer just has to convince the judge that you [spoiler]probably[/spoiler]bought gold with the money.

It's not like criminal court, where the evidence must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hiding assets in the year prior to a divorce doesn't work. However, hiding assets long, long before a marriage, or several years before the divorce, is likely to work.

No judge is going to look at cash withdrawals five years before a divorce, and say "well, he probably bought gold with those, so I'll pass judgement against him".

Hiding assets never works.

If you were actually a pirate who dug down your treasure, and started fresh, that treasure doesn't touch your spouse, unless you revealed it, and that you were totally Jack the Toothless back in the day.

Your children will have inheritance rights, if you disclose it, at your discretion.

If you somehow make a huge fortune while you're married, and hide it because you're a fucking idiot, then you're gonna get fucked in any court. Pretending you don't have buttcorn when everybody knows you do is very stupid.

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly talking about dealing with people on the right side of the law here.
Criminal contracts are a bit hush hush and privately enforced.
>court
You're giving me bad memories.

Attached: triggered.png (632x760, 532K)

Hiding assets can totally work.

>If you somehow make a huge fortune while you're married, and hide it because you're a fucking idiot, then you're gonna get fucked in any court. Pretending you don't have buttcorn when everybody knows you do is very stupid.
I'm not talking about this.

I'm talking about keeping 20% of your net worth in certain assets, which may be largely immune to IRS/divorce/bankruptcy seizures.

The easiest stuff is intangibles or shit that's basically worthless to most people. Example, an education can't be taken from you. Unless you live in Cuckfornia, in which case, your wife can absolutely sue you to recover half of the value of your degree because the courts there are full of morons.

If you're not married yet, some states draw a distinct line between "assets you bring into the marriage & become common property" and "assets that remain the property of the original owner, regardless of marital status." Find a lawyer in your state that specializes in wills, trusts, and estates; you may be able to set up a trust that your spouse can't touch in divorce proceedings.

>or the IRS
Fucking nothing. Don't try to hide from the All-Seeing Eye that is the Federal Government. Anything and everything can be seized from you if you try to evade your taxes. You can try to avoid taxes to the fullest extent of the law, but there are no assets that are immune to the long arm of the law.

You're a fool if you think you can outsmart the federal government using loopholes, a pissed off judge who knows full well that you're hiding shit, a mad ass fuck ex-wife who wants her share, and the lawyers who have combed through all your shit.

You can't lie in these trials, or they'll bill you even more than you were actually due to pay for being a faggot. Real law isn't like crypto smart contracts. There are people governing over real law. Except for specialized stuff there's not a lot of ways you can 'hide' wealth or assets.

If the issue is that you don't want your family, aka your children and spouse, to share in your wealth, then don't get children or a spouse in the first place. You'll keep all your wealth, and if it gets taken away, that's probably when you're dead.

Dude, everybody gets away with tax evasion. Not that I'm recommending it, necessarily.

Think of all the drug dealers. Almost none of them pay taxes. Yet when convicted by a court, they're all convicted for "possession w/ intent to distribute" or some similar charge. Few are convicted of tax evasion - BUT THEY WERE ALL EVADING TAXES.

I think that tax evasion becomes harder, the more money you make. The IRS makes spending money on a house, or on a nice new car difficult. However, if you spend the money informally, and always use cash, it becomes difficult to catch anyone. Especially if you are mixing your "tax evasion cash" with genuine income.

Obviously, if you can't live in a nice house, or drive a nice car, your living standard is limited. But it would be nice to have $20k/year in untaxed cash to spend on restaurants, prostitutes, or whatever.

Bullshit.

So if I spend $10k on bitcoin right now, and I don't touch it for fourteen years. In fourteen years, that bitcoin might be worth nothing, or it might be worth $200k.

You're saying that the federal government, a judge, or someone, is aware that I have this money in bitcoin? Hell, I might not even remember. It was fourteen years ago.