Germany

>Germany
>26
>Master
>first job: IT consultant
>42k Euro/year
>realized a few days ago that average (!) is 50k Euro/year while my grades and experience are above average

Why am I so stupid?
just started applying to new jobs, I have a 2 week quit notice and obviously a real job now, both should be an advantage over recent graduates and also experienced wagecucks with a 3 month notice
What do you think is an acceptable salary?

Attached: Arbeiten-im-Buero-Unzufriedenheit.jpg (960x459, 48K)

>not rubbing brown shoe polish on yourself and screeching in gibberish at the welfare office until they give you gibs

Not going to make it.

>German
>no kids
People say stereotypes arent real.

>be me
>have fren whos father created and runs a really successful company
>fren gets me on board as a sub contractor
>earn 20k a month for basically doing nothing but some HR stuff

use your brain fren, start your own company

now how do you dodge tax authorities when getting the profit? Do you claim everything you can as expenses?

>Big 4 audit
>Master's degree
>39K euros a year (Northern Europe, feels bad man)

Technically it's nice and cushy and you can't hope for a better career start, it's just.. soulless and shitty work. Sometimes you get to do interesting things but associate level work is pretty soulcrushing a lot of the time.

Wish I had the balls to do something, but I have a friend who is an "entrepreneur" and he basically destroyed his life and makes no money so eh

Why the fuck do euros all have master degrees?

k Euro/year
when youreos state their income like this is it pre or post-tax

because higher education is heavily or fully subsidized and therefore their degrees (on the aggregate) are mostly worthless or on the same playing field as a 4-year degree at an average US state school

Starting a business in Germany is usually never profitable

OP, you should look also at bonuses and commissions, if you can get into IT sales through consultancy. Then you take home way above average, based on how you work, while plebs get stuck with average

per year is usually stated pre tax
per month is usually stated post tax

per month it is around 2100 Euro for me

1.5k in taxes. Fuck that.

Kek being a wagecuck is unacceptable in every scenario

where I live it would be a financial death sentence if I was dodging taxes, and probably some jail time too, depending on the amount, so I pay my taxes properly. I could earn like 5-10k more per month if I was cheating, but I rather do it the right way and not go to jail.

my idiot friend makes 40k when the average is 55k

and he works every saturday

and if he was stem he could be making 90 like me

oh well

you mean get a friend whose father hooks you up with a high paying job?

so 17k in taxes which translates into a 40% tax rate
now - is this just tax that's being taken out of your paycheck or is there some other benefits that's feeding into that 40% like idk, retirement plans or insurance or transportation benefits or something?

trying to calculate an average youreoman's anal devastation

In Germany when people refer to the "tax" they pay, what they are usually referring to is income tax + the "5 pillars of social insurance" (health, unemployment, long term care, pension, work accident)

Attached: living-and-working-in-germany-presented-by-eures-12-638.jpg (638x479, 51K)

its not just income tax, half of it should be the so called social insurances, so health, care, pension and unemployment insurance

or that yes. I could do this for a completely unrelated company, but I would need 5-10 years of experience in the field to do so. in this case i only needed one.

>Nervously says the coping burger with his 300k student debt

from what I've read, you should have looked for a new job while still working, expected them to offer more than your current wage, and then told your employer that you were leaving if they don't pay you more.

>I was lucky
>therefore, everyone can be as lucky as me!
nice logic

I'm still working there while looking for a new job.
I'm kind of in an ideal position since I already have a job I can leverage in the salary negotiation with the new employer.
And at the same time I only have a 2 week notice, while many full-time employees have a 3 month notice. So I am much more readily available while still not being unemployed.

>US
>22
>Bachelors
>first job: Staff Accountant
>50k USD/year not counting bonuses, free medical, free 401k matching, free life/disability insurance
>~12% effective income tax rate
>work maybe 4 hours a day, shitpost on Jow Forums half the time

Why are Euros so fucking poor? Shit I've known highschool dropouts working in a plastic factory that make $42k/yr

Attached: GERMAN IDEALISM BTFO.jpg (1840x1227, 153K)

Comparing just income is not enough.
You should consider taxation on goods too, Germany has 19% Vat. The effective tax burden overall is beyond 50%.

Because having kids would take away their governments main excuse to replace them with shitskins.

why the fuck not

With a bachelor (finance & controlling), I now make about 50k after 6 months. Will go back to uni for a master in 2 years and aim to get ~60k afterwards.

But apart from my skills in the field I went to uni for, I also can code in several languages, handle databases and have quite a good charisma, so dont take this as normal.

The more lines you cross with your skills, the more you can do and the more you can demand, I guess.

Everything is much more expensive in america so you get less for your work than elsewhere

you're comparing yourself to fucking boomers who have 25 years avg. of wage increases and bonuses you retard
you'll be making way more than average
also: what is average vs. modal
you clearly are a fucking brainlet and this thread is further proof that it takes nothing at all to get a masters degree

I run a psychic website and make anywhere from 8-15 k a month doing nothing but copy pasting stuff for people changing names and stuff around