Opening First Online Trade

Have my first $1k set for investing in markets.
Want to invest Commodities or Commodity Futures.
Looking at irregular trading, I won't be doing day trading.
>Which sites do you suggest, and why?
Thanks in advance!
(pic is my money spawning into even more money)

Attached: salmonrun.jpg (600x397, 90K)

deribit, want a ref?

i dont mine, gonna do it either:

www.deribit.com/
reg-2828.9069

Thanks for the link.
I hadn't considered BitCoin, as I was thinking physical commodities.
Maybe when I have more to invest, and Bitcoin has a better history, I can look at the world of cryptos. Besides, it's at a high right now, that seems like a bad place to enter.
More importantly I don't want to limit my options from the outset. I may only end up trading one commodity at a time for the first while, but I want to be able to move into more than one market.

I looked at Robinhood, but they don't seem to trade Commodities. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

I went into tastyworks.com like the paste bin suggests, and was impressed by the $1.25 per contract execution, but then when I looked through their fees they had an extra $.30 "clearing fee," per transaction on top of the exchange fees they didn't add in.
Why didn't these %#$ just list that shit up front?
Now I don't trust them.

Last bump, still hoping someone can suggest something.

IIRC you need a lot of money to trade commodities, like 100K liquid in your margin account to even get started.

Do some research & let me know

oh. well, that's gonna change things.
I wonder if my 580 credit score is good enough for the 99k?
Can anyone confirm? that trading commodities requires bulk cash?
Is there a way around this?

If you're retarded enough to not be able to google this, just throw the money in a river. The end result will be the same, but with less stress. You're welcome.

580? wtf are you a babby?

I had a cellphone company shit on my credit, and I refused to pay them because the girl who sold me the phone explicitly offered something she later claimed she didn't.
And I honestly give a shit about how much you think you should lend to me. Fuck you, I don't want your money on interest.

>If you're retarded enough to not be able to google this, just throw the money in a river.
I am googling, but there are like 400 sites that pop up at the top, and I can't tell if that's because they're good, or because they spent money to advertise.
So I'm asking.
And if you throw money in a river, can you tell me which one and when?

Interactive Brokers lets you trade futures, but you need $10,000 to open the account unless you are under 25. You can also trade on margin; though I think the required amount you need in the account is 10% of the position size. You have to be careful when trading the frontmonth contract though.
Always have 2 things in mind:
1. How much does a tick represent? WTI (CLF9 for instance) is $1,000 per $1 movement per contract. So $10 per tick of movement per contract.

2. When is the final day of trading for the contract? Most futures require physical settlement. Imagine not closing a long on WTI and having to take delivery of 48,000 gallons of crude oil. You also have to cough up the remaining balance of the contract. The current price of a WTI contract is $50,720. Imagine you were short on the contract; you have to supply the required amount of the goods (corn, basedbeans, cocoa, gold, etc).

>Interactive Brokers lets you trade futures, but you need $10,000 to open the account unless you are under 25.
I saw that website, and the under 25 thing would be great for a zoomer.
Unfortunately, as you say, $10k is beyond my available funds.
Yea, those cash volumes are probably out of my range. And I can just see me explaining to the landlord the new storage tower I installed in the courtyard
Maybe I need to look at a mutual fund that invests in commodities? Anyone have suggestions?

physical?
>silver bullion
traditional?
>GE stock
new and risky?
>link and xrp

Attached: 46851838.jpg (640x598, 52K)

You could try an ETF. There are ETFs that are long a certain commodity or sector, then there are ETFs that are inverse or short the same position. A good example is OILU and OILD. OILU is long 3x leveraged and OILD is short 3x leveraged. You don't have to hold it for a long time either, you could flip it. UGAZ has had some juicy moves in the last few weeks. Juicy, like 30% daily ranges.

Also, make your goal to get onto Interactive. Many advanced software packages let you plug into your Interactive account. Interactive has low commissions, don't sell your order data, and is committed to best order execution too.

Which interactive? There are a number of them that show up when I search.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into each of those. I guess I have a bug about commodities because they, generally, have an actual end use, meaning they will likely never zero, and buying them directly supports the production of the goods themselves.

www.interactivebrokers.com

silver has around 250 uses that it is the most efficient at. its in everything from electronics (most conductive metal), mirrors (most reflective), to cleaning and medical. truely the best PM. due to its low price its not worth salvaging so its depletion rate is currently high. and while its believe that only 10x more silver has been mined than gold its currently 1/80th of the price. i could see it possible getting to the $12 range there's no doubt its value will steadily increase as developing countries emerging middle class's, due to its use, and anytime a bubble/fiat crash's.

GE stock i believe is a solid longterm investment. 350b in assets / 250b in liabilities with practically having a monopoly in medical equipment. they got rid of a horrible CEO recently, skimped on dividends, and several underperforming companies such as power which has tanked their stock in the last year. however the new CEO's primary goal is to tackle debt which is the best thing they can do. i wouldnt be suprised one bit if their stock was back up to $50 a share from its current $7 in the next 5 years.

link obviously for the meme's

Is GE general electric?

>primary goal is to tackle debt
You realize that a company like GE paying down debt could help dry up the derivatives markets? The Fed has to be crapping itself.