/smg/ - Stock Market General

Faberge edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Sec Filings and Company Finances:
fintel.io

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 71g-rFak0YL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
youtu.be/i0DUb7TO1dk
finance.yahoo.com/quote/^GSPTSE?p=^GSPTSE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bears are consolidating for the sour hour

INB4 DIVIDENDS ARE MY FRIEND

HOSANNA

FOREVER

HOSANNA FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER

Imagine being some lower-level nobleman and your wife keeps blowing yuge sums of money buying decorative fake eggs.

Is now the right time to sell AMD or is it going to keep going up?

Bull Loot

Attached: Fabergeegg.png (959x737, 1.34M)

no one knows user, that's what makes this so fun

Attached: 1534028175964.jpg (763x771, 60K)

I assume one of them would contain a genie, and thefore would be worth it.

Well since the old thread died as a 28 yo boomer who owns 0 stocks but has some money to play with, should I start an account on vanguard and start putting 1k a month ito an index fund like VOO for comfy long term gains? Is all it takes to buy stocks from there your bank routing number and such? No broker?

Attached: B8CC17E2-21B9-417B-9E09-FF9D738D09BA.jpg (540x540, 66K)

>Make 5% in a day
>My brain somehow rationalizes this to "Dude you made some money go buy that gun"
>I go buy a gun that is worth twice as much as i made in gains
why do i do this to myself

Attached: Nippon Steel.jpg (898x158, 12K)

real talk: weedstocks and crypto have a lot of the same investor base so when one has low volume the other has high

but right now they're both getting beat on pretty hard; I'd stay away

You're not buying stocks when you buy index fund. Vanguard does it on your behalf. No broker involved

yes you should do exactly that. you'll need to use a broker. bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

personally i like etrade since it's full featured and there are no transaction fees on vanguard ETFs

vanguard IS the broker, yeah. you just transfer money and buy. they don't have commissions for non-leveraged ETFs. smart, boring play is to put money into VOO or VT or whatever every month and then don't fuck with it.

Salut, les Jow Forumsraeliens! Es-ce qu'il y a un forum comme 4chins mais en français ou on peut suivez des grenuiolles shitpostant en direct sur les gilets jaunes et tous ça ?

>real talk: weedstocks and crypto have a lot of the same investor base so when one has low volume the other has high

One thing I've noticed is that weed stockes often move anti-cyclical to the rest. If everything else is red, the might go green and vice versa.

Just like today.

Je n'en connais pas mais il y a beaucoup de français sur Jow Forums tu peux faire un thread sur le sujet et parler en français avec les autres sur le thread mais tu vas aussi avoir d'autres personnes qui vont venir discuter en anglais

Told you not to trust this market.

you faggot said everything and the contrary at the same time

I once saw a bunch of high dividends kill my uncle's cousin's best friend's former room mate. Dividends not even once.

Attached: 1536071427831.jpg (488x305, 16K)

red day incoming. this is no bull market

Thanks Frens

Is it worth it to make a Robinhood account exclusively to trade options, or is this retarded?

Welcome to /smg/

>stupid people invest in stupid things
Who would have thunk.

Not at all? How else are you gonna buy Lambo?

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

in the past year I have lost about $10K gambling on options

so yeah do it faget

if dividends did it, he deserved it.

Trust me anons....

Attached: Jew ETF.jpg (1325x781, 128K)

Dude weed...

Attached: 965EF91F-0503-48ED-A104-014B11F43C94.png (666x666, 561K)

jews everywhere in the industry, obviously. something you need to get over if you want to play the game and become the jew.

Lots of frens on sale today because people expect powell to change back from his recent dovish tune
GIS and Kelloggs good price. Bullish on poptarts

Attached: xay.jpg (1007x1280, 132K)

youtu.be/i0DUb7TO1dk
TL;DW taiwan semiconductor TSM

>jews everywhere in the industry

kek. The funny part, he even does the hand wrenching in the commercial. Doesn't even try to hide it. I laugh every time it comes on.

i've been avoiding KHC for the longest time but it looks too good to not pick up some shares soon. i might be catching a falling knife but buffet-sama is still holding his stake in the company

Today's rally fading

Attached: super-sonico-anime-girl-pink-hair-hoodie-headphones.jpg (1920x1136, 205K)

>mfw keep falling for meme stocks like AMRN instead of investing in a real company

Attached: 1538804897927.jpg (1024x1024, 108K)

KHC is buffets third (possibly second) largest holding
They just acquired a paleo company too which could help attract the nu-generation

Everything is green as fuck, holy shit.

GIVE ME THE GAINS

Attached: 1512695597373.png (1368x1479, 1.13M)

Its a good buy but you have to be patient and be ready to average down.

>FB Twitter Netflix Tesla Amazon
FAANG GAANG

Attached: green5.png (646x700, 166K)

a delay in the tariffs war just bring uncertainty, which is poison to the markets; people want stability, not uncertainty; write down those dam tariffs already (higher or lower, it doesn't matter) and say they're valid for 10 years or something,

i'm ok with averaging down. my end goal is to never sell any of my dividend portfolio, so unless the company completely falls apart, I'm fine with volatility in the share price

this guy gets it

>wake up
>coughing up blood
>flem in my lungs
>want to die
>check UDOW
>makes life worth living

Attached: 1543517406997.jpg (524x700, 50K)

>boss had an antique store upstairs
>made me do work for it during down times
>used to have to research authenticity and prices because “I’m good at computers” which just means I knew how to google shit
>used to get prices for all her shit in a few minutes and spend the next week playing games and shitposting while pretending to work
>learned fuckloads about antiques
>women fucking love that I’ll go antique shopping with them and can spot deals
>gotten me laid numerous times
Guess it was worth it.

Attached: 38060736-37A7-4F07-A187-83CD2127908F.png (638x450, 60K)

Trying to think of all the company's that it'd be perfect to pick up after a crash.

Alphabet, Yum Brands, are my go to. Maybe IBM, AT&T, Disney, Comcast, Intel, Caterpillar, Costco, Intel, and Kellog.

What do ya'll think

You either have tuberculosis, or lung cancer. Either way it's not good, enjoy life while you have it.

Its habbening boys, we're being BOGGED

its lower now because he bought a shitload of apple and banks recently. ill start a new position KHC, add to my position in JPM and pick up a new position in WFC this month. Might as well begin to emulate the GOAT

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 9.18.23 AM.png (534x350, 82K)

SPY is fucked.

alphabet and yum are gud.

no to ibm T comcast intel cat

buy kellog before the crash not after

yes disney cosco

lets be honest, you're never going to enter the market

I sure hope you own Antiques user
My Gollywog/black Americana collection has outperformed the markets for years

Attached: 526.png (213x210, 64K)

I'm already in the market, I'm holding Dollar General and Verisk Analytics rn.

>KO
>PG
>JNJ
nooo my value

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

no point in timing the market. just get in but don't throw all your money in it at once. add in a set amount every week/two weeks/month or whatever your schedule is, add in about the same each time you invest, and do it over the long term.

if you think a bear market is imminent (i.e. inverse in the long and short term treasury rates happen) you can always hold some extra money in savings that can be deployed.

Also looking into this. What metrics or whatever are you using to pick these companies? I’m pretty new to the stock market.
Also if your looking for stocks to buy before the crash so far I have P&G and KO

Hello again, boomers. Your favorite zoomer is back with an important message:
Buy Chainlink

Attached: 1534734963743.jpg (2696x1372, 235K)

How is dollar general been doing? When did you buy. I just watched a documentary about how they are expanding really fast.

so if i put in 235 a week i can buy one of each of my stock wowzers man investing is soooooooo cooool man

This fucking day is untradeable

P/E ratio should be near the top of your list in determining what stocks to buy at any certain point. It helps let you know what stocks are overvalued and which are undervalued (other factors need to be considered). also compare by sector, not just by stocks. Some sectors have really low p/e (telecoms) and some have higher p/e (tech)

Hey all,

guy who has made 70k+ on AMRS the last 4 years.

after the huge drop, we got some positive stability now, going to buy 30k or so worth here and ride up to 9ish or longer.

I sold most of it when I was unemployed. Part cause I needed the money but mostly cause I wanted to downsize. Gained about $3k total which paid the bills a couple of months.
I did keep a large part of my photography equipment, some dating back to the 1800s, a small collection of tools, and some sports memorabilia from when I was a kid.
I do have a very large original painting that was given to me by a dear friend and mentor who was a somewhat well known artists. I doubt I’ll ever sell it though.

Attached: 7A9AFF76-D34D-49B0-91D8-FC2F5702B3DE.jpg (440x367, 37K)

Zoomer get the bat

Attached: 947F68E5-81B8-47D1-BD73-272D883CBC1D.png (1457x1080, 729K)

Rn I have small shares in Appl and VZ. And large holding of the s&p500 and KO. What do you think biz?

Just bought $DIS calls

How justed am I

Sell appl

Not the worst picks I have seen today

where is stop selling guy we need him right now

DRUMPFFFFFFFFFFFF

Berkshire Hathaway still holds a lot of appl. I might double down if it gets near 160.
Don’t ask why 160 I have no idea.

Friendship ended with APPL now APLE is my best friend

MAGNESIUM SUPPORT AT 2770

A fuckton of Berkshire employees are about to become former employees.

Good old Buffet just bought back almost $1B worth of Berkshire shares. A-are you doubting the 3% CAGR KING?!?!?

Lol they only have like 5. They also have THE best track record when it come led to long term stock picking.

wait is Buffet Senpai going to going to shit can a bunch of people before Christmas during a "bull market"?

Gains of Tqq and Lite
Cashed out
Purchasing oil etfs now

Attached: D37B10A9-B823-44FA-887B-04514AA467F5.jpg (1242x1325, 1.13M)

Toronto is red

finance.yahoo.com/quote/^GSPTSE?p=^GSPTSE

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1536601885705818.png (600x450, 119K)

Fuck deans food Im never going to win RKG competition

Why are you buying oil etfs? Should I?

Dude weed To the moon!

I'll buy oil at 42 ;)

Attached: Answer_to_Life.png (322x196, 52K)

>green day but it hurts
is this hell?

IT WAS A TRAP!!!!!’

WERE GOIN DOWN LADS

CRON JUST GOT BOUGHT OUT!!!!

You're buying oil too soon.

Let's go CRON

WHY DIDN'T I SELL AT OPEN

Attached: maxres.jpg (1000x563, 75K)

CRON just jumped 20% in less than 10 min

SPY already down 1% since open. We will finish red for today. We are going into a recession. Nothing can save the economy. There is literally no more good news for bulls. G20 is over, tariffs are on hold, and rate hikes are neutral. What are bulls looking forward to? I would urge you guys to sell immediately and wait on sidelines during bear market.

Can anybody explain to me why the market is capitulating on the news of the Great Trade War of 2018 halting to cease fire?

>lower level nobleman could afford a faberge egg

Uncertainty

Golden bulls are cashing out 5% of their holding to buy Faberge eggs

Attached: 11711166-golden-bull-3d-render.jpg (450x317, 14K)