Silver

Totally ignorant here, I'd like to invest in silver and would appreciate any input regarding the drawbacks/benefits of buying actual silver or investing in silver stocks?

Attached: silver_coins_bar.jpg (360x323, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve#Officially_reported_holdings
trader2trader.co/tag/historic-graphs/page/3/
usdebtclock.org/#
onegold.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you just buy nerva on tradeogre?

buy silver tableware, and use it daily, it will improve your health

>silver stocks
If you don't hold it......you know the rest.

here's a tip about silver/gold trading: if you don't hold it, you dont own it.

Buy state issued coinage since it's common and easily valued. Don't buy any stupid rounds or other low quality silver items.

apmex.com

Based. Paper commodities are a ponzi. The trouble with silver (Bong here) is you have to pay 20% tax on top of spot if you want to hold the asset. Personally I'd be more inclined to look at gold

If you are a burger, buy junk silver or american eagles. If you want to buy a silver stock, buy First Majestic, stock symbol AG.

I own 100k oz worth on the SLV ETF. Am I gonna make it boys?

Attached: 1543658988287.jpg (334x506, 42K)

silver is going to have a big move up, you fags. it went to $50 per ounce in 1980, will go much higher this time. buy some mercury dimes to start with

the standard for "making it" back in the day, was to own your own weight in silver. paper doesn't count

do you think stupid rounds are worth getting when u find a deal for at-or-below spot?

that's only 30k+

I almost believe it though, considering most Amerifucks don't even have 500 bucks saved.

in my opinion stacking precious metals is a waste of time as an investment. It doesn't generate any value, merely holds onto it. I buy a stock because I think the company will grow in the future and that stock will be worth more, or pay out dividends. When I buy bonds I know I'm going to be paid for lending them my money. When I buy silver I get just that, a lump of shiny metal that I'm hoping one day might be worth slightly more for no real reason.

>silver is going to have a big move up, you fags. it went to $50 per ounce in 1980, will go much higher this time.
ok, why?

I'm betting Jpm pulls their shorts before the crash. I'll go all in BTC with the fiat profit

physical silver is historically undervalued right now, buy some and put it away. it will be worth having in a few years

physical precious metals are a store of value. they are currently measured in a paper fiat unbacked currency that has depreciated 98% in the last century. when that currency finally goes to zero, the pm's (measured in failing fiat) will skyrocket in value.

>I buy a stock because I think the company will grow in the future and that stock will be worth more
>When I buy silver I get just that, a lump of shiny metal that I'm hoping one day might be worth slightly more for no real reason.

if you think its a waste of investment why do you think governments are stacking it?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve#Officially_reported_holdings
if you think its best to have all investments in fiat (which is what a stock falls under) here is a list of 560 fiats that have failed in the last 300 years, let alone the thousands of publically held companies. gold and silver have held strong and increased in value for 5000 years

while i can appreciate the thought of buying an oz of silver now and it will still be an oz of silver in 10 years may not seem like a great investment; you are comparing something that is guaranteed to appreciate over time to something guaranteed to depreciate over time and may even loose all value overnight

and why would that happen exactly?

well I suppose there's your answer OP

precious metals aren't an investment, but you buy them if you think your nation's currency is going to collapse. Which I don't.

are you a burger? how do you think they will manage the economic reset without devaluing the currency?

forgot my fiat crash link
trader2trader.co/tag/historic-graphs/page/3/

any particular reason you believe any country is safe from hyperinflation, war, currency replacements, or succession?

take a peak at the dollar to silver ratio, on the far right, towards the bottom

usdebtclock.org/#

Nerva all day

whatever happened to the precious metal general?

onegold.com/ Best of both worlds, buy digitally, keep it securely stored. Basically Coinbase for gold and silver.

It's good if you need fast and reliable liquidity. I have tons of physical silver but the problem is that if I want to quickly sell it I might get half price for it at a pawn shop. I could sell it on ebay or something as well but that takes longer.
People buy silver ETF's for convenience. I agree that you should have more physical silver than silver stocks, although it never hurts to have a small position of silver stocks.

any event that threatens the petro dollar. we export 90% of our inflation

Buy WWII nickels. You can get them for at or below spot on ebay. They have silver in them due to nickel shortage during war. Search your change for disgusting looking brownish nickels. coinflation.com

Because Jow Forums is full of pathetic trend chasers, not contrarians.

Only after silver hits 100+ an ounce will biz start going crazy about it and start buying by the truckload.