Python

is pic related a good programming language to start with?
I have been working as a broker for equities/commodities for some time now and the money is ok, but I see many people rising ahead in my field who can code

Attached: python.jpg (200x200, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

interactivepython.org/courselib/static/thinkcspy/index.html
automatetheboringstuff.com/
bloomberg.com/professional/blog/coders-trade-wall-street-designs-staff-future/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF32RVZpT-k&t=1189s.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Python's a great place to start, mainly because of the libraries out there. Numpy/Scipy, matplotlib, pytorch. Also very easy to get simple stuff done quickly.

Learn Scheme. It's God tier.

Python is like what Visual Basic was years ago, only worlds better because it is much more useful everywhere. You certainly won't be wasting your time learning it. I find myself using it a ton in automation processes on backends.

Learn Gentoo

interactivepython.org/courselib/static/thinkcspy/index.html

do chapters 2-13, 15-17. then move on to object oriented programming, then move onto programming a linkedlist, a queue, a stack, a doubly linked list, a binary search tree, and a red-black tree (in that order). implementing a red-black tree means you know enough about computer science to figure out just about anything. this red-black tree advice came from my prof who's an OG programmer (uses unix, vim, and c for everything, and teaches OS level stuff). he said whenever he needs to pick up a new programming language he just codes up a red-black tree in that language and he's good to go

start with C or C++ do it for him.

Attached: image.png (500x335, 347K)

And dont forget to put it on a librebooted t400s

yea python or c++ is good start.
get off this cancer board now and go learn you dumb faggot

Why don't you ask in Jow Forums and not in Jow Forums?

all these people sound like complete newfags to programming

C was my first why shouldn't it be OP's first?

because he's in finance and needs to analyze data, not worry about allocating memory lol

Haskell is the only acceptable choice

Attached: hask.png (1000x1000, 32K)

based. Thanks very much, will look into it. I also was recommended this by a colleague, what do you think of it :
automatetheboringstuff.com/

well I'm a controls engineer I don't have to deal with python, I deal with C, C++, C# and visual basic. I rarely if ever see python used for anything in my line of work.

>C# and visual basic

Attached: puke.png (680x680, 687K)

OP, take some time to learn basic programming concepts like while loops or for loops, if statements, variables. Take a programming 101 class and if you are still interested then I would look into learning JavaScript. I can't even believe I'm suggesting it but you'll get a much faster return on your time invested. D3 libraries will probably be a huge help in your field and you'll probably make more as a UI designer if you have a knack for it. NodeJS is reason enough alone to learn JS.

Other languages to look into:
>PHP
>Python
>Solidity

Thanks brah

Attached: 1535755355710.png (1018x763, 204K)

Start with freecodecamp.org, it's javascript but the community is top notch and in my opinion the fastest way to learn programming fundamentals like variables and loops.

After that picking up python will only take you 1-2 days to learn the syntax. Eventually if you want to work on lower level stuff you can learn C or C++
Literally autism the post, because you don't use it, it doesn't exist in your world.
That's pretty good for learning syntax and some basic use cases for python, use it once you've gone through the first part of free code camp

Attached: big brain 2.png (1000x800, 285K)

Start with anything. It's good you're thinking about this now — better late than never.

bloomberg.com/professional/blog/coders-trade-wall-street-designs-staff-future/

Attached: bye traders (kek).png (800x522, 113K)

Will also add that if you know javascript and python you can basically do anything you would want to do, data science, web dev, basic robotics/embedded, machine learning, data visualization, etc

Only real advice ITT, also

I unironically have 6 high end computers algorithm trading constantly 24/5 on the forex markets via python scripts. Ask me anything.

Are you profitable?
Why not crypto?

Learn Json and Go and apply for chainlink

I will give you a hint how to get ahead in life, i use onanda api service to feed my computers real time data on python.
I use my own custom python scripts to handle/process the incoming streaming prices into useable datasets. When the very particular conditions i have programmed are met on the forex market, trades are exictuted. I have another complex python script that handles money management. the trick is to seriously consider the cci values on a higher time frames 30 min +, use cci in consideration with market trends to have a profitable algorithm on forex

You cant short the cryto market so easily, the work around is to short bitcoin tracker one and ethereum tracker one

I'm assuming you just have a fixed risk-reward and trade with trend when CCI is showing the opposite of the trend, ie overbought during bear market?

Why don't you use some cloud provider instead of having 6 computers and risking your internet going out?

What's your win rate for trades?

not him but there are no 50% haircuts in forex. crypto bot can lose $ SERIOUSLY fast

I will try to explain as best as possible even. Basically most indicators are useless in the forex market because the central banks are iceburg trading in such a away that make all the indicators useless.
The only somewhat useable indicators in forex are 1) cci (standard settings) and 2) parabolic sar (0.02,0.025). However the information given from these indicators should be taken with caution.

With that being said, the real reason my algorithms are profitable is because i use my own indicator, i dont really want to give it away but i can give you a hint. My own indicator reads similar to rsi, 70 being over heating and 30 being the opposite, with something like the bollinger band medium (kinda similar calculation too) being drawn.

My algorithms are above 96% profitable

You can also take the concept very far, to the degree of veiwing the forex market as a complex multi-dimensional object as seen in this man's youtube channel m.youtube.com/watch?v=XF32RVZpT-k&t=1189s. I was inspired by his algorithm but mine is nowhere as complex as his but he probably has a more profitable algorithm as me.