I think trading cards have real potential to be the next big alternative asset, up there with gold and paintings

I think trading cards have real potential to be the next big alternative asset, up there with gold and paintings.

>Mantle over $1 million
>Black Lotus over $100k
>Charizard over $40k
>Dark Magician Girl over $2k

These prices speak volumes. You really can't sleep on trading cards any more at this point, and every smart investor should have part of their net worth in trading cards. This isn't a meme anymore. Trading cards are quickly becoming among the most lucrative stores of value out there. It's time to wake up.

>For the source on sports card investing, go here: pwccmarketplace.com

>For the source on MTG investing, go here: m.youtube.com/channel/UCTp-iVOtTrKau0skmfZlo5Q

For the source on Pokemon investing, go here: m.youtube.com/user/smpratte

For the source on Yugioh investing, go here: m.youtube.com/channel/UC3sDGUNo2aWM7OZQmHLo8TA

Enjoy the ride. I promise you, success is in the cards.

Attached: 13610749_f520 (1).jpg (520x888, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmKf9SVh0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice I made a post while back on this where were you??? What would you recommend picking up rn in terms of Pokémon cards. My brother is starting a nice collection.

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

[spoiler] I’m amassing a collection of Illuminati: New World Order TCG cards that I’m convinced will moon [/spoiler]

Attached: 64258DDC-1A7B-4BEC-B1C5-4B826BFBDAA2.jpg (200x237, 31K)

Imagine not riding the EDH bubble to 10x+ gains

How could you ever cope?

The thing is that it's mostly old cards that have value. This is due to the tcg brand being way smaller then. Sure you can prob still make money but large gains are long over in my opinion since cards are more nassed produced then back then

Imagine not being an early adopter who bought 1000 unlimited sets in 1995, 100 alpha booster boxes, and 200 beta playsets.

That's a myth.

For Magic and Vintage sports, I can see your point. However, Pokemon and Yugioh have always been very mass produced.

mint first ed wotc holos. Staples of the hobby. If you have the cash look into high end tournament prize cards. You can find them sometimes on jap market places like Yahoo Japan but most of the top tier cards change hands in private sales.

Avoid all modern product. The tcg today is printed into the ground and cards aren't worth the cardboard they're printed on.

my fav card op.

wtf charizard is worth 40k?? I think I still have it somewhere at my parents house. THINK OF ALL THE LINK I COULD BUY IM ACTUALLY GONNA MAKE IT

Invest in my waifu pls

Attached: 20181205_003424.jpg (1332x2210, 1.97M)

>those prices
I really need to sort and list some of my vintage cards then.

Attached: 1504045754094.jpg (358x360, 22K)

>mobile youtube links
Enjoy your cancer tumors.

Are they graded?
If so, are they at least 8s?
Are they 1st edition?

If the answer to all 3 of those is yes, you're gonna make bank. If the answer to any of those is no, they're worthless.

the first pokemon pack I opened I got a 1st edition holographic Charizard

>For the source on Spongebob investing, click here:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GmKf9SVh0M

I can't remember if it's 1st edition or not but I got it back when pokemon cards started 97ish so maybe?
Assuming it is, what does it take to get it graded?

If you need to ask what it takes to get graded, then you're not gonna make it.

but charmzard

I have an incredibly abused unlimited black lotus in my wallet. It's been in there for almost two decades. Sure, it's a black lotus, but it's not a mint 10, so it's worthless.

Even if it was a mint 10, it's unlimited, so nowhere near as valuable as an alpha or beta version.

Even if it was an alpha or beta, and mint, you'd still need it to be a very high quality card for it to make the big bucks. The rare, ancient stuff must be truly pristine, and misprints and errors were incredibly common back in the mid 90s.

Attached: black lotus.jpg (395x550, 196K)

Eh. A damaged Lotus is at least worth something, as the early sets (pre-Revised) were extremly limited print and hard to find. Pokemon and Yugioh have always mass produced, so the older cards have to be 1st edition, compleyely free of errors, and highly graded to be worth anything.

Bump

Bump

>Maxmoefoe will be the richest man in the world after the collapse

You look at the card and judge the grade. That is what grading is.

A 1st PSA 10 is worth like 18-25k, not 40k. The value goes down a lot if it’s not in great condition.

>tfw got pic related years ago and its still in top condition (slight slight warp tho)
>tfw if it’s PSA 7+ i’ll be one moderately rich boomer in 40 years

YUP
das rite
im runnin thangs
IM RUNNIN THAAAAAAAAANGS

Attached: DD83AF91-0517-456A-9219-E2D25CFD12B4.jpg (321x450, 40K)

Yup just bought myself a couple boxes of the new commander packs, glad I got em when I did , alpha investments thinks they are going to moon once they are pop.

As long as Pokemon remains popular, counterfeits don't get too good, online reselling remains unregulated, and the US economy doesn't go down the toilet, yeah.

Hey Rudy thanks for the bi-weekly asmr sessions

this. i still have sealed beta and unlimited boosters and stacks of mox and lotuses. I was buying black lotuses even when i thought they were pricey at $200-$300 back in 2000 or so. just trying to figure out when to cash out

no. nobody would buy a card for $40k. there just isnt a large enough market for rich pathetic manchildren

Honestly, cash out now. Sell those and you'll be set for life.

It only applies to the top 100 cards.

>go to swapmeet circa 2009
>some asian guy's just selling all his son's shit
>mostly boring stuff, SNES games, MIDI keyboards, various stoner-ish room decorations and posters
>find MTG beta booster box
>buy the whole thing for 60bux
>pull a black lotus
>didn't know about grading at the time, sell it on ebay for 200bux
>buy weed with the money
i was a smart kid desu

Yeah meanwhile a loaf of bread is going to cost $12000 and milk at 20k. Serf

You mean a loaf of bread will cost 0.01 BTC?

This is fucking stupid. Why wouldn't companies/people just start printing the old cards again to make money? It's a trading card, not some fancy security-baked currency

I have a WCG 2018 yugioh special edition, bought it at 100 buks, i do think its at 300 now on ebay.

People aren't buying these for their functional value as trading cards, they're buying them because they're the "Original" cards. People aren't going to pay obscene amounts for a reprint.

I can read Action Comics #1 online for free, maybe even legally, or I can spend millions and buy a physical first printing of which maybe 50 are in existence. It's the same concept.

what's the difference between an original and a replica? nothing. you can just lie and say the replica is one of the originals.

They actually reprint artworks all the time for anniversary sets and shit but it's always easy to distinguish them from 20 year old card stock. Pokemon cant just go and reprint exact copies of their oldest stuff either, the production switched hands from wizards of the coast to Nintendo in 2002 and alot of the IP for minor card details still belongs to wotc.

this is a pretty sad story considering it was 2009 and the internet was freely available for you to do a quick google search

i think what he is asking is why isnt wizards of the coast using their old dies and printers to remake the valuable old cards and then sell them secretly for profit like a criminal counterfeiting operation.

anyway, im sure some workers on the printers do exactly this and sell their shit online as side income. but overall most companies are not going to soil their reputation or risk devaluing their game by trying to deceive their customer base. a better question is why havent the north koreans or chinks started counterfeiting this shit. i dont know

I don't know how people justify spending that much money on non-unique original items, only that it's obvious that they do.

The idea of counterfeiting cards isn't new, and while I have no idea how challenging it might actually be, the fact that these cards go through a grading and verification process in tandem with the large amounts of money that they pull suggests that it's likely not a simple undertaking.

Fuck this nigga Charizard .... I used to have ALL these motherfuckers back in the day but someone set my garden shelter on fire ( the card was in there) . this is my biggest regret of all time fuck I had them all

A few years ago I bought a Base Set 2 Charizard graded at 8, but I doubt it'll be worth as much as the original print in the future. When I was young I managed to get a gold star Latias one lunchtime but by the time the bell rang it wasn't in my bag so some fucktard kid stole it from me; my fault for not noticing nonetheless.

you're full of shit OP
there is a Charizard 1st edition on cardmarket for 300€
the premium for a Gem Mint card might be that much, but not one in regular condition. Meanwhile a Black Lotus is worth a fortune even if it looks like you stored it in your toilet the past 20 years

nice story
a Black Lotus was worth a few thousand even back then

Attached: Rudy's investment meme.gif (320x240, 1.28M)

What if rudy is op?

WHAT THE FUCK
WHY OS MY CHARIZARD ONLY WORTH 60 DOLLARS FOR BEING 2nd EDITION??

because by then there were a million 1st edition and regular ones printed, so it's the most recent and maybe most common prints of them....

what would be a non opened Kaiba starter deck from 2004 worth lol, i had this shit at my parents and hundreds of cards

there always happened fights in the school back in the days when nibbas tried to steal them

oh good old times

I had a Charizard. I used to draw pictures of it when I was like 5. My father told me to never trade it, it would be worth something someday. Well, my friend had a Blastoise. In a fight, which one do you think would win? I thought I was smart, I traded my Charizard for a Blastoise because...fundamentals.

You traded a mon that spits super hot fire for a turtle? What is wrong with you?

How do I short these fucking things?

Still salty about my shit neighbor stealing my Charizard card when I was 10.

OP I agree. I'm in deep on sports cards and memorabilia. been buying and selling for over 10 years. AMA

More times than not, you will be disappointed at the grade you receive. More times than not, the big players who send in the most cards will receive higher grades than the small fish like us, even if our cards are in the same/slightly better shape. I have seen this time and time again. If you'd like to give it a shot, the most reputable grading services are PSA, SGC & Beckett

Ash beat Gary, so clearly, the Charizard would win.

By purchasing counterfeits.

Original Blastoise was definitely an actual better card then the original Charizard you see in the OP. Rain Dance is broken as fuck

Shadowless 1st edition Charizard is $1,000+.
Graded brings an even higher premium.

How many mtg RL cards do you own? Whatare your most expensive pieces?

There’s a shitload of Magic cards to invest in.
Alpha Investments and Vintage Magic are paying hard cash for sets of Arabian Nights right now.

Attached: 0B02BF6C-39FF-42DD-A92B-F8DFB15BB4EA.jpg (749x406, 134K)

Go back to Youtube, Creepy Rudy