Today I'll be appearing in court against BoA because they sued me for not paying my credit card balance

Today I'll be appearing in court against BoA because they sued me for not paying my credit card balance.
I made make attempts to try to settle cause I was unemployed and had thousands in medical bills from an accident but they refused to help me.

Do I have any leg to stand on or am I screwed?
Thanks.

Attached: Bank-of-America-teme-a-las-criptomonedas-990x619.jpg (990x619, 85K)

why dont you ask your lawyer

You might get some bleeding heart judge who knows

You might as well go to reddit with this, where actual intelligent people may be able to help.

Can't afford one, I'm representing myself.
Don't have an account.

file bankruptcy.

doing so will create a restraining order on the bank preventing them from further action. i sometimes want to borrow a shit ton buy btc and hide them coins while filing bankruptcy fiat scam

This, they usually don't show to court tho. That's a tactic so you can panic call them back to make arrangements

my parents did this and they somehow won the court case and ended up owing nothing. just took a hit on their credit score

This

You'll be okay OP - here's a pro-tip though, if the judge asks about your assets, and you are a little fish without any experience in structuring assets away from the government (if you're asking this question here, you are), make sure you answer with complete honesty. If they ask how much money you have in your pockets, even if it's just 75 cents, tell the judge when they ask. For whatever reason doing this will make your life a lot easier. Plaintiffs bank on the idea you'll tell a fib and appear dishonest because it makes them easier to screw you, if you are honest and uncollectable they can't do anything and this angers them like nothing else. Tell them they need to show you all and the court the paperwork verifying that you actually owe them the debt, that they actually possess your debt, the original contracts, etc etc. Most of the time they don't have it and it's completely lost.

>I've been sued for doing something incredibly stupid.
>I have no legal representation.

If not a LARP, you'll get raped. Actually, you won't. They'll realize the severity of your brain problems, give you a tugboat, and hand you to a nice lady who'll keep an eye on you for the rest of your life.

so you stole money.

Dang Jamal, do you want us to drive you to the court too? Would you like refreshments for the trip?

Unless you lost them in the accident, you technically have two legs to stand on OP.

Libertarian spergs please leave

No. The banks gave him a loan without requiring collateral. That's their own dumb ass fault.

I don’t think it’s be considered stealing.

You’re fucked

If you were in the UK, yes you would have a case to defend

With any luck you'll get a judge who will help end this collective madness where we believe all debt needs to be paid back. Banks need to do due diligence to make sure that they're lending to someone who can pay them back or to an enterprise isn't likely to fail. And if the enterprise does fail or the person goes bankrupt, then that was the bad bet of the bank. If banks have a 100% guarantee by the government that they will always be paid back, then they will lend recklessly and frivolously to anyone, inevitably lose all their money, and we will have another financial collapse.

If we make banks eat their bad bets on people and businesses, it will be a good and healthy thing for them. They would surely work a lot harder to support profitable enterprises that grow the economy, peoples' lives, and themselves as the loan is paid back with interest. We just don't because they are big enough to cuck us over and over.

/thread

this

>Don't have an account.

Make an account you lazy fuck! God, you're dumb.

Reddit legal advice may be above Jow Forums, but it's still nothing but a joke in the legal community. Also, it's generally very very bad to go public with any details of your case.
For minimally competent legal advice you need the place of residence, maybe the sum of money involved. He's already stated that today is the court date. How many people does this match?
Yeah, it's pretty easy to trace it back to him personally, and on Reddit OP would have an account and e-mail address tied to him on top.

In here he's already admitted to certain information that may or may not be detrimental to his case. Going to Reddit will not make things better. Getting a lawyer and revealing everything exclusively in privileged communication is the only sensible thing for any defendant.

>Do I have any leg to stand on or am I screwed?
Under what legal theory? You have taken on debt. You're not repaying said debt. There's no "but I was in a really bad situation" exception to credit cards.

Settling seems like a sensible idea, but as an outsider it's hard to judge what transpired. We're only hearing *your* story. BoA might have a story of its own.

Get your financial information together. List all your non-essential posessions. Assemble proof that you're trying to repay the debt and what a reasonable timeframe and/or quota would be.

Best case: They settle for a quota.
Probably case: The judge rules againts you after 5 mins and you owe everything (so in essence nothing changes - you already owe everything).

If you are not competently represented, don't play games. Don't tell lies or try to manipulate. It'll make things much much worse on you. The longer you drag it out the higher fees and interest payments.

>No. The banks gave him a loan without requiring collateral. That's their own dumb ass fault.

No, the bank did their due dilligence, then OP lost his job and had a costly accident. Why should be bank cover for any of the random shit that happend to OP, that may or may not have been his fault. It certainly wasn't the bank's fault that OP lost his job.

Plus I wouldn't be surprised if BoA had included some provisions into their credit card agreement that OP should have notified them of some stuff like loss of employment. OP might have already been locked down on breach of contract before he failed to repay. Hard to tell from the outside.

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page. This post is nothing but wishful thinking. It does not describes the current state of law.

Idiot. Can't steal what they voluntarily give to you.

That is an option. Do you know the full legal ramifications? Does OP? Declaring bankruptcy on a whim, hours before a court date is a recipe for disaster. And it wouldn't change much, as the judgement couldn't be immediately enforced anyway. So plenty of time to research and decide on bankruptcy after the court date. I have to assume that OP simply doesn't have any money or possessions, so why the rush? BoA can win all they want, OP still won't have their money.

>Idiot. Can't steal what they voluntarily give to you.

he agreed to borrow money to pay it back. its no different from a landscaping company putting a flier on your front door, you contacting them and agreeing/signing to pay them for 50k of landscaping, then never cutting the check after they do it. its stealing.

>agreeing/signing to pay them for 50k of landscaping, then never cutting the check after they do it. its stealing.

No, it's not. You don't have the faintest grasp of criminal law.

Is the debt unsecured?

Then fuck it just don't pay. What they gonna do?

You do know that your are entitled to a lawyer from the government for free right?

Usually you can just deny the debt is yours. Say you have no idea where it came from, request a complete balance history from Day 1 and signatures for all purchases, as well as an original signed contract. Most likely, they can't prove it in court. If they call you to testify, say you have no idea what the fuck this bill is. Over 90% of the time, you can win because they don't have those documents and, in most states, they need to provide a witness who can testify to the validity of your debt and that doesn't work. I beat Citi in a similar lawsuit earlier this year. Fuck those banks.

pay denbts

If unsecured and past the statute of limitations your are golden.