Sup

Sup,

I just spent the last year living like shit and eating ramen to start a SaaS company that I just sold for $3.2 million (Though it is a 50/50 partnership). I don't want to tell anyone I know because they will just be money grubbing fucks so I had to tell you all.

Ask me anything (except for personally identifiable shit)

Also I want to start another company, any ideas?

Attached: 82d.png (520x498, 369K)

Name of the service

what problem did you try to solve?

where are good places to make money if you know how to program?

Not giving that out because it is way too easy to find me from it.

I actually just took an existing problem in a niche market and did it better. All of the competition was old as fuck, slow, and made with like winforms or some shit. The software isn't even that amazing, it is a glorified database with a fancy interface and some bells and whistles. Customer base are smbs.

To keep me afloat I did contract work on the side, though I happened to get that work through friends that knew a company that needed it.

What's the best ramen?
Personally, I'm a chicken noodle man.

Also congratulations.

Attached: pepe frog doll.png (716x698, 597K)

Honestly I just really like the beef flavor Top Ramen. Boil that shit, add some butter and seasoning, and bam. Though I am sick of it now lmao.

Why are you afraid of revealing your name if it's a legit business? If not Larp

Because there is no telling what turbo autist will track me down. Also I'm under NDA until January so I would rather not shoot my self in the foot.

Well done user. Are devbootcamps worth it for brainlets with no skills? Could I get a job in a office with AC and enough money for a small place of my own?

only 3.2? enterprise software can go for 100m+ if you hire some marketers and start stealing customers from your competition

what are you going to do with your 1.5m?

hey, thanks a lot. What research methods do you use to find profitable projects?

what language is it built in?
What industry does it serve?

Are you black? Just kidding.

probably some dumb inventory tracking software for an industry stuck in the stone age

I don't think bootcamps are worth it. Though my perception is skewed because I'm actually just self taught with no college and I'm only 23. But tech is definitely the career to go for I think, it is only going to grow from here.

Yeah we were hesitant to sell honestly, but we literally have no revenue which is insane. The company that bought us was actually a competitor and they are buying us solely on the product and only like 14 customers. Plus I can sell now and live comfortably and just start my next company with a lot more capital.

I'm going to invest a bit, buy some real estate, and then start my next company with the rest.

I'm not gonna lie this project just fell into my lap, but we did a lot of research on the competition before we started. I would say just try to find an old industry and build something to bring it "up to date"

Node.js and Angular.js. I would name the industry but it is so niche I think it would be too easy to identify me.

No lol

Honestly pretty much, I plan to do the same exact thing with another industry but just have actual money to get started.

This is the shittiest fucking LARP thread Ive seen today. 1/10

Attached: 1521748536397.jpg (267x189, 12K)

>I don't think bootcamps are worth it. Though my perception is skewed because I'm actually just self taught with no college and I'm only 23.

So you are smarter than me. I just want that extra help being a brainlet and all. I live in a developing country though so tech is bound to pick up a lot.

are you self taught or schooled?

nah i think he's legit

Attached: cube.jpg (488x497, 40K)

Before the question let me just tell you congratulations on freeing yourself from slavery. Still pumping it hard here user! Poorfag trying to make it. Currently learning IT to get some decent salary.

How did you start a SaaS company? Like what did you do to make it?

How did you find someone to buy your SaaS company for 3mln?

Unironically im eating rice right now kek.

Brah, if you can't push yourself through basic shit like freecodecamp, then it's pointless to consider CS.

Believe what you want I can't prove anything with out revealing my self or being called a fake.

Sorry I didn't mean to come off that way. I think before you look into a bootcamp you should try and do some research into programming your self. There is so much free info out there, I literally taught my self with Google. It isn't as hard as you think. I started by making video games actually to keep my self interested.

I'm glad you believe me haha.

Thanks! I couldn't stand working for other huge businesses making them money while I get fucking peanuts.

Anyways once we found the industry we wanted, we literally went door to door at these smbs asking what problems they had with their current software. Asked what they wanted solved, etc. We built a solution for those, put up a marketing website, added in Stripe to take monthly subscriptions, then started paying only $300 a month for AdWords on Google to get traffic.

Honestly we weren't looking for anyone to buy our company, but literally just one day we got a call to the number listed on our site, and it was one of our competitors asking about a potential partnership. Thought it was fake but after a few calls they were serious, they were shopping around for better solutions to buy instead of building out more features on their old software.(Their VC said it would take to long to build, so just buy something) Out of 80 or so other companies they found ours the best and they flew us to them to talk business.

what languages

Javascript with Node.js and Angular. Hate all you want on Javascript but it was easy to shit out a prototype.

i'm going to guess car dealerships
"door to door"

if not that just tell us you're on literally a hungarian sausage-making internet board

I am self taught.

Not car dealerships, there are plenty of businesses you can go door to door to.

I don't wanna give away too much. I'm also still under NDA until Jan.

k tell us in jan tho

Attached: 1542266484639.jpg (184x184, 10K)

do you fancy joining the /entg/ discord. It's got a good no. of non-larpers and decent posters/resources.

invite: disc.gg Anmjds

How do you think your company would have done if you didn't get bought out? i.e. do you think you were lucky in that regard.

Also congratz!

You're on 4channel now, not that nasty racist Jow Forums, no worries if someone finds out you frequent a Bulgarian shrimp farming forum.

I think it would have done way better than the buy out we have gotten, buuut there is also a risk in that. Plus that would be another year or two I have to live like an animal.

I would but my discord is also personally identifiable lol

I got an idea with human governed consensus. (The Ultimate Proof of work powered by Human capital)
It's the anti-social network mixed with tinder = no feeds / ads / no statuses / mine data.
I have devised an algorithm to connect users to physical connections via app.
Looking for starting capital @ Pre-seed to hire developers. Expected MVP Beginning of Q2 2019.
Interested?

Eh I'm not looking for a unicorn to invest in, more of proven markets with a better solution or something along those lines.

Anything in Spatial Computing. Ignore VR, ignore the bulkiness that HoloLens and Magic Leap One have today, and focus on a 5 year path geared towards Enterprise customers. There is a massive battle heating up from the major global tech giants as smartphone and tablet/laptop sales have leveled off. The amount of money being spent to win this war very few are aware is right around the corner is staggering.

Screencap this and let's meet up on our yachts in 2024. Or through Spatial Telepresence.

Attached: https_%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F65615%2F23c933 (950x534, 963K)