Is college even worth it anymore?

Should I finish a business admin econ degree from cal state fullerton (mediocre student. Have like a 3.17 and 2.5 yrs done. If I continue, I'll prob graduate with a 2.8-2.9. I'm legit retarded) or should I stick with the electrical trade?
Business admin has a 60% underemployment rate..
And I feel I will be underemployed.
I personally regret not choosing something more math based because I actually like the math classes, but HATE the managerial classes (mostly because I tend to suck at memorizing a shit load of stuff. I get Bs in those classes because I'm a decent guesser).
I have no debt.

I'm thinking there's this good union that pays very well (pic related) and I have a good chance of joining it in 3.5 months. The only down side is it's probably a LOT of physical work (yes yes, I'm a lazy bitch. It's electrical construction). Also, it's super super strict.. but I guess all jobs are like that.

In your opinion... should I even bother finishing the bachelor's or should I just stick to the trade and focus on joining a union?

Have no debt currently. Am a fuck up tho. Others who do things normally start college at 18, graduate at 22 (19% total) to 24 (60% total), while I would be part of the 40% if I continued... (currently 23.5).
The union would start me off at 1000 hrs completed with the associate's I have.

How many hours do you guys work at your white collar jobs in a week? Is it chill or is it high responsibility and really stressful? Not 100% sure if white collar work would be for me.
What would you do in my spot?

Attached: Screenshot_20180814-073211.png (1080x1920, 1.23M)

As far as 98% of the world should be concerned; to them College/Uni is pretty much just an overpriced daycare for mentally stunted women/faggots. Get a trade school or find your own way that doesn't involved tired get rich schemes like Crypto Mania. Trade school is probably the best, just try to find a city suburb to work around after that is still near a city being pumped by boomers/gooks.

yes you dumb fucking faggot get your degree
its a sunk cost
do you even fucking go to class?
just finish and move to the bay and get a job at a startup for 60k

holy shit you zoomer kids are gay

Did you even fucking look at the pic? If I get in the union, it will start at basically 45k a yr (nor including overtime) and cap at 93k.
My real issue is I feel I won't even get a business job due to how average I am and how I don't stand out.

>California
lmao ok. I am in fucking Kansas and upon graduation from college got a job offer above that "75%" rank right out of the gate for a 40 hour desk job

What major tho? Gpa? Internships?

if you can't read you're fucked either way. go to community college for a couple years and take a lot of reading and writing classes. and then never drop the habit

Electrical Engineering
every summer

Tl;Dr but I apprenticed as a sparky, got school paid for, worked in commercial moved to industrial maintenance & make $80k usd. Fuck college

Of course colleges are a joke. They're overpriced for what they offer. 1 - 2 hour weekly tutorial by some TA getting paid practically nothing. 2-4 hours of lectures a week that are read from a slide.

Colleges exist as accreditation agencies that show you know what you claim to say you do. Ivy League schools are great but they are just overpriced for 60k a year.

Furthermore, yes college has become a scam. How is business administration an academic discipline? The reason you suck at your managerial classes is because there is little to no material to actual learn or process. That stuff is just drawn out and regurgitate in a hundred different ways. I would drop out of college. You're degree will carry no weight.

>a loser trying to justify dropping out of college: the thread

I already have an Associates inna trade and did 2.5 yrs of a bba econ degree... I stated that in the op..

More like trying to justify continuing, dummy. I swear half the people the commented missed that I already graduated with something and am basically contemplating business vs sparky

nigga damn. take night classes. a year of heavy reading and writing would put you above 80% of people.

*that

I can read already so why tf would I do that??

Join a Union. I went to college and have a "white collar" job. I've worked for start ups and large enterprises - not really a difference in the bigger picture. I generally show up 30 minutes late and leave early if I feel like it. I'm at the office maybe 35 hours per week. You can make good money if you are intelligent and can manipulate people as long as you don't cause any damage or harm, and depending what vertical you are in. You can do very well in biotech, software, and eCommerce at the moment. If I could go back in time I would kick my 18-year-old-self in the nuts and say join a Union. One of my best friends from college said fuck it and joined a Union after graduating, completely wasting money to earn his bachelor degree, but makes very good money and just bought a house. He makes very good money even though his job is relatively "low skilled". He drives a forklift and unloads food. If you were to spend a little money learning skills for high demand Union jobs, you're golden.

Why did you start in the first place then? The job market hasn't changed much in the last few years. If anything it has improved.

I started with business and then I switched to the associate's when I found out about the union local 11 and saw more financial potential there.
Half of me wonders if it's worth it tho or if maybe I would be happier with a white collar job. Idk I just couldn't decide and still can't. I also feel I'm wasting too much time in school and feel I should just focus on unions in general.

I guess if I don't get in this local 11 union, I might just continue with the business thing since the trades don't feel worth it if non union

>being ok with working hourly

Well, here's my advice. If you're close to graduating (

Literally do both you twat

I went to coolege for free and now make $32 an hour with a job I got before I graduated. That's a lot for where I live, cost of living is cheap here. The best job I could get before graduating was construction or some hard labor factory job for like $14 an hour, so I almost tripled my earning power by attending college for three years.
Joining the Military paid off in the end, but you weak cucks couldn't be bothered to inconvenience yourselves for a few years despite the huge payoff in the end.

I just need 1.5 more years for it.. anyways, literally everyone ik except like 3 people are underemployed and in their late 20s so I was becoming discouraged.
Only like 4 out of like 12 have finally found something that pays decent. 2 26 an hr (so 54k at age 27 and one graduated at 22, the other at 23). One bio major makes close to minimum at 27 (graduated at 22) working woth kids. Another is an accountant. They busted their ass off so they succeeded but work pretty bad hours last time I checked (was working for water and power). 80k tho. She graduated at 26 tho. Another is 31 with political science. Graduated at 22. Still doesn't have a career.

These shit anecdotes just make me feel like a pessimist but again, if I don't get in this union or if I just don't end up liling it if I do get in, I'll probably just finish off the degree.

You're bragging over making $61k per year? Pathetic. I'm making $275k (including company stocks) doing devops. You are a failed man.

Of course you get a fuck ton of money, EE is one of the hardest majors.
Everyone who can't into EE goes into CS

Dude, you're almost in the top 5% in all of the u.s.
That's not a realistic salary

*of all in the u.s.

Lol at your excuse. Continue being a loser, loser.

Out of curiosity, how many hrs do you work a week?

That's retarded logic. "Excuse"... it's called being realistic.

Weak-ass nigga continues to excuse his mediocrity ITT.

Idiot.. so everyone should magically make close to 300k a yr, right?
Not realistic. What exactly is your salary and hrs worked per week?

No he's larping. Chill and be frugal, sempier pie nibba

190k gross for about 50 hours per week (OT pays double, obviously). perks include health insurance with dental, free gym and company car

that nigga had a GI bill, and yet he chose to get a shitstain degree that pays 32 bucks per hour. my starting wage was more than that, yet he's bragging like he's some hot shit.

he literally had the ability to learn a proper skill and make something at least resembling real money, yet he shat the bed hard.

it's not hard to make some money in this country if you're not retarded. but you degenerates can't be successful, so you cope by comparing yourselves to those who have it worse. it's pathetic.

>be frugal
the only reason we're frugal is because we can't afford to live truly luxuriously

once you realise that frugality is a mean of survival, you become so bitter it hurts

Maybe not everyone wants to make the most money ever?
Example.. if I get in that union and journey out. Working 50hrs a week = 125k before tax.
You're retarded if you think that's chump change, but anyways. Personally, I would prefer to work just 40 a week since I prefer having more me time.
And again, your salary is not realistic. I wouldn't want to work some high stress job that will leave me balding just for more cash.

Lol projecting this hard.
Personally, my end goal is to escape the rat race while I still have my youth. Won't tell you my plan but it's very realistic.

Not everyone is materialistic like you.

Just do the math on how long it will take you to get the "fuck you money" before you retire. Then you'll realise that getting there with low six figures takes decades. DECADES of toil, misery, prostitution of you time and effort for some faggot who signs your paycheck, stress and such.

With that in mind, if you want to escape the rat race while young, it's in your best interest to make as much as possible in as short a time span as possible.

Also, frugality does suck going a few years into it. Making somewhat decent money and willingly denying yourself decent lifestyle feels like a rat race. It's better than an actual rat race, though, because you're "racing" towards some semblance of peace and security in the future, but it still stings.

Decades? I don't think so. My plan involves buying a cheap home called the nomad cube (about 32k). Solar panel (about 10kish) and connecting the plumbing to the city.

The hardest reason it's hard to escape the rate race is because of the cost if living being so high (78% of full time workers live paycheck to paycheck, 50% of renters spend over 30% of their income on rent, etc.). Median cost for a home is 200k. If I can eliminate this expense and live off grid, that basically shortens the time I have to participate in the rat race