Where to sell old gold coins for best value?

I have a couple certified gold coins that PCGS prices show well above spot. (1700-1800)
Jewelry stores offer spot.
Coin shops about the same.
eBay/auction rapes you with fees.
APMEX lowballs.
Coin shows have high cost to set up.

Where to sell?

Attached: _20-saint-gaudens-pcgs-ms62-obverse.jpg (700x700, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgs.com/prices/priceguidedetail.aspx?ms=1&pr=1&sp=1&c=67&title=st. gaudens $20
youtube.com/watch?v=bygCbP5PEKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gold sells at 95% of spot unless ypu kike someone. you got kiked, bro.

>you got kiked, bro.
this. sorry but you fell for the numismatic trap. that happened to me when I first got into PM, it's a tough lesson, but just sell for spot, cut your losses, and move on

Actual historic and rare gold coins.
The higher grades go well above spot.
pcgs.com/prices/priceguidedetail.aspx?ms=1&pr=1&sp=1&c=67&title=st. gaudens $20

>2019
>selling
>gold

are you nuts? the wave is coming.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (474x356, 30K)

OP is talking about numismatics. I would say it's smart to get rid of numismatics and replace it with bullion (krugs, eagles, francs, phils, etc.) at spot.

This. Bullion is much easier to deal with. The issue is that these coins seem to be worth more than spot through condition, age, and rarity, it's just hard to get more than spot for them when selling through traditional means.

Don't listen to those retards.

OP, just sell on ebay.

>worth more
>can't sell at that price though

If you want the best possible price follow below steps:

step 1. buy bar of Tungsten
step 2 melt down gold
Step 3 cover tungsten with gold
step 4 PROFIT

lmfao, you're the retard. OP is experiencing the classic problem with numismatics. You pay 1.5x or higher premium on a coin but then when it's time to sell there are very, very few buyers willing to pay the premium. Ebay is the absolute worst for coin sells. They will take 10% off the top, plus paypal takes a cut, and then you have to ship and pray it makes it there, even if it makes it to the city and some fat fuck mailman's fingers don't hit the scan/deliver button, the buyer will file an DNR and get their money back, from you, and they get to keep the coin. OP's best bet is to find some local boomers on craigslist who like classic coins. That's pretty much the only way, because no dealer and no one online is going to pay those premiums for numismatics.

Clearly you’ve never heard of assay

This. Always buy whatever has the lowest mark up over spot. Numismatics btfo

No user i have heard of this process but never heard how to counter it! WOW who would have thought a drill might be a way to test! Wow thanks user for your insight! I now have a IQ of 2,000,000! This board is so informative!

even that's not a sure thing

youtube.com/watch?v=bygCbP5PEKI

best to sick with coins and do a sound test to verify the gold content

>craigslist
And possibly get robbed.
I have a buddy who worked at a large chain jewelry store for over 10 years and sold diamond rings on craigslist on the side.
One time someone from craigslist didn't show up at the meeting. So he went to work. The guy followed him. Broke into his car and stole his cash, gun, and jewelry while he was working. THEN he got fired because the company said it was bad for their image. Luckily, they caught the guy.

Anyway, my coins were purchased from boomers at spot but according to PCGS they should be worth more. Selling silver coins on eBay is no problem since they're not worth too much. It's difficult to find a proper gold coin buyer. I might try going around a couple booths at a coin show.

>And possibly get robbed.
If you're selling something high value you can meet at a bank or police station. If you don't take precautions that's your own damn fault. CL is good in that you can do cash/off-the-grid sales with zero fees. The only downside is you're limited to your local area.

stacks and bowers

you're welcome OP

Nope. You're the retard. The fact he has numismatics is the exact reason for selling on ebay. There he can set any price he wants and since it's numismatic he's likely to get even more than the numismatic value if he gets greedy bidders.

Lol. No one cares about gold anymore grandpops

If you manage to sell that crap above spot I will be EXTREMELY SUPRISED

ho ho ho
welcome to the rare book/record/furniture/fucking anything market
Technically it's supposed to be 'worth something' but where are the fucking buyers? Fucking whores on cocaine yachts that's where.

Attached: Kate_Bush_1295129989_crop_400x380.jpg (400x380, 39K)

This. OP, just make an ebay auction and set it pick up on location only. Also add in the description something like "IMPORTANT NOTE: There is NO PayPal buyer protection for this item. Payment must be with Cash on pickup. Buyer gets to inspect before paying."

(protip: even if the buyer pays through PayPal -- PayPal offers no buyer protection when the item has been picked up!)

If you're selling a rare coin worth say $1850, hype it up (RARE L@@K, AMAZING CHANCE!! WOW!! etc) and write a long description about how amazing the coin is, and take REALLY nice high res photos with brilliant colors, and set the starting price at $1790 and a long time (like 10 days). You can EASILY get crazies bidding over $2000.

No, you're the retard and you need to kys as soon as possible. Ebay is full of scummy buyers and you will get absolutely hosed on fees to the point that you will probably only get spot at best, and with all that effort you might as well just sell to APMEX for spot and be done with it. I've seen numismatics, even reasonably priced ones, sit on ebay for months, even years. It's an absolute waste of time and ebay will screw you over.

>IMPORTANT NOTE: There is NO PayPal buyer protection for this item. Payment must be with Cash on pickup. Buyer gets to inspect before paying.
That will never sell. Just go the CL route.