/smg/ - Stock Market General

lain edition

Thread theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=yO4myLCfN-Y

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 1543386103874.jpg (574x500, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16386731/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

STOP SELLING

Attached: 1508539647254.jpg (346x450, 22K)

I wanna go all in on Lain.

QLD AND SSO BROS RISE UP

GAINS GAINS GAINS IRON HANDS IRON HANDS IRON HANDS

>mutt markets
LMFAO

Attached: 1525109858791.png (680x899, 177K)

Attached: Lain suicide.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>Lain Edition
You're alright for a tripfag.

not like this... NOT LIKE THIS

wahburgaflplhhhblblbffff

Attached: 1541418376758.png (319x143, 74K)

Let's all love lain and short

Americans live in your mind rent free.

Oh boy, approaching 2640 fast.

Who else tried catching the falling knife today and got JUST'd?

Attached: JUST_JUST'd.jpg (297x331, 32K)

MY FOOD

Attached: original.gif (500x281, 980K)

>AMZN is now in the orange 1m
>SPY is now in the red 15m

its ogre, sell everything!

Attached: foreigners still jealous of america.jpg (1024x576, 97K)

we'll all be joining RKG soon

Attached: 1542165440530.png (600x600, 41K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

not too many people with significant money. have about $360K in the market but I wouldn't consider myself rich at all, just in progress of making it. I figure 10 more years of investing should get me to 1.25M and I'll be able to semi-retire and do what I want.

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

>can't even handle the banter and has to hide out on flagless boards
l m f a o

I want to put 20% of my NW in RWM and hodl it for 1-2 years. Why is this a bad idea?

are you still contributing? 360k to 1.25m in 10 years is 13% annually, and divvys move SO SLOWLY you will get lucky to even make half that

Ameriniggers actually thought the could make it

Here's the (You). Now, don't ever talk to me or my wife's stock discussion ever again.

Nice. It’s not rich but well off. Are dividends better than short term bonds or money market?

already made, i'm just here to be helpful :)

SELL SELL SELL IT'S ALL OVER

whatever complaints people may have about me, at least they can't claim I have shit taste

Attached: oh no.png (871x311, 26K)

General Mills you little slut
someone is taking responsibility for this

Attached: xbv.png (348x342, 169K)

see
its actually working out good for me for once
as long as AMZN ends red, or i pay enough attention to buy back in before it jumps up

>havnt made a day trade in months because of the classic "useful, therefore never used" videogame principal
i think I need to become more risk tolerant, im just letting these golden opportunities go to waste

Jow Forums (and a few choice generals on it) are for when the market has closed

ill lose money if i go there now

also, i can still remember way back when Jow Forums didnt even have flags

Attached: 1495170038789.png (652x632, 306K)

MILDLY GONCERNED :DD

Your markets are red and your people are brown

Attached: V0SkMhCD_400x400.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Can we get some official /smg/ networth brackets? What's the difference between....
>NEET
>Poor
>Average
>Well off
>Wealthy
>Rich
>Jewish

OH NO NO NO NO
CRASHING THIS MARKET

Attached: image0.png (770x460, 119K)

no problem
CWCO is the only company I know of that's specializing specifically in desalination, and they seem to be pretty solid financially

most my money is in 4 mutual funds (growth, emerging markets, income, europoor). about 120K is in dividend companies.

i've increased my income substantially over the last 3 years, therefore I am now contributing about $50K in new capital and reinvestments (hopefully more with div and cap gains growth due to new capital investments).

Give me one reason not to end it all right now.

Attached: 8a4.jpg (316x202, 7K)

fuck off
nobody gives a fuck about crypto here

>this crash will cause more mutts to take their own lives
based

Attached: 1533862485022.png (528x424, 13K)

very nice, with 50k additional a year you will easily make it to your 1.25m mark

i dont make as much money as you but i save almost 40% of my income so i should be able to retire in under 15 years myself, feels great man good luck

the stock "bitcoin group se" you retard not bitcoin

You can buy the cheapest stocks in this century if you manage to time the bottom

>bitcoin group se

gee, I wonder what their company is based off of

in her honor, ᶠᵘᶜᵏ nᶦᵍᵍᵉʳˢ & ᶠᵘᶜᵏ ʲᵃnnᶦᵉˢ

>>NEET
no income no education
>>Poor
no car or no property
>>Average
more debt than savings
>>Well off
debt free, disposable income
>>Wealthy
has own house, car, family, disposable income, and regular vacations
>>Rich
"job" is more like a hobby, could retire now and never be poor
>>Jewish
???((them))???

strawpoll.me/16386731/r

thanks for the (you), now enjoy your ban

Attached: sherman with nukes.jpg (399x408, 75K)

it's heavly underrated
short sellers will all die hard

BUY OR YOU A FGT
SHORT SELLING MAKES YOU TURBOFGT

In terms of net worth...
>NEET
More than 0 GBP (good boy points)
>Poor
$10k
>Average
$100k
>Well off
$1mm
>Rich
$10mm
>Jewish
$100mm

I Think the golden bullrun just started

Attached: 4xz.jpg (259x259, 47K)

Lol no. I’m not allowed to make money.

God damn this place is broke af

Is there an inverse equivalent of TVIX?

just want to let you know that I've reported all of your posts

do you realize the 'net worth' of the 'average' American? without counting mortgage its almost always well below 0, that guy is right

not having any debt almost automatically makes you rich if you make ANY amount of significant money and save any % of it at all

based jannies

>I've reported all of your posts
suckkkaaahhh

mutts arent human beings

BUY BITCOIN GROUP STOCK

did you at least google "net worth of the average american?" because its positive at every age group. even median wealth is positive
sorry you grew up poor

No thanks moron. Not falling for your crypto retardation.

Let’s just say this board has low standards then. Back during crypto bullrun it felt like at least 10% of posters were millionaires

you do realize that you can input whatever you want into a blockfolio right?

end your life and stop shitting up this thread with your garbage stock
you are a worthless failure of a human being and it would be better for all of us as well as your family and friends if you just killed yourself

You came in late then. Before that people posted pics of their lambo

But thats for only on robinhood

you just scared because you shorted them
good luck losing all you money

i grew up and still am extremely wealthy, i am only making it on my own for fun i could always live off my parents money if i wanted to

Still some time to turn this boat around

Attached: lionel_messi_2.jpg (1236x820, 221K)

>golden bull run
You guys use this ironically, right? You know that infinite growth is a meme.

I hate OGEN so much, I hope whoever shilled me this garbage has hanged himself by now.

good luck too user.

matter of retirement is being able to save a high percentage of your income and not let lifestyle creep/inflation get in the way of the goal

>buying a small-cap biotech company without being familiar with the science behind it, as well as the company's finances and any upcoming catalysts

you should always do your own research on a stock before you buy it, especially when it's a stock like OGEN

thank you sir

at this point i dont even want to 'make more money' with more responsibilities, i like my easy as hell job because i dont spend much money and would rather buy more equities than as you said let lifestyle creep take over

feels absolutely superb man, we're making it

buy bitcoin group se stock and it's going to be lamboland

if you short sell you are retard and it's going to be garbage land

Nice larp. If you’re rich you wouldn’t be wasting a second of your life here

right now i'm starting to feather into emerging market bonds in case the shit hits the fan here as a way to mitigate losses during a bear market/recession.

but i'm long everything and I never plan on selling. My investing philosophy with regard to dividend investing is to keep money in 20-30 great companies, buy and hodl forever and using that income to either fully fund retirement or a significant portion of it

I have some bonds in my mutual funds, but mostly i use stocks like JNJ, PG and KO as my bonds. absent absolute catastrophe, these stocks will out live the generation being born today

Gosh if only you knew who I am and how much I'm worth.

kys

to be fair it does say robinhood not all brokers, so im sure many in the thread don participate in that poll because of autism and the loaded question

no everyone stays on this board once they make it

>or thats what I keep trying to tell myself so i can leave

it was made in a /smg/ board, but yes, its unknown how many dont participate in the poll since it says "robinhood" instead of "broker" or "stock market"

not as long as population continues to rise

>spending more than 1% on memes
>in the year 2020-2
ishygddt

Attached: 1481385850143.png (1652x3056, 1.76M)

u rich enough to let me borrow a dollar?

I thought stocks go down during recession, so much that it erases any dividend gains?

you're probably going to outlive me, i have a pretty high stress job but my goal is to semi retire in a job that offers full benefits to part time 20/hr week workers, shoot the shit with co-workers and go on vacations 3 times per year

do you keep divies in cash, or do you DRIP?

Attached: biz bitcoin proofs.jpg (1604x985, 542K)

what sort of job gives health care (what other beneifts do you even need?) to 20hr/week employees?

I guess I believe you? And to be clear we’re talking north of $10mm right?

>He didn't buy tesla

lmao look at all you retards

to be fair if your passive income is high enough you can just pay healthcare out of pocket

Attached: hip replacement.jpg (500x2103, 255K)

Report this guy

Costco, REI, Starbucks, etc. Some even give you stock options and 401K matching at 20 hours per week.

DRIP just cost averages down. my purpose in dividend investing is to compound the dividend gains to buy more shares, to increase the pay out to a point where all my monthly expenses can be covered by dividends alone

Oh you’re saying to not reinvest? I guess that helps. What’s the pic supposed to mean? Your lambo?

Bulls are done, huh?

It's the barrick gold faggot

If I wanted a hip replacement that used technology from the 1980s, I'd go to spain

Ok, I still don’t get the appeal of dividends over just selling your stock, since they’re theoretically equivalent.

my dividend income will increase year over year outpacing inflation, average around 8%. Coupled with compounding interest of DRIP, good dividend portfolios will outperform the market and most growth stocks. plus i don't plan on selling a single share of my dividend portfolio unless something bad happens (like when I sold GE)

Attached: aristocrats.jpg (793x509, 65K)

>wasting your money on an expensive car that serves no real purpose

Attached: 1542936299703.jpg (652x641, 68K)

the fucking english muffins got me good

>>Oh you’re saying to not reinvest? I guess that helps.
drips means you use the dividends to immidiatly buy more shares
if you dont drips, and dont use the dividends cash for buying other stocks, then that cash wont lose value when the stock price goes down (assuming currency maintains it's value)
> What’s the pic supposed to mean? Your lambo?
if it was mine i wouldnt be here
>been trashtalking crypto since 2014 on here
the past year has been nice, but i still wish I had started mining by 2015 or so

if someone gave me a free lambo id sell it in a heartbeat and use the money to buy an apartment
and sit on half the remaining cash, and invest the other half of the remaining cash

its the pic in

Attached: real returns equal to 1 dollar in 1871.png (483x413, 20K)

dude you holla at a chick carrying her groceries in a lambo and be like hey baby lemme hold your bags, she'll probably suck your dick.

If you buy a buisness you should get paid an income, dont you agree?

>probably
100% definitely

not if you want to reinvest that money back into the business, which is whats happening with every profitable non-div payer

>implying casual sex with materialistic whores means anything to me

I would rather just masturbate at home

That's the best possible use of a luxury car, imo
Selling it and using the money to buy other, more worthwhile things

that's because you're probably into guys.

You make a profit without selling the under lying asset.

Ok so if you had 1 million dollars you would buy for example "skechers" stock... you would risk being underwater for over a decade and never get paid. Id rather get paid that 50-60k per year to reinvest when it dips

hahaha....rallys coming guy...hahaha