Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums
Anyone else in to gold and silver staking?
I just started anyone got any good tips when it comes to buying? My stack so far.

Attached: Screenshot_20181208-173619.jpg (1058x989, 938K)

Why the coins?

They are literally almost a 1/4 to a 1/3 more expensive then their bar equivalents : o

Nice stack though.

I bought a lot of them when the spot was crashing people were selling bulk with a very low premium I thought it was a good idea I don't know

I would disagree, if you shop around for deals you can get coins for the same price per oz as bars. And I always tell people to avoid bars, way to many tungsten fakes out there, especially in the higher weights.

the lower the price the more important the cost basis becomes. thats why you should buy rounds and pay the minimum above spot.

lets analyze someone paying spot price of lets say 15 plus 2.50 premium for coins vs 15+ 30 cents premium for rounds with silver going to 150 dollars.....

15.30 vs 17.50 cost basis.
9.8x vs 8.6x your money
You increase your gains by 13% just by buying rounds.

So that is worth like $500 or so? Looks pretty nice.

No, Im not staking gold and silver because Im not a doomsday faggot

Attached: 1477620350180.jpg (251x242, 14K)

you're failing to account that coins like eagles sell for a higher premium than rounds. I've done analyses on this before, and when you take that into account, there's really no difference in rounds and coins. Just buy whatever you can get a good deal on at the time.

mfw only own paper gold

Attached: 1510705005573.jpg (728x567, 142K)

Buying semi-numismatic for a few dollars over spot is generally a good idea because they go up a lot more in value because of normie collectors.

t.flipper.

Something like almost a thousand if you count the silver quarters and half dollars

Attached: IMG_20181018_135119_873.jpg (3640x1973, 1.88M)

but if you never check, you never lose

you always lose on numismatics, avoid at all cost.

but if you spend the same amount you actually increas your gains slightly more....lets say you spend $1000...

you get 65 ounce of rounds vs 57 ounces of coins.

now if the price goes to $150

$9750 vs $8550

this increases your gain to 14%

thats why those people that spend $5 premium on fancy coins are insane.

20 vs 15.30
50 ounces vs 65 ounces
7500 vs 9750
30% difference in gains.
650% overall vs 875% overall

you don't get a huge premium when the price goes to 150....you only get your 2.50 back so you might get 152.50

>when the price goes to 150
which will never happen

150 minimum by 2024 if not 500 per ounce at the blow off top.

Yeah enjoy your 1983 christmas bars burgerfag.

Strange then how some Lunars i bought some years ago are now worth 3x spot and some rwandan coins i got more than that again.

Did you not read my comments in this thread faggot? I said avoid bars. There's tons of non-numismatic coins out there.

Not gonna happen. At best it will return to 2011 levels by 2024. I'm a realist here.

I keep seeing silver on here and it's got me considering it. Looking at gold it's barely kept up with inflation. Silver seems to just go down. If I'm speculating in hopes of a 10x in a few years crypto makes more sense. I have a ledger and a couple plates with my stamped seed on it. Much easier to store, access, and sell than precious metals. To 10x I just need $3 linkies. That is pretty much guaranteed in a very short wait. Getting into it from a collector/hobby point of view is attractive. I just don't see much money in it.

It's not about 10x your investment. Gold and silver is to hedge your value for when the $ goes into hyperinflation and crashes. It will, it's only a matter of time. Fiat currencies can't last this long. History proves this. It's just the natural course of a 40 year fiat currency average lifespan.

$1000 EOY!!!1!

>That is pretty much guaranteed in a very short wait.
jfc, you linkyshills have to literally ruin every thread on Jow Forums
news flash: your retarded shitcoin is not going to 10x in the future, it will only continue to go down until it, like 99% of the other shitcoins out there, reach their final value of ZERO

The simple fact that Sergej owns 650,000,000 of these worthless tokens says everything you need to know.

As valuable as they will be seen who can blame him? I'd hold 650m too if I could. I often make in a cold sweat thinking my 55k is only worth 55-275 million. With such a sure thing why did I not invest harder? Already eating ramen every day but I could always pinch them pennies harder.

This all the way,a rainy day fund that no one knows about us very important

Attached: IMG_20180825_155525_237.jpg (1620x1620, 445K)

Definitely a factor if I was going to pack up a couple kilos of silver I'll do it at official dealer