Does a Costco membership make financial sense?

Does a Costco membership make financial sense?

Attached: 5810e0c97cb97.image_.jpg (1200x616, 147K)

If you actually shop there any use all the items sure, its financed by the people who buy memberships but never go. But they also have shit variety and most stuff is low quality garbage.

Most of the stuff seems to be of very high quality in comparison to Walmart, Target, etc though.

How much nutella do you eat?

Hi, welcome to costco.

I love you.

Fuck yeah. Even if you just buy toilet paper, paper towels, and trash bags it's worth it.

If you buy a TV or buyrotissary chickens and pizza pies 10 times a year it's worth it. Costco makes bank on people who pay their membership and buy only toliet paper and detergent once or twice a year.

It's worth increases the more you shop there. If you shop weekly you only need to make a saving of $1 to make it worth which is incredibly easy to do. It's worth it imo, especially if youre doing family shopping

No.

Why do people fall for this shit

only if you live with multiple people and use the exective membership. You get 2% of what you buy back in an annual check and it pays for the membership and becomes self sustaining.

So the executive Costco membership costs $120, meaning that with 2% cashback you'd have to spend $6000 to pay for the membership? I don't think I buy enough toilet paper and trash bags.

Executive membership is stupid. Get the 60 dollar one and be done with it.

Yup. Buy most of my groceries here. I buy dog food and my gas here too. Pays for itself over and over if you go regularly.

yeah like I said, you have to have at least a 3 person household and possibly share the membership with another household as 2 membership cards are allowed to be issued per account.
They do have decent deals on most items you just have to be savy and plan your shopping well between costco and regular supermarkets.
Its pretty comfy to get a big bag of godiva choclates on sale for $5

So the basic idea is to have you pay to get a constant discount so you stop comparing prices and only shop with them so you don't feel like you lose your initial investment?

mine pays for itself with only 2 people using it, however i do occasionally take friends for a big shopping spree and they reimburse me in cash.

>only have to drive 15km to get that 1c/l cheaper petrol at costco
the absolute state of biz

are you people so poor that a $60 purchase requires deep technical analysis

It's literally $5 a month and the first churro and toilet paper purchase will put you in the green

This, it's Walmart for dumb boomers

Their return policy is apparently amazing

Used a blender for 3 years and it broke? You can take it back and get your money.

There was a story last year of a lady who bought a christmas tree at costco, it died like all cut trees, and she returned it for a full refund after christmas

Every retailer does this because they fantasize about people going on and telling people about how generous the company is. Home Depot has a corporate legend about how they returned car tires from an old lady, even though they never sold car tires. And I'm sure most retailers do similar shit.

hot dog and soda deal for 1.50 is that fire son

Yes, I made 400k last year just by having a costco membership

My business is right next to Costco, I buy over $4000 of gas a year, so just the 4% cash back on already heavily discounted gas more than pays for $120/year membership. I also buy the fuck out of their $10 pizzas (that they lose money on) for the guys who work for me.

>Low quality garbage

Nigga what kinda crack are you smoking? Yes they have extremely limited selection (4k items rather than 40k more typically in a grocer), so there is only 1 kind of scissors to buy, but that one option is a three pack of titanium blade high end scissors for $20. They also have a unlimited return policy, so anything not to your satisfaction is returnable for full price even if open or half consumed or 3 years old.

Attached: 1542867636138.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

>most stuff is low quality garbage.

false

>Yes, I made 400k last year just by having a costco membership
how?

>not living within walking distance to a costco
You use the metric system, so I figure a commie like you has at least an hour drive ahead of him before reaching a glorious American Costco.

This lmao. Just buy the fucking card it’s worth it