Inheritance Bullshit

>Work shitty retail job making 12 bucks an hour.
>Live paycheck to paycheck every month.
>Try to scrape together whatever I can every month to invest in my future.
>Grandfather dies recently.
>Leaves me and my sister inheritances.
>Attaches clause to them saying we can't touch any of it until we're 65.
>My sister and I are very well educated and responsible, and I inherited my grandfather's financial brain so idk why he decided to pull a dick move like this on me.
WHY THE FUCK DO OLD PEOPLE PULL THIS SHIT? WHAT A FUCKING ASSHOLE! HE COULDN'T HAVE JUST SET IT TO LIKE 35 OR EVEN 50. WHO'S TO SAY I DON'T DIE BEFORE THEN?!?!?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1520790670861.png (1114x753, 104K)

Jesus gramps cucked the fuck out of you from the grave

Did he leave you money? OR is it in stocks or some other shtit like that?

If it's cash I'm going to laugh my ass off

It's in a special high-interest mutual fund that was set up when I was a baby. We're allowed to put money into it so that it grows and we're always allowed to take out money that we put into it or take out interest income made from whatever we put into it, but we can't touch any of the principal/interest from what he put into it until we're 65. It's fucking bullshit.

>why
Because he knew your dumb ass would just blow it all and be left just as poor as before, probably on some stupid shit like LINK or hookers

When i made that wojack i never imagined such JUSTENING holy shit your grandpa was a dickhead

>we're always allowed to take out money that we put into it or take out interest income made from whatever we put into it, but we can't touch any of the principal/interest from what he put into it until we're 65
Is the interest income large enough to live on?

Maybe that was his point?
He doesn't want you to quickly burn through the principal when it's enough to be a permanent cash cow?

How much is the principal and what's the average annual interest income?

Nvm, I can't read.
I realized you said you can only take out interest from money that YOU put in.

I'd say you can contest that clause in the will.
You'd easily find lawyers that will be willing to fight it for a small cut.

Call J G WENTWORTH. 877 CASH NOW

From the amount that he put into it? Yes, It's large enough to live on if you want to rent a room with someone but you wouldn't be living a lavish lifestyle off of the interest income. I don't know the exact interest rates, etc but it was setup in the early 90's when interest rates were still pretty high.

oh my god you're ridiculously fucked. might as well forget about it entirely.

When my dad's parents bought a house for $10k. When they signed the mortage they could barely pay for it, by the end of it my grandpa's salary could almost pay the whole loan off every month.

You're granpa longed USD.

You could just kys OP. That would really show him.

>Work shitty retail job making 12 bucks an hour.
>My sister and I are very well educated and responsible, and I inherited my grandfather's financial brain

Pick one brainlet

There's no jobs out there fucking retard. I applied to 1500 jobs and have been on several interviews. It's literally all I have right now.

KEK

I wonder if there is a way to make a legal argument that he was not of sound mind when he added that stipulation to the inheritance. It wouldn't be an unbelievable argument, since it makes no sense at all.

is there a way to legally change your age?

lol hire a lawyer. Contracts and wills aren't bulletproof. The best part is that the old man cant hire a defense so it's pretty much guaranteed.

It all depends on how much of the haul you are willing to split with your mercenary.

>$12/hr
Is that normal in America? Seems incredibly low and shit

In retail 101% normal. If you move to the Midwest you can get $15 / $20 warehouse jobs and cheap cost of living.

One thing you (might) be able to do is sell it to someone saving for retirement but with inflation I wouldn't buy it unless it was in an index fund. This sounds like bonds.

Where I live in the USA, minimum wage is $8

Wait, so can you withdraw the interest generated and live off of that or not?
If you can withdraw the interest, it's not too bad of an arrangement.

I can't withdraw the interest, no.

Man what a dick.... was he such a troll back when he was alive?

But yeah, I'd definitely contest it.

How much is the initial? At least you're getting something.

877 CASH NOW!

So you'll get the money when you're near death? Lmao, that old man put that inheritance for your kids, not you.

How much is the principle? Maybe you can live off the interest.

>Works retail
>Lives paycheck to paycheck
>My sister and I are very well educated and responsible
Uh-huh OP, sure...

Attached: 1542848613523.gif (931x682, 426K)

I wonder if you can sell the rights.
i.e. someone might be willing to buy the right to redeem it for like 70% the spot price

Would that be legal?

Surely there's a way to get the money. What a prick.

Gramps probably knew you two are crackheads and would blow the money

Maybe. You can sell life insurance.

Sounds like hes gonna try again with your kids.

I mean either he thinks reincarnation is real and is hoping to be one of your kids and then inherit it. Or he thinks you guys are too hopeless but maybe your kids might at least benefit from it.

He's probably disgusted you never made anything with your life and didnt want to give you an easy out.

Based grampa

I know right! Fuckin boomers! Some old uncle I never meet died a while back and gave me a YUGE inheritance. But get this! The catch was I had to spend a million dollars every day, for 30 days, In order to get my whole inheritance, ya see If I didn't spend a whole million a day I'd lose it all! isn't that weird? What an eccentric asshole. Thankfully, despite my kike lawyers vigorous attempt at swindling me, it all turned out ok I suppose my uncle taught me a valuable lesson of the danger of over indulgence.

Couldn't you have just bought crypto?

*toothless old man laughter*
That's pretty fucking funny tbqh

it's actually better than you can expect to earn at most retail positions in the USA.

I'm so fucking jealous about people that get inheritances. I'm not ever going to get shit. My grandparents all died with nothing, my mom is terrible with money and has nothing.

Boomers ruined the country too, I probably won't get SS either.

My dad convinced his mother to write us out of her will, because he thought he was rich enough.

>grandpa leaves you free retirement money
>complain like a faggot that you can't spend it all now

Your grandpa was right to make you wait. You're an entitled cunt.

Attached: pepe3.jpg (499x499, 24K)

>can't touch any of it until we're 65
Maybe he is trying to tell you that he has faith in you to earn that amount by the time you are 65 and that you dont even need it?

People who got a sizeable inheritance at a young age are the fucking worst. They become completely out of touch with everyone else around them who didn't have their life handed to them on a plate.

OP got boomer'd

ok Brewster lets go buy a baseball team and get sum hookers!!!
Zoomer

Attached: brewsterhed.jpg (1100x739, 76K)

Go back to work wagie.

Attached: B60EA00B-5FDB-42CA-842A-E7D6A2E5A449.png (1200x1000, 299K)

Hire a lawyer and contest it. Say it's a typo and should read 26.

>You'd easily find lawyers that will be willing to fight it for a small cut.

Lol. No. Estate lawyers are some of the most expensive lawyers you can hire, short of a criminal attorney. 5k MINIMUM for a retainer, just to research the case, if they have to go to court - and contesting a will, guaranteed, the meter starts and goes up fast. Most lawyers won't contest a will unless there's significant amounts of money on the line, and they have a shot at winning, and contesting wills is fucking hard. IF the OP isn't larping, and the will was set up correctly (I have my doubts, unless it's a trust), they don't have grounds to contest, because they always try to follow the wishes of the will, unless it's illegal or can't be accomplished - and, there may be a clause that if they try to fight the will, they lose everything - which is a VERY common clause for wills and trusts that put a time gate on inheriting stuff.

IF the OP isn't larping, hire an estate lawyer to review the will, and give you any options, if any. Won't cost more than a couple hundred. If there's grounds to contest, they'll know. Estate law is VERY state specific, and fucking complicated.

I'm leaning towards larping, unless it's a trust, and OP has no clue what a trust is - and if that's the case - hire a lawyer to walk you through what it is, and how it works. If it's a trust, good luck trying to break it.

>The best part is that the old man cant hire a defense

But, his estate can, and will, if they contest. That's when the costs skyrocket, and if they lose, in some states, they can be liable for all legal fees after they're denied.

If your really are "educated" and "responsible" don't fucking doubt a wise mans decision.

Wow OP. You got JUSTed.

Attached: v9i6TR6.jpg (998x1500, 153K)

I for myself think about doing the same. Struggle is an important part of life, which I sincerely want my children to feel. Your grandpa did yourself a great favor and important life lesson. It's the same feel, Jesus felt. Be more grateful user.

replace struggle with suffering

Absolute kek

Most retail is actually $10 an hour.

If that's not a reason to live a healthy lifestyle then I don't know what is

What are you educated in. I was laid off recently and was able to find work I wanted within 2 weeks. There are thousands upon thousands of jobs in my field open across the country, I turned down multiple offers to come interview. One quick look at Monster or whatever other site is enough to prove that there are plenty of jobs.

Although I’m an engineer with military technical background, you may have some fruity ass useless bachelors. What do you do?

Same senpai. My grandparents (born 1930’s) have a decent amount of money, problem is their boomer children are all awful with it, spending every dollar they make and living way outside their means. Unless I somehow get directly willed anything, I highly doubt there will be anything left by the time my family’s boomer generation is gone. I’m in my 20’s and have a higher net worth and income than boomer relatives in their 50’s, it’s sad.

the only good post. i can tell op is a loser mostly because he can't figure out that any big influx at any point in life benefits personal finance in ALL points in life. brainlet doesn't understand time or money. get a fucking book user, fucks sake.

>Work shitty retail job making 12 bucks an hour
>My sister and I are very well educated and responsible, and I inherited my grandfather's financial brain
>Work shitty retail job making 12 bucks an hour

Have him declared mentally insane in retrospect to invalidate his testament.

California

I want my money AND I WANT IT NOW

so you'll remember him for the next 35 years. or, he did it for the lulz.

>Well educated
>12 dollar hour job

You're either lying or you have a meme degree. Either way you sound like an entitled fucking prick who would probably lose all of it on meme coins.

>given a gift that you previously did not have and is extremely useful
>"Why the fuck did someone give that to me I wanted this other thing instead"

You're a cool person.