Debt Collections

I currently have a medical collection listed on Experian. Doesn’t show on other 2 bureaus.
Experian is low-mid 600’s Equifax is mid 700’s
Transunion is High 700’s

This strange variance in scores makes me want to pay off the debt. I’ve heard a myriad of things such as pay for delete, pay in full, pay a settlement, don’t pay at all, pay the original hospital, etc. Should I just keep this debt on my record? My score would be near perfect without it I believe.

Attached: 29F7B51C-B94F-466F-B5C8-4C26AF6DED1A.jpg (400x400, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=URtQAa3Y-ns
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>unironically concerned about good goy points

It seems to help when purchasing a car or getting a mortgage all memes aside

obviously, but if you're not a brainlet or deadbeat, your credit score will be fine. therefore, the OP is unironically worrying about good goy points, for literally no reason.

It was a dumb circumstance, I had no idea I owed the money to the hospital. It’s like $1000. I can pay it off but it is necessary keeping my scores in mind and if so what’s the best course of action

pay your debts, bro and your score will be fine. it's literally what i just said in my last post

I understand that part. But from a technical standpoint... what’s the best way to pay a collection agency

i don't know, i always pay my bills. with that said, if i were dealing with a collections company i would negotiate it down as much as possible. they bought the debt for less than the total, so why should you pay all their profit.

Over the phone or by letter?

do it over the phone. the people on the phone get paid commission for getting the debt closed. make sure you record the conversation and have them send you a copy of the receipt of the debt being closed when you pay.

How do I record the conversation, should I mention that I will only pay the intended amount if deleted from credit report?

it looks like they don't even report to all of the credit reporting agencies. there's no guarantee that they will report that you paid the entire debt, even if you did. because of that, i would negotiate it and just pay whatever amount you can get them to take. at this point, $1K going to collections isn't going to destroy your credit long term

Thank-you. But once I pay, there’s no way they can reissue or sell the debt so that it would reappear on a report some time down the line?

>there’s no way they can reissue or sell the debt so that it would reappear on a report some time down the line?
that's why you're going to record the call and verify they send you a receipt of the paid debt, right?

Indeed. Now what exactly does ‘closed account’ mean on a credit report? That’s what it is showing as. Does this effect it being able to be paid?

is that showing next to the debt collection agency or the doctor's office?

Can’t really verify. By Experian (pic related) I would presume the debt collector... please advise.

Attached: 471D56BB-EE1C-44CD-A6D9-DC7CA990246B.jpg (1125x487, 95K)

there should be an account number on the report (you do not have to post it) and it should be either for the doctor's office or the collections agency. if it is the doctor's office, it is just saying that the account is closed (meaning a debt collections company bought the debt).

if it is next to the collections agency's name, then i'm not sure. you would need to call them and ask

after looking at the pic more, i think my first statement is correct and that the account is closed, meaning a debt collections company bought the debt. this will not prevent you from paying it; it is just showing future lenders that you did not pay back the debt before it went to collections. pay it off and verify as much as you can while doing so and you will be fine.

The account number as well as the debt collector is listed above the information in the uncropped original pic. From what you described, while noting that the agency is listed directly with the acc # with ‘closed’ indication directly beside it I think it’s the latter of what you said. Wonder what this means...

hmm. call the collections company and ask them for a status on the account number and see what they say. don't forget to record the call and to tell them that you are recording the call.

Just curious, why should I tell them I’m recording the call?

so, they'll know you're not a retard and they'll be straight up with you

LOL.

Your point makes sense. But from what I’ve heard you should ‘ass-kiss’ collection agencies. Maybe it’s better to play the role of the no nonsense guy though.

dude, you don't owe them shit. the only leverage they have on you is your credit score. that's it. they need you more than you need them. also, they are used to dealing with complete brainlets all day, so if you set yourself apart, they'll most likely deal with you more, just because you're not retarded.

you gotta flip that shit on 'em. their "scripts" are based on being in the power position ALL the time; when you flip it on them, they are off their game and you have the advantage.
youtube.com/watch?v=URtQAa3Y-ns

Thank-you for your responses. I’ll give them a call sometime this week and see what I can do. What method do you recommend for recording phone calls?

checked. you're welcome, bro. i have no idea as i've never had to record one

What do you do for a living biznon?

retired from the bullrun last year.

you?

Automotive service manager

>I currently have a medical collection

what is that?

Attached: 1481295634206.jpg (935x900, 440K)

checked. nice, good luck to you user.

user please go to Reddit personal finance and search around for this stuff. If it's a collection you can settle for less money, also can negotiate the pay they will charge it off on your credit score. Please go to Reddit... It can be very useful if used correctly.

You too chief

Way* it's charged off. As in the mark thats left behind on your history

I tried scouring reddit. Too many mixed routes to gain a clear direction on there.

You collect information and decide the best route...

having $1K going to collections isn't going to destroy his credit history. also, just because they tell you it's charged off doesn't mean it actually is. i've seen it lots of times.

As much as people here meme about credit score it is nothing but a positive attribute. It doesn't hurt to save money or have a better credit score. This user won't put in the time though, I should have realized that.

Paying it off now will not impove your credit score... your score is fucked either way and will not improve for months. The reason you should pay is because interest keeps accumulating and eventually (((they))) will get pissed and take you to court.

What are you talking about ‘won’t put in the time’? Prior biznon was correct in his assertion that I am counting my points like a good little ‘stein’. I take my bills very seriously and the unpaid medical bill was a very very dumb occurrence that I’d hate to say, wasn’t my fault.

It’s not ‘fucked’ it’s just tainted. And collections don’t accumulate interest.

he's recommending plebbit. he's either retarded or trolling

I only say that because your blindly following the first user who gives decent advice and don't know things that you would figure out with an hours worth of actual research.

>the first user who gives decent advice
thanks bro

send a certified letter disputing the debt. put the burden of proof of the collector. look up fdcpa. fuck these scum bags.

Good on you for trying to help him out.

i like helping people when i can, especially on Jow Forums. there are too many retards on here being disingenuous.

I feel like fucking guidance counselor. I think they need us and it keeps me from quitting.

kek'd and checked