Has anyone tried flipping stuff before?

Has anyone tried flipping stuff before?

I was thinking of hitting garage sales and thrift stores, buying stuff for cheap, then selling them on websites like Ebay

What are the best items to resell?

Attached: flipping.jpg (1024x768, 241K)

just did this for the first time. i went dumpster diving when transworld magazine was moving buildings. just sold 3 magazines for 60$!

buy old furniture or housewares and resell with "mid century" added to the name in the ad for at least double what you paid

Oh ur on that Gary vee shit

Have fun getting stuck with a house full of shit furniture that no one will buy.

I used to flip stuff from Aliexpress, but the profits were too small to be worthwhile.

I think it depends on what you sell.
Did you sell inexpensive electronics like headphones and stuff or did you sell more expensive things?

If you know what you’re buying and find actual mid century gems you can flip easily. I bought a nice desk for $150 sold for $1200. Bought a dresser for $100 sold for $600. Nice vintage designer stuff, will last forever if you take care of it.

In general though the internet made reselling a meme, most people know what they can get for something. Only big items which have high shipping costs wind up going for cheap because people just need to get rid of shit.

>buy MTG booster pack for 4.25
>find $10-20 card
>instant x5 profit

Would you say it's worth selling cheap items that you casually find in a garage sale or a thrift store?

>he actually goes rubbing elbows with the public digging through suburban garages for the chance to lose a small profit plus initial after getting chargebacked by pajeet on ebay
it all sounds so absurdly and unimaginably tiresome in an age when you can just click buttons in your underwear on your computer to buy low and sell high and make way way more if you're good

Fuck no. Even if you conisistenly get good deals, the time you spend driving to find them. sorting through shit, packaging, photographing, and listing pushes your hourly rate wayyyyy the fuck down. I did this for a summer (bought only blackberries off craigslist and sold them for $100 more on ebay) and I would have been much better off just getting a job.

that was only semi serious, I just see dumb fucks selling garbage as "mid century" all the time. like that other user said it is very possible to make money if you know enough about mid century wares and have decent sources. Some guy in my city is known for starting out with minimal cash and now has 2 successful shops and a stock pile of mid century stuff.

My friend's brother tried doing this and he ended up turning into a hoarder. Tread lightly.

Flipped tires at the gym a few times, would do it again.

Here's the only way to do it
>get a storage unit
>get a truck (as in buy a truck)
>look on craigslist and similiar sites for people who are giving away bulky exercise equipment for free or almost free
>take it (using your truck to transport it) and put it into your storage space
>resell equipment at your convenience

Attached: new game43.jpg (725x1024, 110K)

A lot of inexpensive electronics. I wasn't expecting serious money from it. The only edge I got over other sellers was that I was closer to some buyers and my shipping cost was lower. It was such a pain to print the labels, put the labels on the package, package the product, and go to the post office several times a week to drop the packages. I realized that in order for it be worthwhile, I need to scale up and diversify into more products, but it was too risky.

garage sales are good. stay out of thrift stores, they all mark their shit up way too much.

stuff to look out for

-books: there is an app you can get on your phone that will scan isbn's and tell you retail value of a book. really nice condition books fetch good money.

-jewelry: even if you just melt it down to ingots to sell for spot price, learn to identify different grades of gold jewelry and price accordingly

-pinterest tier shit: stuff thats cute or "vintage". make sure its in good condition, no broken shit.

-FUCKIN' TOOLS

-musical instruments

This is an idea, or basically cherry picking as much as you can for units, estate sales etc. Offer them a mild lowball offer for "everything" since it's kind of a service to them already to clean up for them. Trash the shit flip the rest

when i was buying storage units, the cheap shit was the best seller. you just got to know where to go to sell. i went to a swapmeet that was held in an old drive in movie theater. i'd sell baby clothes in 1 gal ziploc bags for $2 a piece. adult clothes in paper grocery bags $5 a bag.lol, i'd sell gallon bags of mcdonalds kids toys for $3 a bag and they'd go like hot cakes. little mexican kids loved them.

i'd trash any furniture that wasn't solid wood. lamps and shit are too bulky. its a profitable side hustle if you have an eye for good stuff and have storage space. i made about $1000 per weekend as long as i could keep inventory up. if pickings got slim i just stopped for a while. i know i made enough to have to pay taxes on that shit lol.

mugs and waffle irons.

Learn to clean a carburetor.
Instant used bike dealership.

Attached: Kennedy with anime.jpg (1268x1410, 222K)

Might as well put your money into slot machines.