So me and my friend won the lotto

My friend just won 180 million in the lotto, after tax. I live in Illinois, I'm 18 fresh out of highschool. He's giving me 10 million what do I do? I want to make more money. I want to see how much I can make, maybe turn this 10 million into a billion?

Attached: car2.jpg (798x766, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smartasset.com/mortgage/price-to-rent-ratio-in-us-cities
reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb38xf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Give me some monie

Nice LARP

I wish I could say I was

well, first thing you'll need to do is pay ~$2M in federal gift taxes.

Then fucking fund my proyects.

I need 10k to build a trading robot, i have a solid strat but i need an algo. (And you will make money passive)

stop LARPING and go to work user, people need some McMuffin for breakfast.

Attached: 99 - EsXEMvL.jpg (500x400, 55K)

I'm not larping I swear idk a lick about finance. I have a college bank account attached to my parent's account. I honestly fear they'll try to take my money.

>maybe turn this 10 million into a billion?
what's your timeline on this? Making 10% a year in equities gives you 100x in about 48 years, so you'd be a 66 year old billionaire. Not too shabby.

hmmm yes i understand... what?

fuck that I don't wanna be an old billionaire. I could probably convince my friend to give me some more money. or tell him to invest it. He's a hippy so he wants to spend it all or something to help humanity or whatever. Noble cause but he could help humanity with allot more..

market buy 30m link

what is market buying and what is a link?

Buy a modest house in a good area and then put the rest in the bank and live off the interest. You will be set for life. Also don't tell people how much money you have especially family.

An algorithm that trades btcusd, im been trading on it for two years now, i know for a fact that this strat can be converted into a program so i dont need to trade, and i could make a pool and let it trade other ppls accounts... But i need a really good dev to help me do it

So yeah, im a begar, but you will, meaby, make some money in the end.

Aka shady anonimous btc fund transfer (i can email you all the details, been preparing this a month already)

two words: Skycoin

How would i avoid gift tax?

How the fuck can you be taxed for giving someone money. What the shit is this. We really are just fucking slaves.

no, the person giving the money pays the taxes (not the recipient)

uhh sure.. do you have a discord? somewhere where we can VC and you can explain it to me in detail?

get a new account at the same bank TODAY and transfer the $$$

Ikr wtf is this bullshit.

By donation meaby, i dont know usa law.

You could do crypto too, but having that amount of money on volatile assets its retarded.

Can't I avoid it by having him loan me the money? I just don't want him knocking on my door when his career as an indie artist fails.

If the donor does not pay the tax, the IRS may collect it from you.

It is one word. just one. ciao ciao

slow down son, throwing money around like this is how you end up with nothing. do not ask for this kond of advice on this board. look up windfall on google - hate to say it but look at reddit finance for windfall. if you try to make a billion you could fuck yourself

oh god oh fuck not my 2 million

If this is not LARP, OP is gonna lose that money in one year max. What a retarded kid lmao

must have been a bitch to park all these cars

Random image i found. needed an eye catcher.
worst case scenario i get my 10 million and just sit on it. I'm not a retard.

Download app called robinhood and apply for options trading. This is amazing way to make insane amounts of money. Dont invest small sums though, go big. You will be able to easily outdo your friend with his 170 mil if you play your cards right.

Also kys shit larp.

he is legally responsible for paying the gift taxes, not you as far as i know. look at the tax forms for gift tax on IRS - it is clear who pays. again, best to not take advice on this board of hucksters. leddit finance - what to do when you get a windfall. be slow and careful. i'd get a new acct or two. FDIC insurance is 200k or so last I checked, if your bank goes under that is all you'd get so multiple banks might be a good idea

discord.gg
/Hpqwve

>worst case scenario i get my 10 million and just sit on it. I'm not a retard.
see that's where you're already wrong, worst case scenario is blowing 10 million trying to get even richer.

>I'm not a retard
>proceed to post pic of luxury cars

Congrats OP, you made it (unlike 99% of this board).

Just bless me with 3k to have luck in life, that's all I ask to be a happy man. (I have 3k left in debt to pay and I'm still struggling PepeHands)

please explain to me why trying to get richer is a bad idea?

why does it matter, you're larping anyway. the biggest lottery win in Illinois this past year was 4.25MM, the rest were much smaller.

Attached: 1544241002580.jpg (429x421, 39K)

its not.

Had you thought about properties?
smartasset.com/mortgage/price-to-rent-ratio-in-us-cities a fucktone of empires was built on land.

don't you think everyone with10 mil cash in the bank would like to turn it into 1 bil?

1k paypal on [email protected] or you're just another fraud

>How would i avoid gift tax?

renounce US citizenship

>strat makes money for 2 years
>can't scrounge up 10k to build a bot
pathetic

No. Ik allot of people would be content with 10 million in a fund or something
idk what that is but I'll look into it
wake up christmas morning. you'll see me on the news flexing with my best friend.

I'll do it motherfucker. Ik some countries grant citizenship for investing money. I'll renounce my citizenship and then re gain it by investing in the US again. BOOM. Uganda here I come

If you're not a materialistic idiot you could live as NEET for the rest of your life

>I’m not a retard
-Comes to Jow Forums for advice on a windfall he hasn’t recieved
-Is looking to 100x his windfall
-18 year old highschool student
-“you’ll see me flexing with my friend”
Yeah, you are a retard. On the off-chance you aren’t larping (you are), enjoy being stiffed by your friend.

dude... why would your friend give you 10mil and you are conviced you can make out of them, your best bet will be a fucking high roi fund 10-20% yearly, you cant make more if youre a brainlet...

>you'll see me on the news flexing with my best friend.
it's gonna be really funny when you when you realize money can't buy respect or love and soon become unable to trust anyone in your life because the only reason they hang out with you is for your money. i can tell you're the kind of guy who has to "flex" and can't keep his trap shut because validation is more important than being smart with your money.

Attached: 1517178167815.jpg (1053x1070, 700K)

I'm confident i can learn, adapt and overcome. I won't settle for comfort it's, I'll play the game to win it for the sake of amor fati.

Attached: Unknown.jpg (261x193, 11K)

Uganda? Come to belgium OP, no capital gains tax and a very stable house market

what ever, are you willing to give me what i need or what?

hey OP would be happy to give you some financial guidance. I previously worked as a financial advisor before getting into crypto.

if you want to chat over discord would be happy to

nice moral high ground you're taking. bet it feels nice and comfy, you can sit on your salty ass up there.

Show me the money or elsw you probably larp faggot

Xarathustra #9482

I also live in Illinois. First thing to do, move the fuck out of Illinois. The longer you stay the more money they’ll slowly siphon from you both. Also if not larp, congrats. Don’t be an idiot and you’re set for life. Don’t knock anyone up, at least not for 10 years.

I'll deliver. watch the news.

not really salty since i've already made it with the help of crypto and only took me a few years of actual work, but thanks this was entertaining.

Ik that's what this old guy told me too. how do we relocate once we cash in this ticket so they don't steal from us? Which state would be the best?

Initial 10,000,000
ATH 19,000,000,000
Current 500,000,000
Cashed out 8,000,000,000
>No larp

You should have thought of that before you were born in a society run by Jews.

shut your asthmatics you nay saying pheasant

friend request m8.

got it

I love how this faggot didn't understand the only good advice in the thread.

Because it is pointless, you already have all you need

Hey goy I just figured out how to mine asteroid rock with GPU. Link in the description

Buy a 9 million dollar boat, then sell it for 6 million.

That was a mistake, you need to stay low-key or you will fuck up your life.

1. Read this (fuck reddit, but this guide is pretty good) reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/24vo34/whats_the_happiest_5word_sentence_you_could_hear/chb38xf/

2. When you get the money, get the fuck out of the country, go on a vecation with your buddy for like 1-2 months. Turn off your phone & let the attention blow over.

3. Keep your friend no matter what, he may be the last real friend you make

You should buy gold and silver bullion and watch your money 1,000x in a few years.

Try to live on 50-100K per year. Put the rest into municipal bonds. That should give you about 2-5% per year. That's well over 100K per year in profit. Reinvest some of it into munis, the rest you can live on.

If you get married, there's a good chance she'll take all your savings / munis and you'll get rekt. Choose wisely, user.

That of course requires you to come clean to the IRS. Hire a tax accountant. It shouldn't cost more than $1000 to get a good one to do your taxes for you. Even you go down to 8 mil after tax, you're still looking at good returns from munis.

6% btc and 4% eth when btc hits $1200 and eth $15. 60% Index fund and 30% bonds once the boomer market has capitulated. Live off the interest, buy properties to let with it and never get married.

Come up with a fake job you can tell people you do that they can't check up on. Like you trade forex from home. You earn decent money from it, but nothing crazy.

This is a larp anyway, but its what I would do regardless.

Don't go to reddit ffs. They'll say "buy vanguard user" or suggest you throw it all into property right before a crash. Instead, lurk moar (but don't ask for advice like this) occasionally there's a useful thread on investment. Read a lot about how the markets work, watch YouTube vids. Design a portfolio. Aim for 10% pa return. Don't use all of it, try to let at least a little continue to accumulate. Good luck OP, and don't be a retard that loses it all up his nose and needs to go back to wagecucking.

jesus christ, how fucking retarded do you have to be to fall for this shit? holy fuck, you deserve to go broke. I really hope that this is larp.

>hated the nazis for killing jews.
>wtf fuck why are we slaves to the bank and have to pay taxes for our taxes
Lol.

I also ended up with alotta money when I was around your age OP.

Look for an accountant (NOW) that deals with high net-worth/ultra high net-worth indiviguals and ask them what your options are to reduce the taxes you and your friend will have to deal with as much as possible. You'll probably end up setting up trusts or some shit.

If you don't have a bank account setup you'll need to do that obviously, and a regular bank account wont do. You'll need something like a JP. Morgan account. Infact, that might be a good place to start, that would give u a contact to ask questions to. Yeah, book an appointment for opening up a JP. Morgan account for you and your friend. (This is different from a Chase bank, incase you didn't already know).

Don't make any large purchases/investments for the first year. Even if you think you know what your doing. You don't. Trust me.

For the love of christ don't get a bitch knocked up.

Never ever spend much money on a bitch. ('Much money' is relative but we're talking no more than like $1k in gifts a year).

You and your friend should probably find somewhere to stay for a month or two in another state until most of the harrasment from randoms dies down.

And congradulations. Your about to find out that the people in your life (even the ones closest to you) never gave a shit about you. Don't be most mad at the people that have the balls to directly ask you for money. Be mad at the people who say 'I don't want your money' and then give you a sob story some time later about some hardship of theirs or someone they know (which could be solved/helped with money).

You'll never make another true friend in your entire life. That is, assuming your not poor before your life is over.
Keep that lottory winner friend of yours close OP. Because now he's all you've got.

user, do not listen to any of the idiots on here.

All you need is 21 bitcoin to make it, so get that (might as well get all forks of bitcoin btc bch bsv as one of them will be right).

Youll have to pay some to tax, so set this aside next.
Spend remaining 40% on a nice home for family (in your name) and pay the parents mortgage and any debt off.

Get the rest in savings keep as cash for now across several accounts in high interest. Once the markets truly collapse slowly start investing.

Hopefully you have a million bucks left which is yours to waste.

Wow post above mine was way better listen to that.

You and your friend can opt for anonymous taking of the winnings

I'll tell you what, literally all you need to do is buy a few cars and a house and remain single until late 20s. I'll take payment for my obviously superior advice in the form of a Nissan Silvia S15. Thanks.

open up a stake node on any proof of stake coin

the only correct answer.

If he was a real friend he wouldn’t give you a dime. Not many will understand what they just read.

give your parents some of the gains you ungrateful swine

>How would i avoid gift tax?

He can give you 10mill in cash.

Taxes.
Zero out your debts (if there are any).
Pay off your rents house (if it’s less than 500k).
Put money away for your college.
Put the rest of your money in safe interest producing saving account or laddered CDs until the market volitility and/or global recession ends.
Use the interest on your nest egg as 80/20 split. 80% for your income. 20% in charitable giving since you were gifted this money, Give some back.
Never. I mean never touch the principle. If after all the above you still have $5m and are getting 2% welcome to “making it”.

Was going to post exactly this. Not sure if you have any financial sense, but Illinois is possibly one of the worst states to live in. The corrupt ass government will rape you for everything they can get their hands on and it’s only getting worse. Get the fuck out immediately.
Hire an attorney and financial advisor. Meet with a bunch of them and get all of their advice before you hire anyone. Relocating depends on what you want to do with your life. Do you want to start a business? Sit on a beach all day drinking Mai Thais? Build a house in the middle of nowhere and live off the land? This country has a lot of great states that won’t bleed you dry like Illinois, it just depends what is right for you. A state without income tax like Tennessee or Florida would be nice, as would something out west like Colorado/Utah/Wyoming. That’s probably where I would go personally but that’s just me. And wherever you do go don’t be a fucking douche. A lot of these states are bad enough being filled with transplants escaping cucked states. Don’t go somewhere new and cuck it like the place you came from

Listen to this guy. Get out of Illinois. It’s a dumpster fire.

You don’t have to know what you want to do. It’s not critical. The key is to protect the money. Earn some interest. Go to college and figure out what you want slowly. If you pick something now (like sipping mai Thais) that may require you to spend money and turn out to be something you don’t enjoy.

Use the next ten years to travel, get a college degree that’s employable (engineer, etc) just in case you shit away the money and don’t listen to us.

Use the interest and for the love of god do not touch the fucking principle. Putting that money in the market risks the principle for the next 2-3 years. Just be safe, don’t broadcast your wealth, and sure as fuck don’t tell women anything until she’s done walking down the isle.

To any prospective dating partner l, You’re a goddamn contractor working on embedded systems out of your $200 a month rental office. You’re not some guy with $7m in the bank.

if the algo works so well why do you need 10k?
lmao at these scammers
pajeet

don't listen to anyone on Jow Forums. 6 months ago they'd have told to put everything in ETH and XMR. Both are down 90%.

Put 35% in a money market immediately, and another 35% in index funds (I would stagger this over the next few months since we're in a volatile period currently).

Use 20% to buy gold, crypto, individual stocks, and other ventures people will inevitably start knocking on your door to invest in.

Keep the last 10% liquid to pay rent, buy yourself a decent car, and go on vacation. Don't buy a house yet... you don't know shit about neighborhoods and will end up buying a lousy condo in the west loop and immediately regret it. Take 3-5 years to move around and check out different neighborhoods/cities.

Oh, and don't buy a lambo. The joy will wear off after ~3 months, and you'll be stuck with an expensive liability. Can't park it on the street ever, can't roadtrip it, can't risk any damage. Get a nice car you don't give a shit about and have fun.

put 2M in s&p 500 index funds and live off of the interest. buy 1M worth of gold for when the economy collapses. give the rest to family.

Give me 1 btc bro