Poor kid here

I can only invest ~100 every couple of weeks.

Better to be buying eth, or btc?

Provide sources for arguments.

Attached: 4F42481E-7681-4291-B897-19E4D8EEB291.jpg (650x560, 120K)

Buy bitcoin. BTC is dead and will never reach ath again. Same with eth

Are you looking to go balls out 10x or a modest, stable investment?

Bitcoin is digital gold in the eyes of a growing subset of the population. To some extent this group already operates on a Bitcoin Standard: investments are evaluated on their ability to yield a return in Bitcoin.

I’m looking to make a couple bucks, obviously I know I won’t be able to “make it” with what I have available.

the only thing you should be buying right now is gold and silver

Attached: 1542469567073.jpg (500x706, 118K)

I'm you but a few months back now. I have a 5k stack of link. Seems I went a bit riskier than you will. I'd like to buy ETH as well but it's easier to go balls deep with this little capital.

>provide sources for arguments
Invest in some hands so that you can feed yourself

How much do you have right now?
If nothing, start with BTC. Next 100 you split 50% BTC, 50% ETH. You do that for a couple of weeks. After that, start exploring highcap altcoins (top100) and invest a small amount in them. Again after a few weeks, look for 1-3 lowcap moonbag gambles and invest a small amount in them.
Your ideal portfolio would look somewhat like this
35% BTC
15% ETH
30% HighCap Alts
20% LowCap Alts

Always make research before you buy ANY altcoin, it needs to survive this bearmarket.

How did you do it?
I’ve currently got a measly 600 link

Solid advice my man. I’m new to all this and know I’m late to the party, but I have faith that crypto is going to be an important part of the future.

The ideal crypto portfolio is the same whether you're investing $100 or $1000000.

70% BTC
10% ETH
10% XMR
10% LINK

Maybe carve out another 5% from BTC for other alts if you're feeling extra degenerate. I personally don't think many other alts or ERC20s even have a credible tokenomics model that would cause their value to grow organically with use. A few, but not many.

Not a good portfolio by any means of the word, but I’m here with $100 total

I also have 1eth and 750 xrp

Attached: 1C6AAB0A-03BF-41E9-ACD2-56930264FDA1.png (1125x2001, 350K)

You can be glad that you want to invest now instead of 11 months ago where you would have bought the exact top.
Right now is actually the perfect time to start scaling in. Just make sure to stick with your plan and don't lose faith, crypto can be brutal.
Also, don't forget to take profits in a bullrun on the way up, DON'T try to sell the exact top - you WILL lose everything

Short BTC = you win

too much BTC

Attached: justoshi.png (719x586, 824K)

I’m gonna ask a very ignorant question and if I get laughed off the board, so be it.

I see people talking about shorting. Is that just buying in a low point, and selling when it pumps up a few bucks?

When you are shorting you are basically betting that the price of BTC dumps.
Imagine it like this: You borrow 1 BTC from the exchange. You will have to give this 1 BTC back to the exchange, sooner or later.
If the price of BTC falls, you can buy that 1 BTC cheaper to give it back to the exchange.
The difference between the price that you borrowed it at and the price that you bought it is your profit.

Example:
Lend 1 BTC from Exchange, price is at 3500 USD.
Price of BTC dumps to 3000 USD.
You owe the Exchange 1 BTC, which you can buy with 3000 USD.
You made 500 USD profit.

Actually, in the last step you would buy BTC worth of 3500 USD, but since 1 BTC only costs 3000 USD, you would get around 1.16 BTC. But since you only owe the exchange 1 BTC, you can keep the 0.16 BTC as profit.

>using a pic of a black rapist
Jow Forums go and stay go

Okay got it, that makes some sense.

I put in more fiat. An acceptable amount that I would spend on other crap and won't cry if I lose. Its usually around $200-300 a month.

Gotcha, for now it’s ~$100 every other week for me. Starting now, I know the bottom is in, or close to, but it’s unfortunately all I can do.

BTC is risky because its fucking useless and has no credible plan to usefulness.
go mix of ETH and LINK.

DYOR

Attached: 1523811772714.jpg (500x500, 45K)

youre gonna lose all your money. probably the worst advise ive ever read on biz is in this thread.

the party is fucking over. the engine started misfiring 11 months ago and has been a dragged out dead cat bounce since. the hype, mainstream media, new money, etc. its all fucking gone. no one talks about it anymore, 99/100 people in real life dont know what it is. its been around for like 8 years and still no one uses it. its all completely fucking worthless.

Fuck off.