Is networking a meme?

I've "networked" and exchanged CVs with over a 100 people I've at careers fairs at campus and not one has gotten me a job so far.

Attached: pepe-asks-a-though-provoking-question.jpg (250x243, 15K)

"Networking" is code for nepotism. Just get your jewish uncle to give you a job at his bank, bro.

You have to actually be friends with them. Just meeting them once at an event is probably not going to help you, because they are going to meet a lot of people and probably forget all about you if you don't build a relationship.

I networked with a lot of Boomers, Gen X's, Millennials that all said they could give my resume to someone and they could get me a job, and they were all full of shit. Some of these people were very wealthy and well into their careers and thought they could snap their fingers and get me a job, and I feel like even they were surprised at how tough the job market is these days. I give up on networking. Gonna apply to some shit tier office jobs I guess in the hopes I can get a 30k a year salary.

Attached: 1543429673929.png (720x513, 504K)

>"Networking" is code for nepotism
>You have to actually be friends with them
>I networked with a lot of Boomers, Gen X's, Millennials that all said they could give my resume to someone and they could get me a job, and they were all full of shit.

What the fuck. Just realized my friend works at Fortune 500 company and he owes me a favor. Can't believe I never thought about that. Thanks Jow Forums!

Trust me. Your friend doesn't have that kind of pull. He was probably talking up his job just to make you jealous.

Networking is only effective when you have skills to offer. Giving a job to someone out of college is basically doing them a favor. After you’ve built your skills up for a few years you become more of a journeyman and networking actually can matter

jobs are for suckers
start a business, leech off the system, or leech off parents

Very important but 99% of your connections will go nowhere. It's that one that does that makes all the difference.

You're probably just not likeable I'm the same people really fucking hate me

Attached: 1544168437640.jpg (1420x946, 131K)

its about the only biz advice that isnt a meme.
you can be a brainlet with no talent or potential at all and make it with the right friends

Networking isn't exchanging a CV or giving an elevator pitch.
Networking is playing golf or getting a drink.

Hate networking for fucking how dishonest it is

Just admit that you're all there to try and get a job. Don't waste time with all the shit small talk and motions

>Don't waste time with all the shit small talk and motions
If we didn't have HR to screen potential candidates with behavioral questions to make sure they're a good fit how would society even function? It's not like managers are intelligent enough to tell who they want working for them themselves.
>my f500 company just posted a new campus recruiter job
>the entire job is just emailing colleges and going on recruiting trips
>probably pays ~55k/yr
Why the fuck do jobs like this exist? Do companies just enjoy pissing away money on worthless women who'll do all they can to hire other diversity applicants who don't know shit?

>the entire job is just emailing colleges and going on recruiting trips

nigga, don't front. 99% of most office jobs are doing 1 (one) hour of real work a day and browsing the internet/fucking off the rest of the time.

It is when you're an autist with no skills. And I mean that as first hand advice, not an insult.

>jobs are for suckers
>start a business, leech off the system, or leech off parents
I unironically believe this and I'm 29

Yes HR needs to be glassed. Never met one I didn't think was a candidate for the Dunning-Kruger award. If they just admitted they were worthless things would be a lot easier.

Networking is to ID and fuck thots on company time you idiot.

I'm a programmer with some niche skills and know worked with a lot of people who have gone on to other companies. Whenever my job kinda slows down there are multiple other companies I know people at who would hire me without an interview or very easy one, which is nice. The only job I ever seriously interviewed for was the first job out of college. I've jumped companies to get promoted twice without having to interview. But you don't have to network, its just more annoying to go through the screening interview bullshit for weeks and study the retarded shit they ask you, at least in my profession.

>works at Fortune 500 company
>McDonald's is a Fortune 500 company

No shit. If one of them goes somewhere then the rest will not matter. "It's always the last place you look."

no you retard. your shitty resume and degree is a meme. networking is the real deal.

Working for a mcdonald's franchise is not working for mcdonalds you fucking mongoloid.

lol

>networking at a campus career fair
That's not networking, that's just a career fair. In general though networking is worthless unless you actually bring something to the table, so if you're still in college and looking for a job the main thing that will help is nepotism and connections based on friends or family, not networking. Networking only really works once you have a career, or if you were a particularly brilliant student with a lot of awards and whatnot.

29 years old boomer here as well.
If my business plan fails i will just neet it out on minimum internet bucks, no way am joining the rat race for mr shekelberg's second yacht.

This happened to me recently. Was desperate to get out of my job and this guy worth probably 10 million or so emails one of the companies he has a stake in for an introduction. Low and behold the guy never responded to his email. Months of follow ups and not one response. I wanted to smack the both of them

Questions I want to see your job situation:
1. Degree
2. How many years of work experience
3. Do you have job right now and if so what kind, no need to be specific

As for me
Business degree
About 3 years experience
Current job: Office job that literally pays about 30k a year

Questions I want to see your job situation:
1. Degree
2. How many years of work experience
3. Do you have job right now and if so what kind, no need to be specific

As for me
Business degree
About 3 years experience
Current job: Horrible office job that currently pays about 27k a year

Had a job application with a place that literally kept having problems throughout the job hiring process. Delays before even getting selected for an interview, delays for the interview, delays after the interview on whether someone got the job. How do I know? They apologized or rather the person doing the emails was apologizing. I followed up too see if a selection had yet been made. Sure enough I get an email after that saying I wasn't selected. Wtf I finally get a response not to the specific email I sent them but a separate email they sent as if they sent it to all the candidates rejecting me. All those delays and they only seemed to have informed me I was rejected because I asked.

Networking is what highly uncharismatic people have to do because they're so unlikable they need to turn themselves into a mass marketted product to try and find 1 retard who likes them.

Compare and contrast to highly valuable products that don't advertise whatsoever and are in high demand.

Attached: 1516864919260.png (1080x1569, 794K)

Usually it's an internal hire too

damn I thought my job was extra cushy

Attached: 1526715556764.png (320x256, 45K)

Get a LinkedIn and SEO the fuck out of it OP. Make sure to include qualifications and the like and mention buzzwords in whatever industry you’re hoping to get into as much as possible. If you don’t have qualifications, get some. There’s a lot to be found for free online from places like Codecademy or Hubspot.

Once your profile is built out, open it up to recruiters that you’re looking and wait. Eventually someone will be looking for the X Y and Z and your profile and drop you a message.

give me a rundown on how to do this?
what i dont know is the SEO part

>it is dishonest to build human relationships
>t. 4channel

My office job is nothing like that. I even snuck out early since they've screwed me over a few times (no break and unpaid overtime for ridiculous reasons). Literally stressed and thought about it for so long afterwards that it was probably not worth it.

t. NPC