ChainLinky Developers

Is there anyone here that holds ChainLink tokens that develops blockchain applications? Or that is more generally involved in software development?

Attached: F8C9BF9C-B5FE-499B-ABE1-0F786F1569C8.png (750x1334, 573K)

Yes, any software developer that had an interest in smart contracts is holding it

Yeah but if you think "is a software developer" means "makes good software related investments" ur a brainlet

I thought I was the only one seeing this subtle chainlink shill.

It seems like over engineering

Not trying to shill. Want to talk to developers. It’s not something I’d ever use. Curious to see what applications developers here plan on using it for or if it is all brainlets hoping to get rich quick.

You’re literally not going to find anyone here who knows much about the project. There aren’t many smart people on this site. Lots of lazy, useless faggots.

I don’t understand why I’d pay for a ChainLink oracle to “decentralize” information that is inherently centrally sourced (as is the case with most heavily used APIs). What benefits does this provide to my application? Seems like an extra layer where issues could arise and an unnecessary added expense. Is this just a money grab project?

Of course it is dude...

Nope, but as a hobby I like to get high and develop smart contract products.

Take an IoT refrigerator. Google Nest can already do something like tell you if your food's spoiled and that you need to replace it. Why not have food insurance? In areas with high storm occurrence, in exchange for a low monthly fee we'll repurchase everything in your fridge and deliver it to you.

I've done ones for dogwalking companies, small-scale robotics manufacturers, (what I think is) a clever way to overhaul the highway toll system, and even one for parents to monitor their kids' household chores.

I do this when I'm staring at the ceiling, about to fall asleep. Once entrepreneurs more serious than me figure out what smart contracts are and what they can do, the world will change in a very real and very material way at a pace on par with the switch from animal power to locomotives.

And chainlink is behind it all.

>letting the CIA near your edibles, ever

Attached: 5145435432523.jpg (1422x832, 91K)

Checked and like your thinking but am curious, you smoke a great deal of weed?

I'm a developer and all in on link. Plan to run nodes and write some external adapters. Have started writing some adapters to get an idea of how to do it.
This is true, I do not know a single developer, besides myself, that has bought into any crypto and I know a lot of developers. They are simply stuck in their ways ans so was I until early 2017 because my brother bought ethereum, so I finally had an actual reason to look into it (for his sake). Also they have zero clues about anything economy or politics related. Most developers are brainlets and so was I until my brother forced my hand. We are autists and like thing the way they are.

Nah. I'll nibble an edible every now and again (shouts ), but I can't stand going outside or trying doing anything useful when I'm high. Sometimes even TV is too much -- everything seems super contrived and obvious, too easy to predict. Throws me down some dark holes and then I have to go stare at the ceiling and think up businesses I'll never start until I feel better.
Too much of a time waste, in short.

Will you sell your adapters also how much link

checked, based, and fucking linkpilled

Attached: goodthebadandthesergey.png (1280x1024, 1.97M)

Yep. Dev here, with a ton of ideas only doable with a real oracle.

Although my work consist of mostly open source software I'll be keeping my adapters for myself, at least to begin with, I'm not a particularly productive specimen so I'll need whatever edge I can get.
About 28k link, I feel it should be enough to get me started with the nodes and we'll see where that road leads, passive income or if lucky do it like the early miners and start a business from it.

I feel this. My indolence is invincible.

Yes it is. Link is a scam and is only held by brainless

You think anyone here who holds link is smart enuff for this shit? Lol

>kids' household chores
if i get off my butt and stop being an ideas guy i would make a neural network that compares clean vs dirty/messy rooms. if it's messy, the app (clean locker) or something would lock your devices.
maybe instead of locking kids can get a shittoken that's good for redemption in the app store every week their room is clean instead.

Heyyyyy very similar to my idea.
Looking forward to seeing you on Ellen or some shit lol.
Get it done user I believe in you

Good threat OP.
Thats exaclty what we need to talk about.
Actually will solidity developers learn to integrate the dimension of apis into smart contracts, which i guess will take time until good ideas will be developed.

Start to think about dapps again lads.

I'm in software development and I'm holding link because I'm hoping to get rich quick and go back to school for anything other than software development. Fucking pajeets

You clearly don't understand what ChainLink does.

It combines multiple centralized sources. That's the value.

Yesterday if you googled when does Avengers 4 come out. Google still say May 4th. That was wrong. If you trusted only Google your smartcontract would have been using incorrect data.

But ChainLink will aggregate all the results. Then the smartcontract will go..hmm..Google's not right. Their the only site saying Avengers comes out in May.

Attached: 6D11B06F-162C-4DEC-B513-F5012B2BED46.jpg (600x2166, 292K)

>use case
>"other blockchains"
holy fuck I love this board and the stinky linky threads. really though are these threads unironic? I can't tell and have been trying to figure it out since the inception.

Attached: feinstein.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

Currently working on an Ethereum dapp that will allow me to create a betting smart contract on the outcome of the Super Bowl. Gonna work on an NFL API chainlink adapter to do it.

Mostly as a fun side project I'm interested in developing. No plans to monetize this.

it's like automatic betting on what is true

Imagine trying this desperately to solve a problem that doesn't exist so you can dump your internet coins onto other people

Attached: face cat3423.jpg (412x350, 49K)

The inherent value of LINK is immensely limited by its outdated payment system that operates on the Ethereum blockchain using the LINK ERC20 token. No reasonable person will want to participate in a network that does late payments and has large fees for its transactions. The cryptokitty game exposed the flaws of the Ethereum network. How can a project that seeks worldwide adoption possibly operate on a network that can't even handle people sending virtual cats to one another for fun? The answer is that it can't. No platform currently exists that can handle what LINK wants to do. It'll forever remain an experimental piece of technology until an infrastructure is developed for it. This may be years in the future, up to even a decade. Its like trying to invest in social media, before the world wide web was even born.

Also "muh LINK is blockchain agnostic" means that it can do CONTRACT payments in a different currency, but node operators will still be getting payed in ERC20 LINK tokens on the Ethereum network.

Attached: chainlink3.jpg (694x800, 75K)

Nah that's augur

perhaps it's solving multiple problems by using the created problem as an excuse to allocate funds to various peoples.

Green ID and digits checked. You sir will be one rich mofo from your smart contracts.

curious, why is Jow Forums not into this?

Jow Forums, /tv/, /v/, and Jow Forums are like 90% underaged b&s at this point.

oh please don't let your poison roll into another board. it already ruined Jow Forums.