I am an oldfag from mtgoy

I am an oldfag from mtgoy.
People often talked about how it can't go below mining cost. That it would mean the death of bitcoin. Much of it was fear mongering. As you can see, we are here. So why aren't we dead? The miners still believe it could go up again, so they mine for speculation. While many investors gave up, the miners have not been mining at a loss as long. They still have optimism, like the investors in the "denial" stage of a bubble. "My money will come back" they think. But if it continues to drop, they will capitulate eventually. They are just not as REKT as the investors at the moment.

Now, when/if the miners truly capitulate, then you will see some serious fucking shit. Beyond miner capitulation lies the absolute end. Everything will crash to fucking pieces with red wojaks for days.
If the miners accept they will not be able to sell high EVER and they are just throwing money away on electricity, it will go to fucking meme levels of rekt. All that will be left are the hobbyists who do it for the tech unironically.
I'm not even going to say long/short at the moment. Maybe it will hold. But I do want to fucking warn you. If it drops below 3000, get the fuck out of everything. Do not fall for sunk cost fallacy and TA. Just get the fuck out with the few dollars you have, because it will be a fucking bloodbath to make 4k a distant dream. You have unironically been fucking warned.

Attached: SeaofRed.jpg (1000x1000, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bitcoin.com/chinese-miners-short-btc-markets-to-hedge-against-falling-prices/
twitter.com/mikerelentless/status/1070816902124064768
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no sir bsv will have stiff green candles
csw will do the needful

Attached: 1-indian-shop-keeper-man-thumbs-up-showing-with-money-rupees-in-stationary-jc03f0.jpg (640x447, 99K)

they are shorting moron

i am pretty sure chinese miner are at break even right now or even at a little profit. this $6k mark was just thrown into crypto and everyone just repeated it....

So what, no new bitcoins will be created. Even more value for bitcoin.

Remember that this man died for your sins.
When you put it into perspective, who really cares about meme money in this cultural marxist post-modern shithole?

Attached: 1544391098184.png (537x778, 366K)

no, they are mining at a loss
news.bitcoin.com/chinese-miners-short-btc-markets-to-hedge-against-falling-prices/

eventually shorting btc for btc wont be worth...will flip, 2750 bottom,

If you are not larping nice thread, but why 3k? Do you have any data to back your claims? The already obliterated "5,8k support based on mining costs" says we could go lower than we expect

this
it can go straight down to 1K

>oldfag
>doesn't understand difficulty adjustment if hash rate dramatically drops off
Bitcoin used to be mined with CPUs dickhead. Yeah I understand that was before and isn't adequate to secure the value of the network currently, but the mining thing is a fucking meme

Attached: 1543614049317.png (259x259, 110K)

PoS is the future. PoW is not sustainable when a retard like fake Satoshi can take down the whole market with fear

What are the odds the coin is going to its gravesite one year after we began seeing real-world applications for it? Unless Mr. Goldstein and all of his friends plan on shorting it into fucking oblivion, then I guess there's not much we can do.

Capitulation is usually happens below the -50% mark for people. It is just an estimate based on it being a round number around 50% of current mining cost. I don't know for sure. It could even be earlier but I suspect 3k to be around breaking point if it goes below and doesn't bounce.

A very ignorant question but one that needs an answer:

Can BTC survive without miners? Are miners necessary to process transactions or does it just create new coins and that's it?

Because if miners are needed and the cost of mining doesn't decrease when the number of miners decreases, miners will be losing money from now on and will most likely stop mining. If things are truly this way, did they really expect the price of BTC to rise endlessly with every halving for no reason at all? Sounds stupid even to say.

Please Jow Forums explain to me that when some miners leave the network the cost of mining also goes down or some other way in which this all made sense all along.

how did you find this place user ?

miners are needed to process transactions.

more miners means it becomes more difficult to mine coins, less miners means it becomes easier to mine coins. This is called the difficulty adjustment and its an inbuilt feature.

>it can't go below mining cost. That it would mean the death of bitcoin.
iff the only real use is buying drugs on the dark web so long as btc are accepted to buy drugs on the darkweb people will buy them, but individual value doesn't matter, only exchange value matters and drug buyers won't give much toss if they lose a few bucks

So as long as 1 person remains mining that person will mine at a veeeeery cheap cost and the network can keep working?

Also, does this mean that with all the miners that stopped mining due to the price fall, mining costs have also been reduced?

Someone mentioned Jow Forums on a chat and I came to take a look a few weeks ago.

Ugh,I just looked at the historic hashrate chart, it's really terrible

Attached: hash.png (1331x507, 21K)

TOO MUCH GOY IN THIS THREAD

big blocks sir
very stiff
bsv is for you sir

Attached: man-wearing-south-indian-dress-india-asia-mr790e-ET143B.jpg (866x1390, 129K)

Lurk moar
Months at least
The lower the hashrate, the higher chance for a 51% attack aka the deathblow for BTC.

Attached: C936AB5C-658B-4DB9-90BD-98993717CA43.gif (642x414, 3.35M)

Why would they mine speculatively?
That's not a realistic business model AT ALL.

They were short selling (not futures, but actual borrowed bitcoin) all the way from the top, and even at 6k.

And they are covering their shorts with newly minted bitcoin.

When bitcoin goes up as high as it did last year, you as a miner have to hedge, NOT speculate.

Unless the difficulty drops lyl

Attached: sponge.png (478x359, 257K)

Based

Attached: 1534566261198.png (858x1208, 955K)

My mouth is watering as is at this dip please baby capitulate further

Beyond those who have yet to capitulate given the state of the current downtrend, there is a significant proportion of the mining population which sees it is an ethical responsibility to maintain the mining pools. I can't say for certain what portion of miners will supposedly mine 'no matter what' but much of that sentiment is combined with a faith that the rewards will offset electricity costs once the market recovers and that now is the time to take advantage of Joe six pack miners shutting down due to the inability to cope.

>there is a significant proportion of the mining population which sees it is an ethical responsibility to maintain the mining pools
Bitcoin users have ethics? Anybody still mining will be doing it because they are delusional and still think they're getting a lambo

some chink miners are starting to throw away their rigs tho
twitter.com/mikerelentless/status/1070816902124064768

as an interesting side note, you should know that a 51% has always been theoretically possible to achieve by certain groups, but they have chosen to relinquish mining power in order to keep their hashrate below 50%, so a majority attack isn't as infeasible as it seems

google some of devotion behind old school miners. I once read a story about a guy coding bible verses into the blockchain, their are zealots out there.

this guy is in every thread fudding BSV like his children are being held hostage. bsv is bitcoin, don't get attached to btc. these things are rocks man, also get a fucking life you clog up every thread with this sub par meme.

Sure, but are they a "significant proportion" (w/r/t hashrate)?

this. "Religious miners" are probably a small percentage compared to "businesses", who hedged by shorting bitcoin at higher prices after last year's insane run.

That's basically equivalent to letting them sell future mined bitcoins at last year's parabolic prices, it's just sound business, no speculation involved.

thank you sir buy bsv sir

Attached: man_laugh_india.jpg (480x721, 48K)

This is some mongeloid tier thinking going on wow. Just kys mate, im dead serious.

I certainly agree that zealots don't represent close to a majority of miners. However, given the political roots of Bitcoin combined with the proclivity for people in this space to look to the future with rose tinted glasses, I'm not convinced that we'll see a mining apocalypse in the near term due to price declines alone. Granted this is just my opinion, but I feel as though a concentrated sign of government/societal rejection of Bitcoin would have to occur to cause such widespread capitulation of miners. Something along the lines of an international ban on cryptocurrencies, SEC rejection of Bakkt, or an organic online anti-crypto consensus across social media.

Well, my coin ditched the broken concept of mining. Let BTC burn. Those that understood its flaws and adapted will carry on its legacy and reign in its place. BTC will never be forgotten tho

>Red Letter
>Red Pic
>Red ID
I don't know about you guys, but this struck a deep fear within me. Something is going to happen to crypto and BTC. I think everybody holding bags deep down think they're going to outsmart one another but they're the ones that's going to get swallowed up.

Attached: 1540652520102.jpg (307x309, 52K)

That was my point here Miners don't have to capitulate.
If the spot price is above mining price, they short.
Then they cover the short with newly mined bitcoin.

Then once spot price falls below mining price, they just turn off miners. Blocks will be mined slower, and they resume mining once difficulty (and mining cost) has lowered enough that mining is profitable again.

ZERO speculation involved.

Speculating as a business is actually VERY irresponsible, and now that Bitmain is a publicly listed business, I don't see how speculation would EVER be authorized by a board of directors or such.

I see your point, miners do have a significant leg up on shorts compared to the average investor given their ability to cover their positions with rewards. As for the business side of industrial miners such as Bitmain, ultimately I see them in a comparable situation with their competitors and small time miners: none of us know what the long term value of Bitcoin will be, but nearly everyone agrees that their is inherent demand for permission-less money. Tbh it seems like a proper cost benefits analysis of continued mining is out of the question given all of the uncertainty in the market across a multitude of considerations. Yet, even with Bobo recking us in this bear market you can't deny the sweet sweet potential gains of a recovery.

oldfags are suppose to be pretty cool, but you..you’re a faggot.

It will also be practically impossible to transfer them due to a lack of a network and the 51% attacks will be cake

this faggot op really wants you goys to sell your precious bitcoins, I wonder why...

>precious

and how are PoS coins distributed you bloody fag shit
satoshi mined every coin he has using work on top starting this entire economy

as long as people believe the meme and there is money to be made with short dead cat bounces the decline will be slow, like a stair..see it struggling at 3400? it will dump a floor lower soon probably.
People buying at 3k simply means some boomers still use myspace

Many stiffs, many moons. Official bitcoin of pajeets everywhere

>t. newfag who doesn't know what difficulty is and just finished his first larp

I'm sure your coin is doing great right now
or it's somehow bitcoin's fault for its decline

You're technically right, but you're assuming that miners act rational. There's a big chance that irrational miners already mined at a loss at 6k and thought it would go back up, then when it crashed to 5k they had to capitulate, sell all coins and turn off the miners to avert bankruptcy.

Buy tezos

Attached: fat vs thin.jpg (798x515, 44K)

Baking is the future

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 5K)

bitcoin is outdated and needs to be thrown in the trash. I can't wait to watch it burn. times are a changin

yup, probably.

And if/when that happens we will have reached capitulation, and the point of maximum opportunity will be there.

t. 2011 oldfag

the truth of the matter is for btc a 51% attack will cost you magnitudes more than the possible gains. its not impossible its stupid.

people forget that the point of maximum opportunity is also the point of maximum risk. no free meals.

you're mom is a changin

>If I say *fuck* enough times they'll sell their coins to me

You're an absolute brainlet that doesn't understand how mining works.

PS:Sage

Crypto is unironically over.

Attached: 800px_COLOURBOX3488899.jpg (533x800, 91K)

Of course they want you to believe that so other miners will throw their rigs away. Remember this, chinese are made to cheat and lie.

> an absolutely retarded post
> 55 replies

>people forget that the point of maximum opportunity is also the point of maximum risk. no free meals
maybe if you are a brainlet.
point of maximum risk is at highs

I have 5btc, I’m not getting rich off that. I need full blown capitulation to buy a shitload and then walk away for a few years. And if it goes to zero, so be it.

based

good luck man. Just a word of advice that most people that has this attitude (myself included 100% of the time) always ends up buying back higher.
Try pick a local high, sell and place a stop loss at break even
Hopefully you'll pick a good point in the down trend and can get some comfy btc

which coin you dumbfuck mongloid. it is different for each. not a checkmate. god you are stupid

Buy NANO or IOTA fuck miners.

That's cute

EXCEPT
mining power is down 20% in the past 2 weeks and steadily decreasing
the death spiral prophecy is a meme and the current timeline proves it
since nobody uses the network, nobody can even tell that it's shittier than usual.

>if i swear a lot my post is credible!

And then ETH will step in to take the throne with PoS

staked coins are all unfairly distributed you stupid nigger
PoW and scheduled inflation pattern is the only way
everything else is centralized garbage

He was a Rothschild bastard working for the big corps of his era you fucking dunce

Attached: ABSPRO.jpg (450x422, 60K)

RETARD only buy orders are keeping btc alive, n0 one is ready to pull the plug because they hope to break even and gtfo, but eventually $0 will happen

>lets all vote on how much money we have

Idiots gonna do a collective suicide.

Have fun with the fucking chinks

Attached: IMG_20181211_124647.jpg (1152x207, 38K)

kys

that's literally the point of a futures market
it would be idiotic for miners not to do this

Fuck wallstreet.
Fuck banks.

Please, ETF wallstreet.

Please use btc banks

Attached: IMG_20181206_194407.jpg (983x836, 56K)

bitmain crashing his company by buying bcash is some retard tier shit

any respectable mining operation will judge profit margin off difficulty and electricity prices and short the difference to ensure profitability
these are the miners who will survive the bear

the days of miners trying to influence code and speculate are gone

Sure

Lol

Meanwhile choynese government preparing for a 51% attack.

Get rekt

>ethical responsibility
hahaha GTFO of here with that nonsense

>"Religious miners" are probably
the CIA and are not really mining, also google could do the whole mining thing in a heartbeat, any big outfit with a lot of cray machines could

stop
get some financial advice

>cray machines can mine bitcoin better than asics

Gtfo brainlet

Miners will just short, in fact that have the most reason to do So, if you did any reading into this, u would have known this, I mean YouTube's even know this fact. Think about it, but miners know when to short before a big dump. You are a retard. you fucking cunt for brains. Thank you for buying my bags.

Attached: Screenshot_20181210-090436.png (1440x2560, 2.16M)

t. 2017 era newfaggot