/smg/ - Stock Market General

no tengo dinero edition

youtube.com/watch?v=kwxIGe1oOJQ

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg (embed)

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ (embed)

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3 (embed)

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd (embed)

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC (embed)

calendars
forexfactory.com/
fxstreet.com/economic-calendar

Previous thread

Attached: 1524190523786.gif (388x341, 561K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZFa3mXVtVc
mobile.twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1072267971278635008
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

r u rdy 2 open, fren?

Attached: 1544415645681.jpg (665x654, 166K)

Attached: 1519405434898.png (1115x538, 136K)

Is today "The Big One"?

Did I miss my chance to pick up cheap stocks

Attached: 431B9B7D-549D-4EC9-93F2-7C075CB58CB7.gif (220x184, 8K)

Well I have 255 SPY puts expiring this week. About to lose 30% of my life savings. I'm just numb honestly. The market was supposed to crash why the hell is it going up. All TA and momentum factors point to a downward trend.

next year you will have plenty of chances.

Yeah

>The market was supposed to crash why the hell is it going up
>TA and momentum factors

Attached: 1534904105885.gif (500x357, 358K)

Futures are starting to scare me. There is no way we climb any higher after a 2% gap up on the open, right?

>b-b-b-but this was supposed to be the Greater Depression, why aren't we going down????
>REEEEE YOU TOLD ME THERE WAS GOING TO BE A RECESSION

Attached: 1499417564575.gif (540x304, 1.57M)

I said 267 yesterday, I was a hair off. We will probably hit 278-281 range soon, shiftable there.

If you had looked at D1 from October to now you would have seen that it has been bouncing between 2630 and 2820.

Yeah, we're going to make up the losses from the past month. At LEAST +5% on all the major indices. Libtard Soros is about to become homeless when all his shorts backfire.

Gotta limit your risk, bro. It's about consistency and spotting opportunities, not "one big all-in trade because I know I'm right"

feel better, user. you're a better trader because of this learning experience.

Don't worry, they'll expire just in time for the drop NEXT week.

Threadly reminder that there is nothing more pathetic then bears

user why didn't you tell us you were betting your life savings against the market, that's like the ultimate buy signal for me.

Didn't you get the memo that the market is really just one giand BLACKED gangbang scene ?

Protip: yes, YOU are the little white girl.

Ah one not must simply see the dragonfly doji, one must also act upon it.

Bruce Lee

I got GE at 12, it's at 7. I don't want to be the guy who 'sells low' but I'm starting to think as a company its done.

The brand alone is worth enough for some conglomerate for a potential takeover. Just sit tight.

When the bottom wick is long, prepare the bull's dong.

Warren Buffet

You should have sold on the initial dump which was a signal of continuing momentum downward. Now the weekly candles are starting to form small bodies and showing some consolidation. It is also near the lows from the crash in 2008 now.
Who knows, but I think there is a decent possibility for at least a short term bounce and then if that happens you can decide whether to exit or keep longing.

You'd be shocked what people will tell you for a few thousand dollars.

Steven A. Cohen

Attached: 1544476761404.png (585x470, 67K)

5 minute warning

Attached: 1520792357898.jpg (519x537, 63K)

I want to purchase some volatility put options, but my fucking shit isn't loading.

right, with blue chip I try to go beyound the tech analysis though. They dropped down to 12-14 to begin with because of their horrible financial packages and bankrupt pension system. I was hoping the fundamentals, you know, what made GE - GE was still functioning.

you could buy SXVY instead, or is your whole shit not working

Once more into the breech, dear friends, once more!

Attached: CD7C801F-5214-4DAC-9074-5FA555A7F652.jpg (440x367, 37K)

DING DING DING DING DING

sell some covered calls

>mfw just do the opposite of what Bloomberg advertises on TV

Those Jews were saying it was going to crash, all the signs were downwards. Now look at it. Luuuul

Bears on suicide watch

we're going to close the gap. then I think we'll be uptrending for the rest of the day

NOOOOOOOOOOOO MY LUMBER AND LEAN HOGS

Attached: pink4.jpg (250x249, 7K)

Up for the rest of the week or two, then test ~2800

My Runescape trading platform isn't loading. Cock sucking Russian hackers are fucking my shit up.

Attached: 1533520602464.png (425x247, 185K)

>TFW holding SFIX like a retard

Bullish Bias

Attached: egx.jpg (305x306, 26K)

We're slipping. Apple dragging us down. It's over.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (343x360, 21K)

STOP BUYING

I thought puts were supposed to limit your loses?

why is O at alltime high? What are they doing?

If you’re holding the underlying equity to sell at strike, if the price of the underlying moves under strike.

If anybody else was marked as a Day trader by Robinhood on accident send them a support ticket, appearently it was because of the George Bush funeral and they're system was marking people as day traders

Food bouncing back

Attached: 17x.png (1280x980, 1.46M)

CMON lets go close that gap.. its going to happen sooner or later today just get it done.

I didn’t get all that, but I thought the most you can lose is how much premium you’ve paid for the put? Anyways thinking about buying some puts myself, for the first time. Still not sure what a good expiration date or strike price is.

It’s been almost a week and robinhood is still reviewing my application. Piece of garbage

Honestly just read a book on options before you go in, you'll get crushed.

>NVDA up 3% in futures
>immediate go to -0.7% in half an hour

What do ((((they)))) know that we don't?

Where this market is going, it doens't need ROAD

Attached: crying_feel_2.png (882x758, 17K)

>lose
>premium
>put
>buying
>first time
>expiration
>strike

Attached: v9i6TR6.jpg (998x1500, 153K)

I sent mine yesterday at lunch and i just got it a hour ago, did you send it on the weekend?

Yeah, you only risk your premium, but you should definitely study more, before you lose it all.

buy the VXX puts that expire on friday with a strike price of $40 for what ever the fuck they'll sell them to you for.

I guess i bought those defence stocks at the right time, nothing but non-stop green so far

Yesterday and today was one elaborate bull trap.

Just keep an eye on the dark pool 266.66 number.

Y'all need to see this.

Attached: is that gavin.png (388x378, 274K)

aussie with 300k wat do?

Who here Bear in morning Bull in evening mode?

give me 20k and i'll tell you cunt

The GIS kiss

Attached: blosx.jpg (1688x2715, 1.52M)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

IBM stopped by yesterday and gib me some money

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

>aussie with 300k wat do?

Pay it to your Emu overlords

Attached: Emu War 1.jpg (780x605, 122K)

"chart master hour" on cnbc's boomer show :) usually they have no clue what they are doing and half of the time goes to talk about someones new haircut, but it's great entertainment! far more better than most comedy tv shows

Attached: 1513216855514.jpg (409x409, 60K)

Lol what’s the big deal? The most I can lose is premium. How will a $100 premium “crush” me?
?
Again, lose what all? The floor is premium. What else is there to lose?
Why do you have a username on an user forum?

20% Dividend Kings/Aristocrats
50% mutual funds (growth, income, emerging markets, etc - use a reputable financial institution like Vanguard or American Funds)
20% Bonds (most in US but some emerging market bonds)
10% Cash

woops

youtube.com/watch?v=fZFa3mXVtVc

You'll lose more if you keep putting money in without a clue.

Nope, maybe I’m just unlucky

What part of “expecting to lose 100% of premium at most” do you not fucking understand?

feel like we're gonna leave this range to the downside. the rallies keep getting shallower

What part of "I'm a degenerate gambler" don't you understand?

... then retire to Thailand.

Lol no. Maybe retrace the gap but bulls are well in control here.

Attached: 1544397907431.jpg (850x1201, 293K)

LMAO speak for yourself or your other chart watching NEET frens here. YOU’RE the gambler if you’re not alg trading, and I doubt you are or else you wouldn’t be on this shithole site

I bought at 13 and got out at 11 immediately when they announced their dividend cut. no ragerts. only the 4th stock I sold in the last 4 years.

I prefer to remain unanonymous. If you spend enough time in here, you can see the majority of the anonymous posters aren't even anonymous anymore.

what the fuck is going on with NBEV? that stock is always in a bull run now.

Don't listen to them, believe in yourself fully, but in a small extent.

Farm bill will legalize CBD then the partnership will be announced with KO

Campbells soup is on a golden bullrun

Let's go farm bill! Get it done before new years pls. My stonks want to moon.

mobile.twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1072267971278635008

Attached: 1542918914148.jpg (1584x1080, 152K)

Or you could lose your shit sense of humor and try to make a point?

why is WM so good bro's?

Almost everything bullish. Lots if stuff coiling up just below key resistances. Strap in. Buy it nya.

Nya!

Attached: 1542299545206.jpg (1200x1200, 234K)

Calm your tits newfag.

I swear to god Interactive Brokers is monitoring my desktop. I have had 3 trades today where I moved my stop up to $10 profit and just let the trade go all-or-nothing and every time it goes up I get to around $50 profit, comes back down, stops me out, runs $100+. I don't enter my stops into the market either, I just hover them on the platform and get ready to hit them as price comes into the level. Bout ready to just cut out before I go on tilt.

Watching this Congressional Hearing. All I hear is "Thank you come again"

Attached: Poo India.jpg (888x676, 154K)

GOLDEN BULL RUN

Attached: 295e35325030f3fbbc1ebc2fd8d9fe32.jpg (1400x875, 173K)

My tits are calm as cucumbers

buy googl short spy

this is a very short green day

I'm thinking of O and LAND for my dividend income stocks. IRM payout ratio is too high. What you think?

bulls having fun rn?

Take a look at NRZ