Is $1150 rent excluding utilities on a $40k/yr wage a good idea?

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg (1000x1000, 118K)

Depends. Do you WANT to stay poor?

All the places below that price range are absolute shit tier. Wtf do I do.

Depends what your goals in life are. If you happy where you are then you might as well be comfy. Id personally look for something around 600

Who cares if all you do is come home and sit on the computer?

Living around poor minorities scares me.

>600

not happening around here.

Where do you live?

Unless the cheaper rent causes you to live in a dangerous place, I'd almost always say go for a lower rent and put the money aside whilst working hard to increase your income. Then after a few years, you can use the money put aside to start investing in houses/rental properties of your own.

Got to think, if you spend $1150 on rent, it is basically 1/3 of your wages gone (after taxes) without considering anything else. It is almost certainly a recipe for eternal wage slavery.

What are you using to search? Zillow, trulia, hotpads, maybe try to find some local classifieds. Craigslist can be dicey but it can be ok.

yea that's too high. I'm a landlord and i would just straight up tell you that it's too much of your income because I expect to get paid every month and don't want excuses when you are short on money. Get a roommate or find something for like 700/month

Mostly zillow/trulia

I think thats fine, you dont want to live in a shithole. Just keep buying divvy stocks so you have extra income

drive for uber/lyft to get lunch money

Roommates you stupid poorfag

Way too much. You should be looking around $700-$800. You should look into renting a room / studio for the time being.

I don't know anyone around the area.

Use Craigslist if you have to. It's how I've found a few roommates. Have lunch with them, set some ground rules and you'll be fine.

monthly rent should be no more than 1% of annual income, no excuse. adjust earning power, housing situation and location as needed

1% is a little steep, i'm at 0.5%

Jesus dude I make more and am behind on 375+utilities rent this month because I over bought this dip

Just live in one of the poor communities. To avoid being a target, buy a second set of handmedown clothes at the salvation army or something. When you leave for work, out them on and change into normal clothes closer to work. Do that on the way home. You'll blend in and won't get robbed.

Posts like this are the only fud that gets to me besides alien threads. Knowing that I'm on the same crypto boat with people who can't even manage their expenses really makes me wonder if this is all a giant charade.

Get creative , consider living in a boat or van until you can afford to buy one of those shithole rentals.
Really think about it user, there has to be a way you can reduce your fixed expenses to about 250 a month and still lead a semi normal life involving some piss jugs.

Attached: images-30.jpg (410x359, 22K)

>t.manchild

No grown man wants to live with roommates

I agree, but might have to bite the bullet until I up my income. Found a basement rented out by a married couple for $800 near me.