Unironic Bull Whale Here

I can't tell you what's going to happen in the market because I'm not a psychic or a member of whatever whale groups might actually exist out there. I don't try to time or manipulate the market. I'm basically a pleb like you, I just happened to get into BTC very early on when it was under $100. When it hit $1,000 and then again $10,000 I sold off quite a bit, but I still have a lot left over. I held through this entire year without batting an eye.

Why? Because what I can tell you is that for those of us who have been in this game for long enough, this episode actually doesn't appear very different from several other dramatic dips we've seen. If nothing else, crypto is actually closer to adoption now than ever. Maybe the speculative mania will disappear forever, but if you think a $100B market cap for even bitcoin alone is fair or above value, I'd call you crazy.

You don't think you're early? You're not as early as I was, but look around you. Tons of news & public figures talking about the end of bitcoin and crypto. All your paranoid Thanksgiving posts about having to explain how your crypto is doing to the rest of your family. Most of the world still thinks this is a joke. They're not paying attention. It's easy for someone interested to find out major corporations are investing billions of dollars into blockchain tech and crypto, and yet still most people think it's a fucking meme and will never be a part of their reality. The truth is, within a year or less, every single person with Internet will have blockchain integrated into their life in some way.

Attached: download.jpg (311x162, 9K)

This is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth, but there's still a lot of money on the table. It might take a few years but bitcoin will see new all time highs. A lot of your shittokens and shitcoins will die completely, so try not to make totally braindead bets. Have at least some of your money in BTC and ETH, and then look for utility tokens which have a sound use case as those might be YOUR best bets to make it.

This might not be the bottom but I'd bet it's close. Godspeed.

shut up pajeet larper

The crypto market will have at least 15 trillion in marketcap by 2022 but the landscape will look much different. Good luck trying to figure out which coins will be the winners.

Reddit liked this post

Based oldfag whale, tell us your opinion of LINK and smartcontract adoption?

I think with some research you can pick candidates which are more likely than others. I also happen to know of a few startups which will be around next year which have excellent backing & top notch founders and staff and will likely make a splash, so my guess is there will still be new players to get nice early entries on which will be worthwhile.

But again, BTC & ETH are probably your best bets in terms of safety. Could they be replaced? Sure. But there's a lot of money riding on them right now, it'd be very surprising to see all of these companies and funds doubling back and saying "whoops we made a mistake, sorry" and absorbing the millions and billions of dollars in loss.

but hurt bottom waiter
you missed it bro

Oracles are important. A decentralized oracle seems appealing but I'm not sure there's a rush to get there from a corporate standpoint. The current system has a lot of trust baked into it and it'll be easier to keep than intact and use centralized oracles than moving to decentralization. The standard will have to change. Maybe all it requires is one big adoption.

That being said, I think LINK is higher risk but not a BAD bet. If it pays off it will be in a big way.

Also full disclosure I really only half understand any of this shit, I'm not a tech guy. I just read as much as I can and try to absorb what I'm able to.

So are you saying that I shouldn't have gone all in on wokecoin?

I would also throw out there that crypto is not the only way to invest in blockchain. If not for the possibility that we're about to see a major stock market correction, I'd be recommending buying IBM and MSFT stock and anyone else making big plays there. Being a big tech firm at the forefront of an industry will yield Amazon-like returns.

honestly don't know what that is but a quick Google search tells me no. Pretty sure you're not being serious, though.

Here is my question. If all this institutional money bnb is coming in, why isn't it reflecting in the market cap? We are literally losing, not gaining billions.

I'm not a pleb, speak for yourself nigger fucker

market cap is just spot price * total coins
doesn't really reflect money flowing in or out.

The money that I'm talking about isn't money flowing into the crypto markets, although that HAS happened on the investment fund side, they've been very careful to not rocket the price.

The money I'm talking about is building out infrastructure, tech, and investing in hires for the forthcoming shift.

When the infrastructure is built and companies start interacting via blockchain, you'll start to see more usage and therefore demand for the actual assets.

Decentralized data storage, Bitcoin Hex type stores of value that compound interest, and competitors to PayPal, Visa etc are the criteria I use for assessing undervalued utility alts. However, this criteria also includes publicly listed blockchain tech companies that are still penny tier stocks.

How long do you think till the next bullrun and what are your predicting the new ATH’s to be for BTC and ETH?

I unironically agree whole heartedly with your sentiments whale man.

Shut up faggots. Not everybody who makes substantive posts with bullish attitudes are le reddit army or fake and gay larping. Whether he's telling the truth or not doesn't matter.
If you want your opinions to amount to more than worthless low IQ shitposting then explain why his theory about institutions building out the infrastructure for the next stage of more mainstream adoption is wrong.

unironically, I agree

>within a year every single person with Internet will have blockchain integrated into their life in some way

BAHAHAHA. No.

See you in December 2019, where you'll try to argue that some really far out connection between my aggressive growth 401(k) having 1% crypto and that means "blockchain is integrated into my life."

Say what you mean, nigger. If you think crypto is going to be any more a part of our lives in a year than it is now, say that. You'd be wrong, but you'd be making an actual prediction, not some shitlord rambling open to backpedaling and interpretation.

My prediction: In a year, there will be LESS emphasis on crypto than there is today, most of you cryptofags will have gotten over the spergy fad and lost the money mama was saving for your college fund before she figured out you were a loser who wasn't going to college anyway, and crypto will still be present as a moron hobby but even less lucrative than now, because there are fewer dipshits with money to dump on something that has become a meme.

I largely agree with this and also anything that adds utility to blockchains (oracles as someone pointed out earlier are a good example of this)

As I said, I'm not a psychic. Anything I say now is going to be total bullshit, but if it helps you my guess is we see a return to bull territory in mid 2019 and see next ATH's in 2020. I honestly can't even begin to venture a guess as to what those numbers might be.

Thanks, I spend a lot of time with my ear to the ground and I'll be surprised if I'm wrong about the future of blockchain/crypto. The big question always on my mind (and why I typically avoid alts or doing anything different with my holdings) is whether the projects which currently exist make it out of this infantile stage. But I'm pretty sure somewhere in the pile there will be some winners.

I guess there's only one way to find out for sure. I'll be really surprised if crypto makes it into retirement funds in 2019, fwiw. I think it'll be more about bank tech adopting blockchain and you literally not being able to have money somewhere without it hitting the block at some point.

It will not come back. Yes, 2017 might be similar to 2013's manipulation, but the difference in price is just too drastic. People just don't like spending thousands of real currency for a proportion of an artifical currency. That might work at 300$ and 20000$ even, but higher than that is pretty unlikely. Besides where is the fresh money supposed to come from? Crypto is dead to normies.

I think my main point is actually that still most "normies" don't own crypto and yes, it's dead to them as it has always been. We've always been laughed at. During the dips, we get laughed at harder and publicly. Previously that hasn't meant anything and I don't know why it would now. If the price were to return to bull territory then we'd get a whole new wave of believers, and we are far from mass adoption or acceptance. Making a bet that it's not coming back is making a bet that crypto is dead. I simply don't believe that.

Thanks for the answer based whale.
I see, thanks user

What makes BTV valuable though? How is it better than BCH/DCR/ZEC or any other coin? BTC not only has a shitty tech which will make it lose all value since the LN will link it to any other coin supporting it, but it has the absolute worst community for any coin I ever saw, and the community is even more important than the tech because it's needed for the network effect.

Attached: SaveBitcoin!.jpg (700x400, 255K)

You might not be wrong, a lot of the value currently is the "adoption" behind it but I think more important than the community you see now is the community behind the scenes which none of us can see fully. There are a lot of bets riding on it continuing to be #1, but I've definitely gone through psychological waves where I think it should just die already.

The one thing that I always try to keep in mind is tech can adopt. Even something rotten at the core can have core code re-written. That's usually harder and more expensive, but if there's enough interest it can happen.

If you don't believe in BTC then I'd say don't invest in it. If you don't know the difference, then I'd argue it's safer than most even still. I think doing your research and picking the things you truly believe in is what's most important, and riding those out with conviction and not selling at the first blip.

this will age well.

>If you don't believe in BTC then I'd say don't invest in it. If you don't know the difference, then I'd argue it's safer than most even still.

There's no question the BTC dev team was co-opted. BTC had the promise to be the most disruptive tech ever created since the Internet yet you see it undergone events which can't be explained in any other way than it being a trick to suck in all the gamblers' (yes, gamblers, not "investors") money into a coin which will either find its doom one day in a series of misfortunes or it will be let to live on because it'll be the least threatening for fiat. It's impossible to know what's planned for BTC, but one of the many possibilities is that once the majority of tx's will be in the LN, it will be attacked by "Blockstream's Vision" or some other dummy op in any way bringing its value to zero.

Attached: 1xejyyv0an221.png (1742x998, 624K)

what's going on with Bittrex USD Volume?

Attached: Bittrex.png (1872x253, 38K)

I 100% agree. The only reason BTC briefly kissed the 20K bar was only because of the huge momentum it had. There was nothing to back it up, and there never will be unless there's utility to it, which currently doesn't seem likely since there are too many coins which people believe will give them the 1000% needed to cash out to the next sucker gambler and reach lamboland. The only thing which will make this prediction wrong is the death of a major fiat.