Welder

>Welder
>500k in a low cost of living area

Attached: D74CF7F9-3A93-4FDC-9E81-9B1F1C0270B7.jpg (614x495, 233K)

gonna need that money for when you go blind

He can just buy new eyes retard

Pipe welding is actually really difficult, boring, and physically demanding.

In most of yurop that actually pays something into the EU doing a trade means you'll have a 99% chance you're signing your life away for minimum wage. Due to muh equal opportunity yurop, tradesmen here have to compete against pretty good polish and bulgarian tradesmen whom are willing to work for 3-4 euros per hour, half of my country's minimum wage.
The only way to actually get money in a trade here is to for example be a welder for a motorsports team or something. It's pretty sad because trades seem cool as fuck.

Attached: mm1chn2z86411.jpg (738x741, 79K)

HOLY fuck where are at in the world? Guessing you are working deep water? I will be lucky if i clear 350k this year.
t. welder

The average salary for welders is $36,720, which is a pretty typical middle class welding job. However, welding jobs will bottom out around $25,000 a year, which may be common for many entry-level welding positions. On the other hand, the 90th percentile of welders earn around $57,000 a year.

$25k isnt bad for poorfag tier. You pussies should be welders instead of dying in the military or trucking. Especially if you're really stupid I dont want you driving a truck or killing foreign babies

I live in the uk, earn £15k after tax, I wish I lived in the US so I could make more for the same work

some mug is paying a guy 500k to weld pipes together, if you earn this well done to you but it rare for someone to earn that

> Wendy's Cooking technician
>2.5 million in a low cost of living area

Attached: BN-JW737_FRESHP_P_20150817135053.jpg (749x499, 50K)

.5 million in a low cost of living area

Even diver welders only make like $80k, user, and that job requires an incredible amount of skill and precision or you will die. No welders are making $500k. Except maybe ones that weld in the nude while some billionaire tycoon masturbates to them welding their dicks together.

Bullshit. Underwater welding will get you 200k minimum.

>top 10% of welders make less than the starting salary of most engineers
>physically demanding job will lead to higher medical bills and shorter career
>dirty job and have to dress like shit so you dont ruin your good clothes
>not respected by society
Its no wonder the only welders I know are high school dropouts and/or felons.

Jow Forums needs to stop with this blue collar meme. The only blue collar workers making any good money are sitting behind a desk or have military experience and a security clearance.

Unironically stay in school and study something related to tech/finance/law/medicine if you want a chance at making any real money.

ONLY Saturation divers make anything close to that and that's LITERALLY trading your lifespan for money.

>According to commercial divers and global statistics, the average underwater welding salary is $53,990 annually and $25.96 per hour. However, most incomes float around $25,000 – $80,000. Diver welders in the top 10% make $83,730 while the bottom 10% pull in $30,700.

Saturation divers make up to $45,000 – $90,000 per month and over $500,000 annually. They receive “depth pay” which typically pays out an additional $1 – $4 per foot. Usually, it’s $1 per foot up to 100 feet, then it raises up to $2 per foot after that. Income is dependent upon the length and depth of their project plus tenure of the diver.

Those who undergo a lengthy dive projects involving saturation diving (saturating body tissue with pressurized gases) can earn additional bonuses due to the time and physical strain that your body receives.

My cousin fell for the "get rich underwater welding" myth. Spent a shitload on training and certs, never worked a day. Said the field is crammed with low effort retards who fell for it, too. The guys who actually get the work have been doing it forever, and are damned good at it, and there isn't that much work available.

But he said through all of it, he met some coast guard dudes, who got him to sign up, and now he makes a pretty good living doing that - and way less dangerous.

>17y/o poorfag with nothing but GED
>free ride through trade school with state subsidies
>become certified welder at 19 with concentration in aircraft welding
>make 300k per year at NASA for welding on the ISS
>live in low cost of living area
Lmfoaing at college grad wagies rn

You can make money in blue collar fields, but you're going to work your ass off for years to get there, and show some aptitude for it, and running a business. Like, you can start out sweeping up construction sites, and end up running a construction crew, or become a developer, but it won't be overnight, and you have to be good at it. Same for plumbing, electricians, HVAC, whatever. You're GONNA be a grunt, and then if you're any good, rise through the ranks.

I have family who did just that - but it took them 20 years or more to really have it pay off - and they're always one recession or bad lawsuit away from bankruptcy, like anyone else.

And every field is a spectrum - for every higher paid saturation diver, there's 1000 mouthbreather good old boys who kind of get by in a doublewide, welding broken farm shit. Because that's what most welding in remote areas is - fixing farm shit.

>NASA doesn't build shit
>Subcontractors do
>Salaries at NASA top out at $150 for upper management
>Most of ISS was built in other countries.

Try again, larper. This time, do some research first.

I enjoy wearing bad clothes to work. I used to wear dress nicely the first few years in industry but now I spend all day in a faded and dusty hoodie. I am respected by the admirals I brief (in my grey, faded hoodie and jeans) while am also respected by the welders, pipefitters, and insulators. Don't knock those who wear coveralls.

This, it's better to become a nurse or some other shit, you also have to deal with boomer cunts

>welding on the ISS
Nigga, the ISS is in space
They're not sending some high school dropout into space to do some wedling

I've been found out. You're right, I'm not an astronaut that wields in space you fag.

>Nigga, the ISS is in space
yeah he said lowcost area

Topkek

what in the FUCK are you talking about???
>be me
>welder
>work in AC warehouse
>build huge water purification vats
>don't lift anything heavier than 25lbs
>OSHA
>80k a year STARTING pay

and wtf 80k for underwater welders. LOL!!!!! 200k starting like that one user said.

you could be a cook at a 5 star world known restaurant.... or you can be a "sandwhich artist" at subway.....

you can be a welder at a piece of shit, border line bankrupt machine shop.... or you could work for an actual company that does business with major corporations.

stick to jerking off Jow Forums.

Attached: 1543110704125.jpg (711x800, 67K)

If someone is willing to work in your country for 50% of your minimum wage, he's not pretty good. Looks like your own tradesmen are shit.

Are you retarded? Those are skilled welders who go work for 3 months say in netherlands, stuck in the cuckshed with 20 other faggots. Then go home and have enough money to neet for 9 months.

Blue collar isn't a meme.
>be industrial multicraft
>most work is ezpz mechanical
>$24/hour in low cost of living area
>will move to higher paying company when positions open
>life isn't too bad

Like I said, if youre making 60K+ as a welder, youre in the top 10%. If youre work in tech/finance/medicine/law and are top 10% youre making six figures easily, maybe even 250K+ in high cost of living areas.

I know tons of blue collar workers. My dad owns a 30 year old woodworking shop. $24 an hour is decent, but typically even that mediocre level of pay takes a decent employee 5 years to get to, and theres a huge survivorship bias there. The simple reality is that tradies are typically making $18/hr median and your median class of 2018 college grad is typically making $25/hr starting ($50K average starting salary).

There might be some cost of living bias there, but would you rather be making

Contracted for 12 an hour immediately out of college. (2 year degree)

Make 93k salary on year 8. Very comfy non-physically demanding job with low/no after hour expectations which allows me to run a side buisiness for pleasure.

Work in a dynamometer test facility.

I know a lot of welders. Dad owns a welding company. Employees start at 16 and move quickly up to 24/hr.

The money comes from doing extra jobs that pay per piece. 500k seems crazy IMO, but often you can get easy manual labor jobs like repairing treads from bulldozers that pay 40 dollars per link repaired after the buisiness cut. A person on thier game can do 4-6 an hour as long as the work continues to exist.

oh, but the weld shop is a miserable hell hole and everyone is fucked up from it.

$50k is not a median grad salary

“College grads” are everywhere and saturated due to diploma mills and shit degrees galore

I actually worked as a welder and pipe fitter when i was younger. Monthly wage was ~$500 gross (Eastern Europe). Job was very demanding and required specific certification (e.g. for welding stainless steel pipes with TIG for dairies). Plus working non-paid over time was considered a norm.

$500k /year seems like tales from another planet. Even 100k is unimaginable...

Wrong.

I live outside Atlanta and I personally know multiple welders. They can make $50 to $100 an hour for their services. Up to $200 an hour if they are under water.

Welding pays fucking good.

I still would not do it though, due to all the risks. You can make about half that money and just pick a trade without health risks.

welders make like 12 bucks an hour in california.

What schedule do you do? I'm currently working in oil and gas. Is it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off kind of gig or similar?

I own a welding business of welders and make 1.2 m a year

is this an actual concern?

lol no. you'll die of lung cancer way before that.

I mean you're not entirely wrong. Trades can be shitty and dirty and don't get much respect. But I'm making 100K without overtime as a Millwright up here in Canada. Not many people in my age range are making close to that, even with degrees. So I count my blessings that I will own a house while many I know will struggle.

And that's just from social smoking from going to bars and picking up roasties with your welder frens. Trades are great, we're all fucking brainlets for falling for the "go to college, work in an office" jew.

But it literally is. Sure there might be some retards that major in fine arts and start at 26K/year or stay unemployed but the median person (50% make less, 50% make more) are getting 50K starting. This is an objective truth.

This, pick another trade. I'm a millwright at a steelmill and pretty much everyone here pitties the welders. Welding is bad ass as fuck and cool...until you spend 8 hours a day every day laying beads. Then its your own personal hell. Living behind a piece of 2 inch tinted glass hunched over breathing in fumes all day.

As a millwright, I get to weld sometimes too, do a ton of different jobs and its not as hard on my body.

>They can make $50 to $100 an hour for their services. Up to $200 an hour if they are under water.
Prove it

Literally lies. Know tons of tradies, if they don't blow it all on meth or drinking they have more money than I do. And respect? By who, cocksucking corporate kikes & dim-witted paper pushers? Enough with the classism bullshit. Those same HR roasties you lust after are fucking a blue collar Chad every weekend. And most engineers are basically still tradies, who just did well at math. Still a hands-on job where you can get messy.

yeah, nah. i used to be a trades guy and let me tell you it fuckin' sucks. i went and got a mechanical engineering degree and now i work from home 2 days a week and get to wear comfy shoes all day. do trades for more than 6 years and tell me how your body feels, lmao.

Good luck with your back and knee problems in 12 years!
Trade jobs suck. How do I know? I've been doing one for the past 6 years.

Except for every blue collar Chad there are 10 people working manual labor jobs for a shit salary. White collar pays more than blue collar, look across any large dataset and you'll know this to be true.

My dad makes 160K/yr as a blue collar business owner, but for every person like him there are 30+ people working for

>sitting in a comfy truck listening to podcasts/music all day getting paid 100k/yr
>breaking my back, arms and legs welding for 40k/yr
Hmm

Youre one of the lucky ones. I should also be making six figures this year depending on my performance bonus, although in USD, not CAD.

The thing is, a lot of the people on here are not confident enough to find a high paying blue collar job and will likely be working for the inflation adjusted equivalent of

How?

I don't mean working for someone else I mean as a self employed welder.

Welders make like 50-60k tops. You can make that much as a teacher working nine months a year...

And toxic shit you get on and in you. Not really an ingredient list on your rods and wire is there....

How did you get that started user?

>Garbageman
>700k in a low cost of living area

somebody post that copypasta

>go to high school in canada
>guidance councillours push the trade meme HEAVY on anybody not taking uni level classes
>promises of high pay and employment since all the boomers are retiring
>welders make 40k, most trades level out around the same mark and you have to find an apprenticeship yourself (protip: most boomers dont want to associate with some mouth breathing 17 year old)
>meanwhile some paper pusher makes 60k starting sitting on his ass for 4 hours a day, gets a paid lunch and actual benefits, time off etc.
what a shit tier meme

Attached: 1539160554325.jpg (745x552, 206K)

$24 is a temporary ceiling, I'm a first year tradie, moved into this spot so I could start becoming an electrician, which pays pretty well in my area. Most places around here start electricians out at $30+ moving into the mid $40- low $50 range. I'm still young though, (23) and have plenty of time to move up within a company.