Have you ever been stuck working a dead end job Jow Forums?

Have you ever been stuck working a dead end job Jow Forums?

Attached: 1543257631944.jpg (1431x899, 452K)

No...

Attached: 1544434654285.png (535x610, 539K)

yeah from 2013-2016, it's when I got into crypto

>promotions are vital for my success
Learn how to talk
Read books
Make things

>starting job at mcdonalds soon
JUST

the bull run is coming!

Attached: 1348882927541.png (680x519, 106K)

How did it end up like this?

Attached: 1519546883026.jpg (706x498, 42K)

>How did it end up like this?
it was only a kiss
I need money and i don't want to be a NEET while im living with my parents.

>Worked in Pizza Hut for about 18 months
>Stacked shelves at Sainsburys for 6 months

PH was a chill job. Enjoyed it a lot desu and life was chilling. Sainsburys night shift for 6 months was soul destroying.

nope! never worked a day in my life actually!

Attached: Ds8IeMSWwAU1pfh.jpg (574x644, 35K)

>night shift
that shift kills just about anyonr
I used to work security during yhe nighy shift, and while i did nothing but listen to wierd late night radio stations, watch movies, and play video games, it was just so hard to stay awake.

Man was not able to handle waking up during the damn night

yeah, i am right now. its not TOO bad but still, im not learning anything new atm

When I started I did 10pm-6am 4 days a week. It was shit, but at least got a bump above minimum wage. Used to come home and sleep 6.30-1.30 and then had a reasonable amount of time to do whatever.

Then they changed the shift pattern and cut my hours. Started doing 7pm-1am. Because the shift didnt go past 2am, there was no nightshift premium, so it was minimum wage. Had to do 5 days rather than 4 to make up the hours, and got paid less. My sleep pattern was fucked though. I didnt have dinner before work, so I would come home and eat at 1am. After Id eaten it was 2am, and I probably wouldnt sleep until 4-6am.

Fuck that job. I considered applying for a role in my current job that would involve night shift and weekend work, but decided it wasnt worth the extra money to go back to a shit life.

Currently in crypto. Looks pretty dead end.

stuck in a office job for 6 years. looks like i'll be stuck there for the rest of my life. i dont have any other skills. wat do?

yeah thrice
once at a cafe rio
and once at a group home for the literally retarded
and now driving for lyft

been working in manufacturing/assembly type jobs for most of my non-self employed life. looks like it's gonna be this way forever, boys.

Attached: 1541610884107.jpg (957x621, 54K)

Was a painter. Cold emailed the two bosses of a company that does art installations and got hired the next week.
When I'm not working, I get to tag along with them to events and shake hands with big names (although it's a smallish pond).
I've learned a lot, and if I wanted, I'm confident I could take over the company when they retire. They're both in their 60s so I'd be in my 30s when I take over. Nobody else at the company of about a dozen people has a big vision or any interest in the CAD software. It's just a job to them.

To think I was hopeless and unemployed for a whole year until 10 months ago. I was living at my parents' house.

Hang in there. It gets better guys.

Attached: yay.jpg (396x385, 38K)

lucky
last time my local macdonalds was hiring they posted on facebook they were stopping taking applications at 400, i missed the cut off

this makes me happy fren :-)

i hope you thanked your parents for being stable.

Despite all their shortcomings, they've been a loyal safety net. I hate to take advantage of them though and I've been paying them back for supporting me in my year of unemployment.

Currently am
>been working at a factory for 4+ years now making 13 an hour
>only just started getting into stocks at 24
I've hardly thought of quitting though since I have no clue where to go so I'm gonna rely on the long term investments to get me out of there in a decade or so.

Attached: 7ed2cc45.png (420x336, 20K)

Attached: 1544580166855.jpg (682x1024, 157K)

This is all true

>loser in high school
>grades too shit to go to college
>NEET for 2 years until my dad threatens to kick me out of the house unless I get a job and start paying 200 dollar a month rent (i was a neet so I didnt even have that much money)
>mom got me a job at sonic (burger place) because her yoga friends husband owned it
>fucking hate it but do it as its my only option for a 20 year old who has never had a job
>depressed, discover bitcoin and go all in on (about 20k) around 2015 when it was at 250 dollars
>keep putting every pay cheque in
>had 2 million at the peak
>quit my job in december 2017, told my boss to go fuck himself on the way out
>didnt sell because I was planning on becoming a 10+ millionaire and living a life of luxury
>we all know what happens from here
>tried trading alt coins during the crash to make up the losses
>just lost more
>I literally have 20k left
>would have more if I just saved my money in a savings account all these years
>now 25 mega loser, literally have nothing
>was bragging to this girl about how rich i was and she was interested in me but then stopped talking when she found out im broke.
>she was fat too buts its all I could get

You think theyd just give you the company? thats what i need someone to do for me

Theres no fucking way you put in 20K in 2015 and are back to 20k now.

currently in the chair force working cyber shit
fuck the reenlistment meme
what would a sec+ cert, top secret clearance, and 6 years of experience get me in the civie world?

If this wasn't a larp I would say this is the most pathetic life story I've heard on biz as of uet.

lol idiot shouldve threw u gains into tether at ATH u fucking pleb

thanks tho, your loss gave me a win

Nope 24 now and just can't stop winning

I think my next tittle will be CEO

I got a dead end job or so I thought but a lot of hard work and sacrifice has made it into the best job I've ever had. Little mom&pop pizza place where I started as a drunk and an addict, and the place was so fucking run down and shitty. I came to accept it was a pizzeria where people ended up when they'd really fucked up in life. But over time I cleaned up my act and the place has kinda grown with me. Even gots benefits now and we're upsizing to a new location. Every time I try to leave, I find a new reason not to. Literally might retire in this stupid place but for the time being I just keep lifting and cleaning up my act better and better, if I outgrow it I outgrow it

Keep it up user

> 2008
> Addicted to weed
> 25 hours phoner job (asking people questions)
> Had money for food, soda, weed and rent
> Stuckinarut.png
> Get supervisor to write a recommendation
> Apply for an apprenticeship at a factory
> Get it
> 2018
> Full time, full benefits, pension, monies, property

I believe in you guys.

I’m stuck in one I have no idea what to do

>luxury
What lunacy is this!?
Absolute lunatic and madman-pilled.
You can still turn to Jesus.

You were right before and you can be right again, believe in yourself user, don't give up on yourself, you can still make it.

Just promise me you'll secure your profits next time ok? I believe in you buddy.

im unironically a assistant manager at pizza hut

I work construction with a mechanical engineering degree and published research.

what do you do?

Hopefully this will be my last year at my local Golf Club working as a fucking potwasher, I went to the doctor and they gave me 14 days off for work related stress, I rang the manager and asked if I could see her for what I thought would be a quick meeting, turned out to be an hour and a half long chat with me listing off a literal laundry list of complaints against the new chef, from buying equuipment he hasn't used in 2 months to arguing with anyone that has even the smallest bit of constructive criticism for him to leaving moldy food in the fridge for 2 FUCKING MONTHS. The manager is actually a really nice person she's very kind and wants to do better but the committee are the bunch of typical hiring and firing cunts that don't take complaints seriously. Hopefully my not being there will increase tensions just enough for the cunt to leave.

oh, yeah 8 years btw OP.

I'd give my right nut to work in construction.

We are we are Walmart
We are we are Walmart
Young man Young girl, gonna be a cashier one day.
Got a smile on your face, you love this place, pushing those boxes all over the place.
We are we are Walmart
We are we are Walmart.

No

I did for 4 years, it's fine and if you are an autist the cashier role will force you to learn to talk to strangers and fake smiles and courtesy. While the kitchen spot let's you literally daydream while on the job. Just put effort and accept any role as it gets less boring the more you do and you'll be far above average, this is noticed and you'll either be left alone or asked a promotion, I preferred the former. We also did maintenance to the machinery ourselves and I was the only one that preferred that to counter or kitchen, so I got assigned to it. You work with people, many different kinds of people, they aren't bad and will try to put you where you feel more comfortable.

One month and the shame, clumsiness and confusion will fade. I took a while to get used to the continuous beeps of the timers. I never got used to Saturday night customers, they are the worst kind of human being you'll ever meet, sometimes a drunk chad would start shit because we didn't serve him beer at the drive in or whatever you'd expect from a crowd of hungry drunk clubbers and thoots that don't have the concept of waiting in line or not start taking the food while you are still putting it on the tray or not yell the order at you like you were a barman serving drinks(now there's security to help with that and totems to take orders). It was definitely worth it as a first job experience to me. Plus one meal a day was free. Rush hours can seem horrible at first, but you automate everything once you get used to it.

If I were a real alpha, I'd just start my own company.
But I don't have any clue where to begin. You see all these 21yos starting their own companies, but I've just never been around the right people for that to rub off on me, and I've never been to business school.

I'm 19 and a NEET. What do I do? Haven't got a university degree and hate working. Outside isn't fun at all.

Can't wait for this company to make a public statement once this meme goes viral. The bad bad internet trolls are portraying their wonderful business in such a bad way. Employees are amongst the happiest in this industry blabla. COTTON EYED JOE READY TO GO hahaha

Forgot to say I tried working at a warehouse, worked there for 4 days, 9 to 6 and wanted to blow my brains out.
My whole body hurted and got a migraine, I was so tried I slept in the toliet for a while.

>12089814
Ye worked in retail for half a year. Needless to say i was fired and now i am trading exotic products to extraordinary people.

I work at a liquor store in Aus for $28.50/hr ($20.55 usd/hr). The pay is enough for all bills and for me to save a decent chunk each week but the work is definitely not fulfilling to say the least. I've been offered the managers position but I'd never fucking take that. Every manager in the company works at least 10 hours unpaid overtime each week and if they miss one goal, they get chewed the fuck out by upper management. It's pretty much a dead end job but I don't know where to go from here. I've saved $34k since I got the job 18 months ago so I feel like I could quit soon and do something with my money. 21 btw

No, I've always managed to get a non meme job, even for summer vacations. Id like to attribute it to my skills but it was most likely plain luck.

working at a gas station right now
though its only a once a week thing, so im practically just a 20 year old neet
i have no ambitions either
i dont know man

I worked in a grocery store from 20-26 while finishing up uni, it sucked and retail is hell but thank god I had a light at the end of the tunnel. I had to work there 6 months after graduation at age 26, I even had people I went to high school with come in and see me in a stupid ass uniform and my god did it make me feel like a failure. Ended up landing a comfy office job and am now doing better than 90% of my peers.

have the McChicken ready for me

Attached: wagecuckinit.png (703x605, 82K)

Can someone please put the 30 yo boomer on the manager who sings that and put a crying Wojak on one of the employees dancing along?

I worked as a street seller (heckler really) for a charity organization during the heat wave in europe this summer. We were supposed to "give" out bottles of water to passersby as an incentive for them to donate, but we didn't have enough bottles to go around, so we were told only gave it to them once they donated. My entire day consisted of being yelled at and getting angry looks once I told the person that I handed the bottle of water to that they had to donate at least 20$ PER MONTH to get the shitty bottle of water. The water wasn't even cold as our entire batch of water bottles stood in the sunlight all day. Shit pay too.

Attached: 1538952667870.jpg (216x233, 8K)

I work a pretty dead end yet comfy job. Get to read books and play vidya on the job. Just waiting for linkies to moon so I can quit and le find myself without having to cuck my hours away for someone else.

the absolute state of capitalism

Attached: mcd.jpg (240x240, 13K)

Haha jobber du hos noe scam humanitær forræderorganisasjon eller

Literally there is, my friend put in 3k and is at 3k again now. Just hold bro

>le find myself
Just read Sam Harris and realize you've already made it

Attached: Waking_Up_by_Sam_Harris.jpg (220x330, 17K)

>muh capitalism
>business and finance
Ngmi

Got my first job as a bartender at the age of 18. Loved it at first. I learned how to make drinks, how to talk to people and I made pretty decent tips. The restaurant was also booming at the time. Now it's shit. We lost a lot of good workers and have all these druggy high school kids working here. I've been here for about 8 years now and I just want to leave, but I don't know how. I tried school, but I failed and dropped out. I've thought about getting some kind of cert online, but idk if that is a good plan. I just hope I can find something in 2019. The tips have gone down and I've slowly become an alcoholic just by working here.

Attached: I'm fine....jpg (398x438, 19K)

I worked at a Subway in the mall when I was 18. Then after a year, a new start up chain started and they saw me work at the Subway. They poached me and after a year I became Assist. Manager. Eventually General Manager for about a year and half. It was a newer business so the pay wasn't great, but the experience gained was invaluable. So many skills I learned at that job. Scheduling, inventory, customer complaints, hiring process, payroll, product ordering from vendors, understanding and trouble shooting with various PoS systems etc. I took those skills and became a another Assist. Manager at a Carwash. After about a year there, I got another opportunity to manage in a high grossing more upscale restaurant. There is no stuck. Just do. Right the fuck now save up like $200, get some decent dress pants, get a haircut and go serve. You need a car though, servers can routinely make 17+/hr and you can get that kind of job tomorrow. The downside is its all about business and you need reliable transportation or to live real close by. Often servers will work for only 3-5 hrs in one shift.

No college, but got lucky and got a sort-of-decently paying job via employment office.
The boss is a bit of dick, tho.

I used to mow lawn around my local gas station once per week. Got a job there because I befriended a guy there who was about to change jobs. Station boss apparently liked me enough to hire me on the spot.

>in the civie world?
A whole lot of nothing.
>sec+ cert
If you want to play the cert game, you need a CISSP
>top secret clearance
Useless; unless you have a FS, don't bother. Most jobs these days won't even accept your application unless you have an active TS/SCI+CI
>6 years
Useless; unless you have a degree. Only NSA takes no-degrees. Their website says min 4years exp, but their HR dept only considers people with 8-10years min.

Your options:
get a degree; preferably a masters
and/or
get a CISSP
and
get a higher clearance
OR
be an attractive female

Most of these agencies and companies are filled by horny boomers who won't hesitate to wave hiring requirements to let a pretty face in their workspace. It may be the government, but it is the still STEM industry.

Don't make it a habit of posting you gov affiliations on here. In the mil and gov, everyone and their mother is on here, but the gov still frowns on this site. It will be awkward if it comes up during a security interview or poly.

Also, that 6 figure pay is a total meme. Don't expect much more than a non-gov STEM salary. The "top secret clearance cost 10s of thousands" is also a meme too. Don't let someone tell you otherwise; just ask the gov.

t.former 1N4 mustardrace, turned contractor, aggressively trying to get out of this field after years of underemployment, unemployment, and low pay in the DMV.

Jesus Christ.

No matter where you work, you will still die.

yup, and i just missed my student loan bill by the 3rd fucking week of the month because my boss forgot to pay me my extra hours.

Currently stuck in a dead end job washing dishes for shit nothing an hour, I've been looking into trades but it seems like the apprenticeships job offers are scarce. It's almost every single trade related job requires you to be experienced.

Yeah.. i used to work in fast food from 2012-2015

It was pretty chill and for half the time we didn't even have a proper manager (i'd come in late, fuck around, not keep the shop stocked etc)

i would get absolutely livid as the customers were mostly subhumans and would irritate me. Plus i was a grown man and felt I was "humiliated" by working there

still i only worked part time and played counter strike and smoked the herbal friend on my days off

After those three years i then got a proper job, i had to give up drugs, work full time, and have no time to do anything

It seems theres a choice between being poor/having free time and a low status job

or a high status job, no free time, but being rich and own your property

honestly dont know which ones worse anymore

Attached: 1278458783599.jpg (370x499, 50K)

>i would get absolutely livid as the customers were mostly subhumans and would irritate me.
story time?

My second job was heckling people in home Depot trying to get them to sign up for a free consultation for house renovations, kitchen cabinets...in 2009...in a low income area. Paid on commission. FUCK THAT

I washed dishes for a few months. Hang in there. I found a decent paying gig full time in allied health at a hospital. Just trying to give you some ideas.

Develop other skills?

Naw capitalism is great but I think that if 400 people are desperately applying to one MD’s then something has to be wrong with how we’re implementing it

Consider yourself fortunate. There aren't many jobs like that any more, at least not in the developed world.

Nothing that fascinating really.

I worked in one of the worst towns in the country, full of ""people"" and chavs.

""People"" would come with sagging pants and gold teeth, asking for free stuff. People have threatened me with violence because i didn't give them free stuff.

I also saw/served a few people i went to school with, which was absolutely humiliating as they stood there with their girlfriends as i was a semi-incel who had to make their order

I also got "revenge" on a few customers who were a bit too loud and annoying. I'll leave that to your imagination ;)

Never. I bought btc at the correct time (2011). I bought ETH at $12 and made it again. I missed out on ant shares though and got burnt on NEO. Still plenty of NEET bucks left to ensure I never have to wagekek.

I worked for 6 months in lumber industry with foreigners. No native people here (Northern Europe) would agree to do the jobs.

All my coworkers were estonian/russian or polish. The work consisted of constant lifting of heavy, wet wooden material. I am talking about 100-150lbs every 30 seconds. Using mechanical saws, drill tools. Most my coworkers (who were native) quit after 2 weeks. Some people got really bad injuries usually after 2 weeks. Even after 4 months I was sore after every work day.

Most the Estonian, Russian guys I worked with were drunk all the time. We were filling up these marine crates with forklifts and some of them got squeezed between the tight crates and got really bad injuries. They also lived in the company dressrooms on filthy mattresses. Once a week our boss would drive them to local store where they would buy pickled cucumbers, vodka and cigarettes.

It was the filthiest, messiest job I have ever done, constant inhaling of saw dust, metal dust and dangerous working conditions.

I am so jaded I would have even continued in the job, but I was too afraid of my physical health because I was coughing all sorts of black phlegm after every workday, the Slavs did not mind though, they were chainsmoking.

I never saw them use any kind of eye protection, ear protection or any protective workwear. They simply did not give a shit

I can't even get hired as a wagecuck

Attached: 1534769015344.png (800x800, 13K)

Nice
my friend once wiped his butt with a hamburger before serving it to a customer

hamburger bun I mean

I am sitting in a cubicle, lurking Jow Forums, hunched in my cheap chair looking to a drywall ceiling.

where's my honeymustard sauce

Well even if you did get rich, that fatty would have just used you for your money. Do you really want that, user?

I worked in a hardware store from 17-23, while attending school on and off. Watched generations of high schoolers and college kids come and go, most of whom are doing much better for themselves now. I was the last mother fucker there, too complacent to leave.

2017 I bought into eth early and quit during the summer as my portfolio breached 30k. Began trading shitcoins full time and by December I was at half a mill. Now I've got nothing left. Back in school again, dependent on my parents. I think it'll be back to deadend wagecucking soon enough

How is it having nothing knowing you could be rich if you just did not hold?

I never bought any crypto but bought an apartment instead. Remember my friend laughing at me. Now he has zero money because he invested in bitcoin while I have 100k invested in my apartment

sometimes it is nice being stupid I guess

What kind of a loser do you have to be to be stuck in a dead end job? You have a world of information at your fingertips.

So does everyone else. The only kind of loser you have to be is the kind of person who can't stand out.

> Biz...
Fellow anons...
Let’s start our own business!!
Let’s move into :: truck dispatching ::
Everyone not doing all the other jobs is a truck driver!! Look up most popular job in each state.
The load board system is a 90s tier type video game!!
We group up and help each other from home and make an easy $300+ a day!

My uncle and his wife, both streetwise hustlers, literally made tubs of money doing this in Dallas. They never got a high school degree!!
Let’s do this, lets goo. I’ve researched and most of the people doing this are smart but common middle class folks...
Imagine how far the power of focused Chinese imageboard anons can take us

Just need a fax machine and the balls to market to truckers and negotiating/sales.

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 737K)

i live in alabama, user. it's not quite developed just yet.

the pain never goes away.

Ordinarily I would have sold. But I was living at home, sitting in my room on the computer for months at a time. All my siblings away at college. My dad was working 70 hours per week doing carpentry. He'd come home no earlier than 7pm, barely able to make it up the stairs. And there I would be, laying around like a fucking loser.

I didn't see a point in taking that money when my dad would still be subject to his toil. It felt wrong. I decided I needed enough to pad his life and my own. We live in a large house and he can barely afford to put the other 3 through college. Mom is useless. So between bailing him out, and paying taxes, I figured I needed another 2x to sit comfy. I embraced the outcome of losing everything. And the market swiftly began to crash.

500k became 300k, then 200k, and 120k by end of summer. I did not anticipate losing 95%. Just fuck my shit up. The worst part of this is that I'm just another faggot who "almost" got rich from crypto but instead lost his shirt. So many of those geniuses around. This will haunt me for the rest of my life, unless something good ultimately comes of it.

and the irony is that my dad is now doing very well. Secured a highly profitable contract right after the January dump. He's now working less and has a lot of cash in the bank. I'm back in college and he knows how hard I got fucked. Is offering to pay my tuition, and I just might need it. Little does he know that I lost it all trying to pay his retirement

Currently earning between 75 - 100k a year (varies with overtime) i have to 100k in a house situated in a low income, growing area.

I'm in the rail industry, have been for just over 10 years. When i started, my daily activities were heavy labourous tasks. Its a unionised idustry, so if you want you can spend your time whinging to get out of work. I chose to keep my head down and learn as much as i can, its paid off i the sense that I'm left alone but hated by my.peers. From my 10 years, I've only really saved money the last 3. I have been able to travel to 10 countries thougj as well as achieveing total enlightenment by reading 4chanel threads.

Ill add i never completed high school, have a cert in my industry and nothing else. I want to get out and contract while completing fuether study bu have no idea what to do. Im considering moving in with my parents to split pay a mortage, China style to get a head a little faster. If anyones interested, safeworking in the rail is the last bastion of hope if youre willing to put in the hours you can get paid 8-12hour days while sitting around whining about orange man with like minded colleagues. I personally resent those types.

Ps, haha shit coiners.

Attached: FB_IMG_1542148537511.jpg (720x692, 41K)

>Ill add i never completed high school
we can tell

I cant fathom earning 100k and choosing to live with my parents. Do you not do anything at your house? No dinner parties or have friends over etc?