Chainlink

I’m a linkie and I think I’ve been redpilled. This is Mike Novogratz talking about security tokens but it applies to chainlink too. When the network is live we’ll know the expected yield for link based on staking rewards, and 14% sounds about right. Why the fuck would someone pay $1000 for a token yielding 14%? He’s right, you’re wrong.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-11/mike-novogratz-explains-why-he-s-still-all-in-on-cryptocurrency

Attached: CCCA2C86-6996-4465-B815-9CCD6E430157.jpg (747x1020, 249K)

>implying 14% yield isn't actually amazing
>implying this has anything to do with how the chainlink network token economics will work when the example he gave is clearly unrelated
>implying

Can you stop making pointless threads?

Lol 14% would be infucking credible

1. as long as there's money coming in supply will drastically reduce
2. 14% is still outperforming many investment options
3. staking yield has nothing to do with price
4. look into the archives and search for riddle anons latest few posts. Novogratz could be accumulating link too.

CH LI ON BI

cap this t-minus 48 hours

ChainLink listed on bittrex. Who gives a fuck?

This is what Smartlands is in the process of doing. Asset backed tokens.

I'm not sure how much it'll drive up the price of SLT as more assets are brought on but it at least is not vapor bullshit.

jesus christ OP don't you have homework to finish? how the fuck is 14% not incredible to you? fucking retard

Chainlink is one word idiot

14% is very high. People pay thousands for stock for their dividends yielding 2-5%. People would pay $1000 for something that yields 14%. People would pay a lot more than that, actually. I don't understand his statement because it's that 14% which would drive the demand and reduce the supply, causing the token price to go up.

only 14% ?
i would rather burn my money

Attached: ripoff.png (572x87, 6K)

Attached: TALLY.jpg (740x850, 86K)

Yeah and dont forget that Chainlink is under the radar, it will pump to top 5, marketcap of billions, then slowly grow for 1-2 years like bitcoin did in 2016-2017 and then massive speculation, big companies launching smartcontracts, lot of media talk, full fomo bull market like eoy 2017. My bet is 2020/2021. Sooner the better. Dont get your hopes for 1000 eoy. Its impossible, not even in 2019 in this market.
You are buying ETH in 2016, in its early stage, give it some time to mature.

But only when team deliver of course

You highlighted the wrong part. For link, the relevant part is "hotbed of fraud".

What is this 2010 bitcointalk?

I’m not buying crypto for 14% annual returns. I’m here for 50,000% and making it. Don’t act like anyone is hoping for 14% pa with link.

user, i... have some bad news

There is literally no reason for this though, as shown by Novogratz. It’s a nice blue chip investment but its economic model doesn’t justify capital growth like what you’re suggesting.

Why does 14% matter? That number is pointless. It's about the eyes that aren't on Chainlink vs the eyes that will be in the next 2 years. That will push it way higher than 14% and you're retarded to think otherwise.

Shut your cunt mouth pajeet.

Yeh except there’s literally no financial incentive for that to happen. Read the except I pasted above and get your head out of your ass.

its not just funding tokens like link that wont go from $1 to $1000, its almost every alt released in the past couple of years thats going to struggle to get anywhere near that in the future. the big winners have already been decided in crypto from the current batch, no one can speak for any new projects that appear, and if they don't have an ICO or presale that might make 1000x returns, but for everything that's out today, those returns are over.

How is there no financial incentive? Do you not understand finite supply and future expectations? How is my head in my ass.

Because no one will be speculating on chainlink because we’ll know the returns. The ceiling is limited for Chainlink, Novo is right. You can hold $10k worth and make $1400 a year, no worries. I’m not here for that, I have bonds and ETFs that do that sort of shit.

Your point?
Money will flow from these cancer garbage projects into the pioneer projects of the future. That's a fuck ton of capital floating around in the market that still has not been properly allocated. Everyone will want a fraction percentage of a future network.

Your point?
What about the people joining the network pushing up the value of the token?

Sure you can play it safe with those bonds and ETF's, that's not the argument. There's a place for everything in someone's investment portfolio but for asymetric investments such as Chainlink you're acting as if the market cap will start trending down to 30 million again.

There's no restraints on this project, crypto markets expand and contract like a biological system. Once the Bitcoin hedge is pulled away from tokens such as Chainlink we'll see its organic value start rising even more.

Man why did I waste my time even arguing you? The future of 2019,2020,2021 is standards and the worlds eye being open to the potential of Smart Contracts.

You have to invest based on what you can access and change in this present moment. The returns for operating a node will be all over the place and DEFINITELY not decided before 2020.

you couldn't have less a clue of what you're talking about

why will LINK appreciate in value? Because of network usage. For a fixed price of LINK, staking rewards (converted to fiat) will increase alongside network demands. 14% is an arbitrary number, but it's also a rough equilibrium point. When the fiat rewards are greater than 14% (an ROI comparable to high yield dividends), the price of LINK will go up, thus regulating that percentage. Because who doesn't want to park their money in something with that kind of growth. These are basic market dyanmics, user. Get a clue

LINK tokens are used as collateral value. Smartcontracts will use Chainlink nodes that carry a % value of LINK to the value of the Smartcontract. So yes, you can start a node without LINK but no one will use it. High value smartcontracts or any contract that has value will use nodes that carry the same or a % of value of LINK. So you understand that Chainlink is the new protocol much like https is except there is a token. And now, you have a chance to invest in connectivity and know when the network is growing your bag grows.

Wrong. Did you cap

It's not just the node return. It's the network effect and the ever expanding size of the network itself.
People will hoard these tokens creating an even greater scarcity.
Did you really think it's just network usage that causes it to appreciate? You're acting with utmost authority about "muh market dynamics" but seem to forget this isn't anything close to a traditional investment. I'm under the impression node return will only equate to a slight return percentage in the greater scheme of things.
You seem to forget just how many smart contracts WILL disrupt?

When massive OTC deals start being awarded to massive corporations the node return will not matter since it shows they're committing to a valuable yet uncertain business ecosystem. This will push the price/return higher than you can begin to imagine. These markets act in waves. First was BTC/buying drugs. Second was a pseudo programming language(healthy bubble that popped). Third is actual use rising from the ashes.

>node return
What do you guys mean by this? Actively participating in the system///running a node on your CPU? Or is it all passive?

I don't think you get anons point. He's not giving on any hard cap on where LINK can go, other than just to say that the market price will adjust according to actual staking returns in the long run.

I.e. if owning 10 link pays you $100 per year, the market will value LINK at $4000

theyll be available to accredited investors only

Yes and my point is that's nulled due to a growing network. That's the "traditional" value based on old heuristics. The market will value it at 4,000 sure but there's more uses for a node than merely processing information (that isn't quantifiable since it's such a new investment). There will always be a new corporation offering their API information or needing their shit processed. They're not always going to be running their own nodes... The node return could be 1% and it would still be worth more than any traditional ETF etc since you're buying a fragment of something decentralized that will continue snowballing.

Attached: file.png (682x514, 130K)

>>>(((qualified buyers)))

Yep. Of course. Can't have the peasants taking responsibility for their finances can we? Quick shill: Blocksquare already has tokenised real estate, and has paid dividends on rentals. Was skeptical (Eastern Europe - good coders, better scammers) but they came through and continue to develop it. Cheap af right now of course.

Chainlink uses the Ethereum network to pay people running nodes.

good post but would you fuck off? I'm just trying to explain the most tangible mechanism, which will still make us filthy rich alone

That's an APR brainlet. It's an average including drops and plateaus. It'll have its booms along the way with those giant jumps (so early adopters will make it), but for businesses that get in later, a solid & safe 14% is still great. Stop being a greedy child.

Most won't make it since they will sell early.

Attached: 2018-12-11-193406_1007x287_scrot.png (1007x287, 192K)

Attached: DAF0893D-81A3-4612-9FFE-67E59F740503.jpg (226x250, 6K)

Enjoy wasting all of mommy and daddy's money chasing moons while we accumulate wealth steadily.

Gotta make sure you an accredited investor goyim.

>Bloomberg businessweek
>Mike (((Novogratz))))

Attached: its afraid.jpg (222x227, 11K)

> taking a generalized statement about icos and trying to apply it to utility tokens which will serve as collateral for secure b2b smartcontracts
Do fudders just sit in a shed and sniff paint in their downtime? I swear this gets more retarded each time.

Attached: pepe-the-frog-meme-9.jpg (500x484, 75K)

based

Attached: 1515106619412.jpg (600x656, 47K)

it talks about security tokens and not about utility tokens, chainlink is clearly utiility. what the article talks about sounds more like certain other projects.

Chilli on b

Is this some sort of new york slang I am not aware of?

There will never be 50,000% returns again.

Attached: images (2).jpg (280x180, 5K)

source: some random anonymous faggot

>14% sounds about right

He is stating in general terms. You'll still have some coins/tokens that moon for one reason or another, just like stocks don't keep a steady 8% return. Some will take off for some reason or another, others may dump hard.

>Why the fuck would someone pay $1000 for a token yielding 14%?

I don't understand the logic here. I get that you aren't happy about a 14%, but what does that have to do with price necessarily. 14% is 14% whether it is 1 link for $1k or 1000 link at $1.

Chainlink listed on binance, we know nigger its been a year

SMARTLANDS CONFIRMED NEXT BIG THING

Attached: bFi6waug_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Chain Link on Bitmex? Shorts here we come.

Might I interest yee in a warm glass of milk?