Should I hard short the Vancouver housing market?

Should I hard short the Vancouver housing market?

It seems like with the recent arrest things should come crashing down soon.

Attached: 1539526961237.jpg (1200x900, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/10/2dfcdc47631095/portland-condo-buildings-broke.html
cnbc.com/2018/07/26/international-buyers-are-dropping-out-of-us-housing-market.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What arrest?

Attached: zombie boomer09845904.png (583x428, 184K)

The Huawei girl.

Attached: 1530831883343.png (428x404, 159K)

10/10 Pokégirls

Why do you think this would have any effect? There was never any pretense that fucking with the US wouldn't get you in trouble in Canada. They're smart enough to see where the US and Canada are coming from, while the arbitrary retaliation is only making the contrast with the CCP even stronger. Rich chinese people still want to gtfo and Hongcouver is still the top destination along with Australia.

Foreign buyers are not keeping housing prices up. They were turning a boom into a bubble though, which is why the government wisely instituted that tax.

Attached: canada vancouver foreign.png (920x630, 64K)

They buy through corporate shells or other such entities. Don't believe the numbers. Permanent residency is also very easy to acquire these days; a matter of days if you have enough money. Even the Huawei princess had Canadian permanent residency, that expired in 2009.

when is the rent gonna come down? fucking yaletown studios are at least 2k per month

how do you do this on robinhood?

That’s gotta slowdown at some point.... right?

Attached: 1496806355378.jpg (500x300, 34K)

If I recall correctly it was almost parabolic last year, which is why they instituted the tax. So this is the slow down period.

Never

Props to them for trying to make burnaby less shitty though. Let’s see them try surrey

the chinks put 40.5 billion into west coast american real estate. not skyscrapers either, like fucking condo's.

I doubt it was that much
a few billion sure, not 40

It's not foreign buyers, it's the fucking immigrants who all want to come to the cities of Canada. (Especially the warmest big city of Canada).

you are right, it wasn't that much

>Asian buyers have become a significant force in larger West Coast cities, and Chinese buyers alone bought $30.4 billion in U.S. real estate over the year ending in March, according to the National Association of Realtors.

oregonlive.com/expo/news/erry-2018/10/2dfcdc47631095/portland-condo-buildings-broke.html

Maybe you should build more affordable housing? Like a lot more.

I stand corrected, carry on

>Foreign buyers accounted for 8 percent of the $1.6 trillion in existing home sales, a drop from 10 percent the previous year.
cnbc.com/2018/07/26/international-buyers-are-dropping-out-of-us-housing-market.html
But yeah I'm sure the chinks are why all housing in the economically productive parts of the US is so expensive. It has nothing to do with america's retarded housing policies or anything.

What could fix it

Yes, but there isn't a good way to properly do it. Quantitative Tightening is going to BTFO the brainlets who are recursively daisy-chaining HELOCs into real estate into equity into HELOCs into real estate in the belief that they will be able to cash out against millennials and Asians. The heavily laundered luxury segment that generated the trickle out effect is down more than 10% YoY and that cascade has been what sustained the market here for years.

How do you make money