DUDE

DUDE
FREE MARKET
LMAO
>ships jobs overseas to slave laborers

Name one single thing wrong with protectionism

Attached: 621E5EA2-760C-4C2A-8D2D-79AF8765144C.jpg (477x640, 56K)

Trump raised steel import tariffs to supposedly help the american economy. Because of this, steel price rose, generated 1$ billion in new costs for General Motors, and now they're closing 5 factories (all of them in the US) and firing 15% of their employees

protectionism is very gey so fuck yu

it's a form of aggression

Attached: 97824968249.jpg (450x564, 32K)

Without a local steel industry your military is a paper tiger. Long term as the steel industry grows in the US steel becomes cheaper there and car companies more competitive.

Are you sure the local steel industry is growing? or that it will grow? The american economy is about to collapse because of inflationary policies. Look at the current credit expansion since 2008, it's very similar to that of 1921-1928

No but I'm sure protectionism often works, I've seen it done. Local business grows and innovates instead of everything being bought up by monolithic international corporations.

Capitalism with strong protectionism is based.
Does anyone have data on tariffs during the founding father's time? It was pretty high then too

Furthermore free markets and protectionism aren't necessarily opposed.
It's not a "free" market when every other country is fucking weimerica with tarrifs while they don't have tarrifs of their own to compete

Lol. Wouldn't have been a problem if GM didn't ship the majority of their jobs to China in the first place.
Also they make crappy cars they might aswell collapse

So they’re not being propped up by chinks anymore and being market corrected to sustainable levels
That’s a good thing maybe now GM’s cars will stop being shit

Protectionism is against capitalism.

Why would it be bad if they’re making 1 billion this year instead of the 2 billion last year :/. I think they should’ve sucked it up and stay in the USA

A free market is a national thing. It's free inside your own country, for people of your own country.

Getting tariffed is against capitalism you pussy, fight back.

but GM is closing factories in the US because it's harder to mantain them in the US in the first place. Hell, they have a factory in fucking Brazil that is still operating. This also serves to show that closing factories was a better option than buying metal from within the US, be either because of lack of offer or because it would be more expensive or whatever

Also idk if their cars are crap or not I'm just giving an example on how protectionist policy did the opposite of what it was aiming for

>Also idk if their cars are crap
Ask mechanics their cars are crap and overpriced. Do you think Japan use slave labour to produce infinitely better cars and at a lower price?
Remember the GM bailout? Their a shit company that doesn't know how to operate anything.
Ask mechanics and people with experience with their cars. They're pure shit. That's why I say they deserve to die.
The only reason they've been abolle to survive so long is because of American government support.

Do you know what protectionism is? Do you know what tariffs are?

>lack of offer
Yes, that's it. Do you not get it?

>Have steel factories
>Start using foreign steel
>Your factories lose business
>Keep doing this
>Steel factories shut down.

Now just reverse that.

>Stop using foreign steel
>Demand for local steel goes up, but supply of steel goes down
>Local steel factories can finally sell enough to function
>People open more steel factories
>Steel supply back up, prices go back down

Are you a boomer? Can you not see the future business model and only look at this year's buck?

Yes, and tariffs are part of protectionism. You say using them on your rivals is against capitalism. Having them used on you is against capitalism more. We didn't start this and we will finish it, my policies are actually in effect in the real world, your armchair arguments are castles made of sand. Pretending you win an internet argument won't make a difference, what I want done is actually being done by the United States government. Suck on that for a while.

Attached: 1505959427444.gif (400x348, 1.57M)

I'm really astonished at how brainwashed the field of economics is on this matter
Does nobody see the problem with free trade and where the market equilibrium lies when you're dealing with nations that outbred yours by 10 to 1
at some point opportunity cost and comparative advantage cease to have any meaning and money is just flowing out of your lands
You already see western companies being bought out by Chinese investors, western companies bending over backwards to appease those sprawling markets. Economists seem to think everyone is playing the borderless, individualist, race-blind game they are and it simply isn't true.

And capitalism is trash. So are communism and its variations. It was a false dichotomy pushed on the west during the Cold War by conflating private property with capitalism even though the former has existed for far longer. The government doesn't exist to enrich multinational businesses.

Yeah and the USA has some much land your bound to find tons of iron. I don't see why you guys don't fix your shit up.
The Chinese actually made an announcement that they are learning they ways of the Jews and the way they manipulate markets for control. They're spreading their tentacles everywhere and the only way to stop them from taking over the world economy is their military intervention.
At this state China is gonna be the next global power undoubtedly. There is nothing people can do about this

>China is going to take over any minute
is what people have been saying for thousands of years, gooks always blow it.

if this soothes you, China is about to experience the burst of their own bubble as well, and their economy will soon break. It's not like they had an economical model that could be mantained in long term, they fucking built ghost cities with given credit of the government

There's 2 problems with this, one is, steel factories doesn't necessarily have to sell raw materials to national industries only, they can also export their product, so they have means to mantain their own production. The second problem is that you're implying the US can be self sustainable, which is true in the sense that the US can produce something like 98% of what they consume, at the price of halting exporting, suffering an increase on the price of everything, and destroying their own environment

also im just a zoomer

For thousands of years there has always been a swing of superiority between the west and the east. It's like a pendulum. The west is going for collapse whilst the east is picking up. It's always been that way. Don't pretend lots of eastern civilizations haven't collapsed aswell
It's not like other countries aren't indebted to China and would suffer too if China collapsed. They've still are and have set all their pieces in play.
That's why they've solidified the communist party and their leader to insure they don't deviate from the plan.

>Name one single thing wrong with protectionism
You pay wayyyyyyyyy more for imported shit
You become less competitive
You become poorer

There you go retard

You pay more for specific protected products to build up your local industry, food security, military etc. The tariffs get paid to the government so they can decrease the tax burden. Tariffs on a few key hedonist nigger products like big screen TVs goes a long way to cover the total US income tax since you all spend your entire income on hedonist nigger shit anyway.

>imported shit becomes less competitive
>make my own shit
WoaH!