/smg/ - Stock Market General

Farm Bill 2018 edition

Congress is voting on Farm Bill this afternoon. Senate passed yesterday.

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: industrial_hemp3.jpg (2048x1365, 2.64M)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/biz/thread/S12088298#p12092212
reddit.com/r/RobinHood/comments/a5jvjr/update_on_options_trading_status/
youtube.com/watch?v=UfkhUkmCrps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TQQQ

I burnt my mouth eating pizza hut :(

Attached: 1520712542456.png (497x467, 29K)

dude weed lmao

REEEEEEEEEEE go back down my money clears tomorrow

QLD AND SSO BROS RISE UP

TAKE THE VOLATILITY AND BRING YOUR IRON HANDS FOR THOSE RETIREMENT GAINS

VXX is trying hard as fuck to cross below the 200-ma of the 15 minutes. Only then will the Great Bull Run be secure.

Sue them for 10 Million Dollars, call that Lawyer at 1-800-WELL-FUCK-EM

bull says hi

Attached: Fighting_Bull_Anime_Infobox.png (1020x490, 481K)

Attached: Golden Bull.jpg (300x274, 49K)

Hambaga Green day

Attached: weed.png (1250x1156, 877K)

sell YUM

Attached: piz.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 19K)

How are the RH options guys holding up? Still BTFO?

Anyone willing to drop the google drive for the books?

COME ON CRESCO LABS LET'S BUST THAT 8 BUCK RESISTANCE!

Attached: AnimuFIST.png (965x720, 664K)

Nice lol. In an unrelated note, I think OPEC+ cuts will take to long to implement/may not be implemented in earnest, so prices will continue downwards. I'm eyeing WTI ~40$ as a good entry point.

>had an account for two years
>suddenly this pops up
>click on it and get brought back to this same screen
Lol lucky I took all my shekels out last month.

Attached: 7B64E3D9-61FB-4EC0-83A9-7399CA6A10B6.png (750x1334, 130K)

One hour, Five minutes.

I guess this is robinfeels telling you to lol get a real broker?

Any Bongs tried FreeTrade yet? It's like Robinhood but I only just got through the queue

warosu.org/biz/thread/S12088298#p12092212
it looks like he didnt want it on here directly so i'm linking the archives which has it

i don't know shit about the oil market, but with oil at that price there are going to be a lot of oil related companies that are unable to service their already junk rated debt. would buy some OTM puts on them as a hedge if you wanted one

Nasdaq 7k end of day

Attached: 1544240381693.jpg (1080x1195, 454K)

who here /buying Uber/ and /buying Lyft/ when they IPO?

what is the best % day for each of the DOW Chadaq and SP500 all time? have we ever have a +10% day?

JNJ hit new ATH for real today.

That's a good idea. I believe $50 is close to the break even point for US shale, so you've got a point.

there were several 12-15% days in the 1930s

Attached: Goldenbull5.png (610x599, 441K)

based boomer stocks

is the golden bull back

Attached: 1544060990606.png (840x854, 545K)

deleting just in case

anyway were back on the bull train

Attached: gw.jpg (227x222, 24K)

Told you nerds to buy the banks, hope someone listened.

Attached: 1544474171715.png (646x700, 198K)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i was about to crash for the night and saw im up green on everything and i made so much god dam money in NVAX i am set for the next couple of months if i sell now but il hold for now we will all make it

Attached: 1543426620759.png (680x778, 629K)

I wish anybody listened around here.

Best day was when the FED hit the ASK for about 10 trillion during the stimulus package.

Attached: 1522496715711.png (622x641, 379K)

I’m gonna short the fuck out of them soon as I can

>account still closed, can't increase my put positions from this morning or close call positions gains from yesterday

It's a frustrating kind of feel.

Attached: 1543852147274.gif (191x192, 884K)

Every month re organize my portfolio to divies, keep them for a week and sell them all just to go back to trading TQQQ

Cohen bragged he owned trump, took huge payments from businesses and tried to milk it

media wont talk much about that aspect of this

3 years is light

Test

Ok so im a divie, what strategy do you use on TQQQ and SQQQ, i have them on my watch list and i just stare at them

WHY IS THE SPY STOPPED GOING UP!!!!! WE MUST HURT THE BEARS UNTIL THEY FUCKING GO AWAY!!!

>there are people who think Theresa May isn't doing everything possible to try and sabotage brexit and keep UK in EU

it's amazing, perhaps a remain establishment tool might be doing things to keep UK in the EU.. hmm

Funny people think it's actual buffoonery and not just planned fuck ups by her.

Robinhood is broken today, people are freaking out about it. (And rightly so). Check out the robinhood subreddit (sort by new) for some more info. If you do more digging about it, please Post anything else you find here too, i and I am sure many other anons will be very interested as well if you find anything out. It’s not you though or your end, it’s them.

Here is their announcement about it:
reddit.com/r/RobinHood/comments/a5jvjr/update_on_options_trading_status/

All you guys being optimistic is the biggest sell signal

Attached: 9E1F41E0-0BE1-43A0-B644-23F680AA4DBB.jpg (665x654, 179K)

This happens all the time with RH. I'll never fort the day that I lost hundreds because I couldn't exit a position at open. You really do get what you pay for.

Golden bull run will be fuelled by central banks. It is mathematically impossible for stocks to go down.

AHHHHHH I'M LOSING MY ASS!!!!

*forget

tis exact same thign happend yesterday at the exact same time...chill jus remember how yesterday ended

Jesus I'm just fucking up left and right. Time to stop posting.

Robinhood is god mode if you are just buying and holding, but making any legitimate moves in it is an awful idea indeed

This. NEed info.

I wasn't trading yesterday I was out of day trades. I'm just going to sell my VXX puts and eat the fucking loss. This fucking sucker's rally this morning, I guess the markets just aren't for me.

farthest I go is swing trading tvix and spxl every now and then, worried I wont be able to sell peaks at some point like a few weeks back after those trump comments

Doesn’t this same risk apply with any brokerage firm though? It just happened to hit robinhood, but any centralized brokerage service must be susceptible to the same “muh errors” problem, even if it doesn’t occur very often in practice. Personally, I haven’t had any problems with robinhood whatsoever until today (with about 1 year as a user), but today could have been a big problem, I’m just lucky that it wasn’t. If I had more money on the line , today would be enough for me to look elsewhere. Sadly, this is in my price range, so I suppose I also have to pay for a bit more of risk. This is pretty shady though, brokerage services are a mess and screw everybody, I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand the purpose or necessity of middleman brokerage services when we have the internet and ability to trustlessly verify contracts / underlying source code.
Anyway, blog post over. sorry for the rant.

Don’t give up fren

>Doesn’t this same risk apply with any brokerage firm though?
This has happened multiple times this year alone. ustocktrade had 1 or 2 as well.

None of the big brokers had an outage like this. probably because they have an actual server farm instead of running their company from their dorm room.
so your theory is rubbish.

RH is for scrubs.

What's with all the Reddit posters lately? Anyone notice how many newfags have been poping up on Jow Forums lately?

WHYS IT GOING DOWN

>ability to trustlessly verify contracts
you really think that immutability is a desired trait when it comes to stock ownership?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rally was fake and gay.

you're probably the most reddit tier person here desu

some faggot posted the /smg/ link on reddit like a few days ago

It's great, the whole subr*ddit is on suicide watch.

Attached: 10.png (662x494, 74K)

SPY CRASHING!!! SELL SELL SELL. Fake rally.

I thought we'd rally toward spy 270 again and that was when we would test lows again

they haven't yet been just'd by losing half their portfolio overnight when some shitty generic pharma company drops from $13.50 to $5.50 overnight

give it time, something like that will weed out a bunch of them

RH is written in python
I was considering applying to work at Robinhood before I learned this
what a fucking mistake

What is going on here?

Attached: 5620B0F8-5EC2-464B-AB77-33953CFEB155.png (750x1334, 89K)

Your account was fully reset. Stocks are gone. Hope you have some proof of your holdings to show them and maybe get a small compensation.

Where's my lci short squeeze you and guy slick hair man promised me??

Attached: 1544476194817.jpg (217x232, 12K)

lmao

someone ran "DELETE FROM stocks;" in their database and forgot the "WHERE user_id = 2;" clause.

RIP

For real?

Thats strange... I've been on Jow Forums 8+ years and I've been on Reddit maybe 4 times my entire life...

Yeah, RH just lost all my money.

VXX wasn't supposed to do this we were supposed to break that 200 ema and fucking go to the moon! The Crypto guys are laughing at us right now FFS.

Continued profit taking on MPX Bioceuticals this morning. Still have a little bit of that position left. May reenter if it goes in to bull flag pattern rather than tipping off resistance as it did yesterday and today.

Entered position on Green Thumb Industries. Broke out this morning. Closely watching Aleafia for signs of trend reversal (no position yet).

Curaleaf and Cresco Labs doing fab. Canopy Growth broke out yesterday and consolidating today, neutral for now. I'd like to see Canopy hold 43.50(CAN) for close but it's not critical.

Attached: nya590c0a75c116904.png (700x963, 456K)

not my problem
you should have done your own research moron stupid

if you would have you wouldnt be worried right now

Attached: chiwawa-chihuahua-dog-at-home-B70EW8.jpg (867x1390, 94K)

You got Bernie Madoff'd by robinhood kiddos.

Exit scam in progress everyone

If I keep watching the chart it won't go down.

Will make a DD post on GALT later this week, since people keep asking me why I'm holding it
Also, thank you for going bearish on GALT yesterday, Comfy

Attached: galt.png (560x315, 19K)

OH NO NO NO NO

WHY R WE DOWN AAAA

My stocks are still in my account I can still see the price, number of shares, todays return and my total return and all other info. I just can’t see my full account balance.

SOUR HOUR INCOMING

youtube.com/watch?v=UfkhUkmCrps

Haven’t had an issue today.

Should i take my profit on NWL or wait out this volatility?

Same here
I heard that options trading is fucked up, but that doesn't affect me at all

Here is chart for Green Thumbs. Break out of the descending trend. Looks like it should hold around $14 for close. Resistances are around ~15, 15.60, and 17.

Attached: GTII2.jpg (1842x935, 394K)

this

Fuck it, I know how to read this chart and am shrewd enough to know when to cut my losses and just long VXX and right fucking now is that time.

>The indicies just erased all of their intra-day gains

Attached: 1544638738641.jpg (155x177, 7K)

Fucking Brits creating headlines driving a sell off.

Attached: UK Bombing BJ.jpg (936x556, 123K)

>muh golden bull run

Attached: 1481151570286.png (439x445, 349K)

We did yesterday too then Went green again within the last hour and i know u saw what happend ATH