Start a business

>be me, 34
>7 years wagecucking at cubicle american company
>Learn web dev, make VBA macros (that's what they use here)
>Make cool reporting solutions and whatnot
>No raise, bored, life slipping away

Not whining, but I grew up in working class family, no college degrees, no knowledge in business. I'm just learning all that stuff but can't make up my mind on wtf to do.

I know I have a good set of skills, some cash saved up. Need to quit this shit but pussy out because I don't know what I would do.

Any business ideas that are good to start out?

>Tl;dr business ideas for an old retard that wants to quit job

Attached: 1504036284460.png (900x623, 40K)

Start a utility related Co.
Hire a good worker and start hunting for contracts. Advertise to houses in your area, utility Co's in your area.

Utility as in house maintenance/construction?
>Foreign fag here

What is a utility company?

Utilities here are all state run monopolies. So if that's what the user meant, can't do it here.

I was going to help right up to the point you typed tl;dr. My advice is now fuck off to R*ddit and kill yourself, then fuck off some more

I would if i had a reddit account. Tl;dr is for anons that want brief shit, if you're not one of them and got offended go fuck yourself.

sound cool fren. i run a small marketing agency. i don't know much about macros but i bet they'd help. reporting is a big issue for us.

Attached: !.jpg (689x795, 63K)

Tl;dr came from this site you fucking newfaggot

Wish I had frens like you irl.

If you run your data on Excel, then macros are pretty cool; automating tasks, connecting to data sources, scraping websites, automating mailing lists, reporting etc. But truth is, there are better tools nowadays.
I guess I could freelance that as a consultancy or something... You as a business owner would pay for that type of thing or you rather hire a wageslave?

>Excel
I meant VBA macros.

Utility conexed.
Not like running sewages and power plants.
But in that field. You could make small works that the big Co's refuse, like laying 3 meters of pipe, or replacing some broken connections. Also domestic stuff like repairing stuff in people's houses.
Big Co's allways outsource stuff smaller than $10k.

Whatever business you start you're going to need to actually have some passion about it. The boomer fallacy is that everyone hates what they do so if you enjoy what you're doing then it must not be work. In reality, if you don't like what you're doing, you will almost certainly never excel at it or be an elite performer. No one can answer the question of what sort of business you should start because it's a journey and decision that is ultimately on you. If you're looking for inspiration, you could start a proprietary trading firm, you could start a property management company, a food truck, a clothing line (probably a horrible idea, but again just throwing ideas out there), you can try to get in on angel investing, open up a gym, franchise a restaurant or fast food place, and so on and so on. There is no short supply of things you can do and if you get good at almost any of them, there is big money to be made, but to get good at them you have to have enough passion about them that you can work on it for 10-12 hours a day every day, think about it non-stop, and the majority of the time not have it feel like work. There's always bullshit and that feels like "work" but overall, it should feel like a really special project you're working on. It should be like you're raising your own puppy or painting your own masterpiece. That's sort of why no one can tell you what to start and have it mean anything. No one can tell you what dog (or pet in general) YOU should get or what picture YOU should paint. All I can say is that there are more opportunities out there than skilled and passionate people to take advantage of them. I guess one last thing would be, whatever you do, make sure it can scale.

Thanks for the golden advise user, truly.

Sure thing. Persevere and make things happen.

Would you say that is it reasonable to start a buainess on the side? Or it iaa unsustainable due to conflict of schedule and energy?
I have no debts and saved up enough to live 2 years lowering my lifestyle

whats your pay? i diddle in excel for a living, but my work sounds more appreciated than yours.

Start freelance copywriting then turn it into an agency and outsource the writing to contractors

My salary is 1500 dollars, here it's a good salary. But I don't care at this point. I'm making cool creative solutions for the company, out of boredom and because I like making cool things. But never got a good deal. Best thing I could negotiate is them being flexible and not breaking my balls when I'm late etc.

what country? 1500/month?

Uruguay. It's like 5 times minimum salary I think.

Attached: 59b319004ce19.jpg (580x387, 107K)