ETH mooned because normies bought ETH directly to buy ICOs they were basically forced to buy ETH...

ETH mooned because normies bought ETH directly to buy ICOs they were basically forced to buy ETH... In LINKs scenario noone will need to buy LINK tokens..

And as a matter of a node operation, will 100s of projects bring enought money flow for us to be able to make at least a decent staking profit ?

If we are not going to see massive profit from staking i just dont see why LINK should moon because of 100s of teams...

Attached: chainlibk fail.jpg (1826x1006, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nordicapis.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-pricing-your-api/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

those "normies" made a lot more money than you buying literally any ICO in 2017. if you have been wise enough to buy ICOs in 2017, you wouldn't be here right now. Please fuck off and kill yourself

link tokens will be used as collaterals by smart contracts, staked links will be blocked out of exchanges, and out of circulation...meaning lower suply, meaning higher link prices...

>In LINKs scenario noone will need to buy LINK tokens..
Projects using the network will buy tokens, normies will buy to stake.

>And as a matter of a node operation, will 100s of projects bring enought money flow for us to be able to make at least a decent staking profit ?
Only 1 of the hundreds of teams using the chainlink mainnet needs to succeed to drive maaaajor traffic.

>If we are not going to see massive profit from staking i just dont see why LINK should moon because of 100s of teams...

You are retarded.It has been known all along that LINK will moon because of adoption (i.e. USAGE by 100s of teams), NOT normie retail FOMO.

I suggest you look into the API economy, look into Oraclize's charges and number of transactions it does per day.... Staking will indeed be profitable.
also, network effect.

I think we can work out the income you could make from a node based on the number of monetised API requests that are being made nowadays by traditional businesses and the amount they charge.
>nordicapis.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-pricing-your-api/
Assume that smart contracts requiring external data become mainstream and the crypto API economy reaches the same size as the regular API economy now.
Let’s take the “hobbyist” from nordicapis.com as equivalent to a NEET running a chainlink node. That’s 688,991 calls per month. Per year it’s 8,267,892 calls. Say you charge $0.01 per call, which nordicapi reports, and is the minimum Oraclize charges. That’s $82,678.92 a year. IBM Watson charges $0.0025 per call which would be $20,669.73 per year.

Docusign says for their API that "You may not exceed 1,000 API requests per account per hour". So 1000 per hour is 24,000 a day, times 1 cent per job is $87,600 per year per node operator. With 19,000 node operators (Sergey's number) serving 1000 API requests per hour that's a total revenue of all nodes of $1,664,400,000 per year. That’s only 0.08% of $2.2 trillion (estimated total value of API economy in 2018).
>However it’s unlikely all 19,000 nodes will be high level business, many will probably be hobbyists

I don’t think Chainlink nodes will receive that many jobs upon mainnet launch. But as the smart contract economy grows it will need more and more APIs. I would strongly suggest running a link node and holding it until mainstream adoption.

The beauty of Chainlink is that it could 100x with literally zero speculative retail faggots on board. Only with node operators competing with each other for market share. That's why people are excited about main net, because market sentiment literally doesn't matter after that.

checked, based and singularitypilled

Thoughts on price once mainnet is released and usage is common?
Trying to judge how much i need to accumulate.

This is a really nice thought, but taht's not what circulating supply means. IF that were the case every BTC in a cold wallet wouldn't be circulating. Linkies are fucking retarded I swear.

>I think we can work out the income you could make from a node based on the number of monetised API requests that are being made nowadays by traditional businesses and the amount they charge.
lmao
"I think we can work out the income you could make selling personal computers from the number of people that buy abacuses"

Checked for the rughr answer

Will there be an stacking limit per node?
Thanks for the calculation.

this is a terrible fud thread.

ethereum is a platform users and developers rushed to want to use because made things not possible possible before in a huge way. chainlink doesn't have any of that, because at it's core even if it's tech worked (which it doesn't, at least not very well) its still reliant on a smart contract platform (ethereum) to do anything with.

so in the fantasy world where chainlink magically fixes all of its problems and becomes a usable network, all of the value created flows right back into ethereum, because it's just made ethereum a more valuable network.

link node income will be from making API calls, something which is already done by various companies, such as Oraclize.
Oracle node income is a function of price per call and number of calls.
Therefore we can have a look at the number of calls currently being made in the API economy as it stands right now.
What is so difficult to understand about that, are you retarded?

I only need $20 LINK to be rich so who gives a fuck ! That's happening with 1 year eassssyyyyyyyyyy

How tf is $20 enuf

OP chainlink is a business to business token. Thers actually no need for "normies" to buy link. The businesses themselves will make the price rise due to them using the network.
Also just in case you are a moron that doesn't know how Link works. The whole 1k EOY thing is because once mainnet is out, the network usage itself will drive the price up because Link is required to be purchased to use it. So Link can have it's mainnet launched, and go to 1k without anyone ever knowing about it or hyping it. No need to shill.
If you do shill, you are actually shooting yourself in the foot. Best thing to do is shut up and accumulate more. 1k is fucking guaranteed by mainnet usage alone, don't need anyone else to buy for it to go up. People trying to shill this are just showing they don't know how Link really works. The more you know about Link, the less you want to shill it. this is what these fucking faggots dont understand. OP is a dumb faggot whos not done accumulating poor fuck.

Attached: E139E7B0-D684-46F6-9B95-11B9873B1B96.jpg (1136x639, 94K)

It's the idea that current volume is any indicator when the space is due to be revolutionised in the coming years that is retarded. It's like looking at current demand for freeways when the car was about to be invented.

That's 2mil for 100k link, which is only $20k atm

Without Chainlink all platforms die.

think about. 100s of billions of dollars poured into smartcontracts and still no body really uses them. Why?

Because Chainlink is not yet live. Smartcontracts are nothing wihtout LINK to bridge data to it. Once LINK is live we will see SC usage.

Keep in mind Chainlink will be the reason ETH scales faster because LINK can handle offchain computation writing the answers back on to the blockchain for execution.

Now think of this, ETH was valuable because people thought that ETH would carry all the data. If the LINK nodes are the ones carring all the data then what is ETH good for other then to just be the executioner the agreement.

>conservative estimates based on real world data are retarded

Attached: 1544147499551.gif (298x224, 3.59M)

Staking will be a full-time job. Corporations based in input data will be created and they will use the Link token. In the end this will be a new economic sector and wars will be fought for the Link token.

This is false. Companies that use the Chain Link Network won't buy Link tokens. They will request inputs, pay for the inpuy and the Chain Link network will handle it. Whatever happens inbetween is out of the scope of the company requesting data.

It doesn't matter what its based on. You didn't address his point and your faggot cope GIF fools no one.

So if all node ops are paid in Link and they don't sell it, or sell a small fraction and just hoard tokens what will the price action be ?
$1k is fud frens

>Now think of this, ETH was valuable because people thought that ETH would carry all the data. If the LINK nodes are the ones carring all the data then what is ETH good for other then to just be the executioner the agreement.

Well said and check'd