I am currently receiving monthly payments from an a structured settlement at $500 a month for 3 years...

I am currently receiving monthly payments from an a structured settlement at $500 a month for 3 years, $1000 a month for 10 years, and then a $170,000 lump sum after the 13 years for a grand total of around $300,000.

If I were to sell the settlement I would receive $125,000. So I would need to make $175,000 in 13 years in order for it to be worthwhile. I am currently in my first year of college (2 year degree), have no debt, and am able to live with my parents until I graduate, so no bills for now. I am not working and have $0 in savings. Tuition is only $2,500 a semester, the only real expense I would have is health insurance.

What are some low risk options for growing the $125,000? Assuming I lose ~25% in high-risk investments, could I still meet my target of $300,000+ with the rest? I was told that I could leave my money with a financial adviser and he could invest for me but that's not a 100% sure thing is it? What would you do in my position?

Attached: 8826a7c0c8b6dd82ca276761fc6a9f18--cute-asian-girls-beautiful-asian-girls.jpg (640x847, 69K)

What you're asking for is about 7% APR. Pretty much impossible with low-risk investments. You should invest in worldwide stock ETFs to have a moderate risk investment that is capable of achieving this kind of return.

Dividend aristocrats and REITs will get you 7% easy and is pretty low risk.

not exactly low risk with a recession looming, they'll have to cut those dividends hard

Don't sell it you absolute retard

As it stands your net worth is fucking 0 and you have zero expenses. You're in a perfect position to just save everything for now and build capital. That's $6k a year and then $12k a year. For THIRTEEN years. That's a basic income for a minimum wagie part-timer in the UK. For doing NOTHING. That is literally the dream and more than I make from my shitty dividends.

You're also young and liable to blow everything like a spaz anyway, if you do sell. Take my advice and play the long game. You will never make it with impatience. For now put half of your monthly income from this into a savings account and invest the rest into an index fund. Keep doing this and forget about it.

Also tell us what the settlement is for.

If you're legit I'll buy your settlement for 130k

this, don't fucking sell it

Please post this to reddit so we can track and watch you lose your entire settlement over the next few years.

Attached: pfobtr.jpg (396x382, 41K)

So.. what is this settlement about? What happened?

Guess I'm thinking too greedily. Was hoping I could invest part in crypto and still be comfy if it fails. What's the usual APR for low risk investments? Maybe it's worth falling a little short of $300k in 13 years for the moonshot.

Medical malpractice.

Fuck off.

sell settlement, blow it on gambling, cocaine, whores and die of a heart attack.

>Medical malpractice.
Now you're just teasing, more info please

Attached: IMG_6938.jpg (1600x1066, 398K)

Experienced massive pain on the left part of my groin. Went to hospital to be examined and they concluded that there was no problem. The next day I wake up and my left nut is swollen like a bitch. Testicular tortion, lost the left nut. Sued and settled.

I HAVE A STRUCTURED SETTLEMENT AND I NEED CASH NOW...

... CALL J.G. WENTWOTH, 877-CASH NOW!!!

Nice. Did you get a fake one?

For what it's worth don't invest in crypto. BTC if you really have to, but only because it's more likely to hold it's worth. Plus it's down like a motherfucker right now so it might be a good time to buy. For god's sake diversify and don't go all-in Link like some idiots will tell you here.

Nah, figured it would be more uncomfortable with a prosthetic.

I understand that crypto is extremely risky, but I'd rather take a risk and try to get rich young than play it safe and at best be rich in my 40's.

I'm leaning towards just investing my monthly payments now though. Hopefully crypto continues to shit itself for a while longer.

Dont sell it.

Get a job. Start taking the money you get and dumping into ETFs and diversify.

You can dollar cost average that shit the whole way down and if the market does crash really hard, you're going to be juiced you didn't take the 125k and buy the top.

Most people dont get opportunities like this to build wealth...dont fuck it up by being dumb and young.

they didnt give you an ultrasound???

Not saying you're wrong, but it's a bit funny considering that JNJ dropped 10% today.

Don't think so. It was a few years ago so I don't remember exact details.

you would remember, they put gel on your and wave the thing around.

Asian women >>>>>>>>>>>>>> white "women"

Definitely not then. I had no idea my balls were at risk until they sent me home.

*until after

whats the purchasing power of that 170,000 in 13 years gonna be?

you'd be an absolute fool to think your remaining 170k USD is going to be worth shit in 23 years. take the money now park at least 1/4 in precious metals.

Who said anything about 23 years?

13*** point still stands