>he fell for the buy a car meme

Attached: Capture.png (948x290, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29BWpMsordY
youtube.com/watch?v=C_I55rV3Lnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fell for the drink water meme

Did you buy a lambo?

No you dumb shit. Move to a place that doesn’t need cars.

What do you mean you’ll have to live in the ghetto?

Did you know buying a gun and an open carry license is cheaper than owning a fucking car?

Also you fat fucks could use the exercise. Saves on medical bills as well.

Car ownership is a meme.

Attached: 78712A77-95AB-4140-BB4F-F2AA66BF8448.jpg (500x1116, 142K)

would that suggest white neighbourhood is cheaper?

What fucking car did you buy? Unless your net worth is above a million, you really shouldn't be buying a new car, and definitely shouldn't be buying anything that isn't like a Honda Civic or similar cheap, reliable car that is easy to maintain.

You know Detroit had like really cheap
housing until some parts got gentrified. Shit. Some of those fucks made out pretty good. But yeah... They had to avoid stabbing a few years.

But fortune favors the brave... Or idiots.

I seriously can't stand purchasing cars. Why does a depreciating asset cost so fucking much?

Attached: react43.png (538x518, 439K)

I make six figures and don't own a car. The office is a 10 minute walk away.

Due to gentrification of cities owning a car is becoming more of a poorfag thing. Here in Seattle the wealthy use the metro (because it is only good for Seattle shit) while everyone else drives their shitty cars around.

I bought a 2009 Honda Fit.
Used a combination of cash (check) and a cash advance check from my credit card.

More info, pic very related.

Attached: Untitled.png (1602x1020, 146K)

what do you do if you want to go on a road trip or go to an event 30 miles out of town

taxi

Nah they use uber or some other ride sharing service. When you live in a wealthy city gig economy wagies are all over the place.

I thought I was only one who still used quicken financial program. Thank god I ain't alone anymore,lol

Buy a Corolla and be done with it. Hell even a 2005 one, long as it ain't been abused to hell will last a long time still. You can get a top end model used for a fraction of what the bare bones new ones go for now. If the owner took care of it (looks good inside/out, no dents,etc), and it runs ok, then what should it mater how old it is. They all got timeing chains so the most you should have to do to it is brakes, tires, and oil changes. Maybe a new set of plugs.

so those aren't monthly payments... it's fine man. I bought a brand new Honda civic out of college because my boomer parent offered to help with the down payment. Still paying 350 a month but it's not too bad on my income. Having a newer car is nice but definitely not necessary. I'll try to get at least 10 years out of this thing and probably buy used next time

Why the fuck would you go on a road trip like that?

If I want to travel I go to fucking NYC or fly some place.

Why the fuck would I want to go to a bumble fuck place spend more on gas than anything else?

>Buy a Corolla and be done with it.
The Honda Fit is very similar and also has a timing chain, not belt.

No, certainly not monthly payments. I'm just a low paid accountant...lol

I've been doing all the work on the car myself. Just so much stuff to do. Getting sick of the expenses adding up.

Depends where you live and who you know i guess. I've got a lot of friends and family within 500 miles and i'd rather drive a couple hundred than fly that distance. There's also a lot of cool places to visit within a few hundred miles... skiing, hiking, beach, etc. Flying wouldn't make sense.

>fell for the roof over your head meme

>They all got timeing chains so the most you should have to do to it is brakes, tires, and oil changes. Maybe a new set of plugs.
Also not sure what you mean here. There is a boatload of stuff to do to a used car. Certainly more than tires, brakes and oil. You see my list and I still got a long list of stuff:

2019:
-Inspect: hoses, water pump (weeping hole)
-Engine coolant
-Brake Fluid (sucking out with nasal aspirator, estimate of 40% of brake fluid)
-PCV Valve & washer/clamp (17130-PND-A01, 94109-14000, 95002-41250-04)
-Paint touchups/fixes (this is a long term project)
-Lock Nuts
-Lubricate Locks, Hinges, Latches (need silcone spray)
-Inspect engine mounts
Eventually:
-Rear drums (change/inspect rear brakes)
-Check Brake CV Joint Boots and CV axle..
youtube.com/watch?v=29BWpMsordY
-Front discs (change/inspect front brakes)
-Fuel filter
youtube.com/watch?v=C_I55rV3Lnw
-Front winter tires (before winter 2019-2020)
-Suspension

I've had two "new" vehicles. One was a 2000 ford ranger I bought in 2004. Had 25k miles on it. Got it for just under 9k. Lasted me for 10 years. No problems with it, just regular maintenance stuff. Finally blew the engine at 230k miles. Then I got a 2005 (actual build date was 2004) Corolla. It had over 130k miles. Got it cheap. It was the top end model for that year. Drove it for 4 years. No problems. Finally got a sweet deal on my 2nd "new" car;
2014 Corolla, under 55k miles, mint condition. I live in the city so this car will last me a long time. When I drove the ranger I lived way out in the middle of nowhere so lots of miles.

why do you goys worry about the depreciation so much? you can merely take the price plus operating costs and compare to alternatives like proximity to transport or uber.

it only gets retarded when you start regularly churning shit 'luxury' vehicles, normies fuck this up by maxing out finance on their need for late model success cars. but just because the asset depreciates does not mean it cannot be the most economic option

>35 bucks on entertainment last 90 days
What does this guy even do for fun and stress relief? Masturbate into bottles all day?

I'd never buy a brand new car. The second it leaves the lot about 1/4th of the value is lost. So your wasting money. Now ones that are 1 or 4 years old then you can get some value/bang for dollar. Then it depends on what you do, me I live in the city. I literately drive 8 miles round trip to work. The most I drive in a week is just under 100 miles. I don't haul stuff unless you count groceries on occasion. So I don't need some fancy car or truck just to do that. Long as it gets my ass to work on time then hey its all good

Good luck getting a gf with some shitty 2000 acura.

That's just netflix.
Shopping includes pic related, more video game stuff, reading, and the one is split with fitness (the collars). Also bought a $300 Olympic bar.

Attached: Capture.png (1610x457, 60K)

Oh then you're fine. Initial cost is high, but year-to-year will be cheaper from here for sure. No reason you can't get 200k miles off a honda fit if you are a non-brainlet driver. Is that 6 month payment for car insurance? You even managed to spend like 300 dollars on non-essential car shit like remote start, floor mats and paint touchup, but those are one-time payments. Car insurance payments drop significantly after a year, too.

What the fuck? No, that picture's fake. It's not canceled is it?

I have to find out.

I just got a Tesla model 3. Pricey but near zero maintenance and no gas. When the 35k version comes out next year I think it's an absolute no brainer over any ICE car for cost of ownership. Also everything about it is mind blowing especially Autopilot

I always buy a used car thats at least depreciated by 50% of their initial value, more bang for your buck as long as you take care of it

ITT: Poorfags who can't afford luxury cars
>inb4 dumb money

Here's a tip retards; STOP BEING POOR.

what is the problem with a low cost, quality motor vehicle?

Nothing actually. It's just the fags here who try to defend being a poorfag acting like they're trying to maximize their net worth when the reality is that they're just poor.

If I could recommend a car right now, it's the Infiniti G37/Q40. Both are no longer in production and last generation so demand is down as well as price but still amazing cars and I plan on driving mine until it dies. Look for one under 80k miles if you can.

i agree. poor people always get trapped into spending more money and staying poor. maybe they can't afford the initial expense of their own low cost quality vehicle, or they may merely be too embarrassed by the appearance of a reliable, low maintenance machine in their price range, so they have to take expensive uber rides that keep them poor and in a constant state of cope.

>Infiniti G37/Q40

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous
im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

Attached: 9a8107-eg1.jpg (1720x1066, 887K)

based

Yeah 6 months. High, but the coverage is good.

Attached: 4B800B8C-4828-436B-A8D6-0DED1B3E1590.jpg (2100x1575, 1.03M)

>he fell for the bosch pump meme

I happily own 2 cars and 2 motorcycles. I'm going to eventually sell one and buy a new Jeep wrangler rubicon. People buy what they enjoy.

Some people don't just vegetate in a single city their whole life. Try getting around the US without a vehicle. And I don't mean around your city. Travel across the state and to other states.

>literally paying money to devalue your car
Not gonna make it.
I bet you even think your car is cool

psssh lets see your ride, kid....

It's not a 3d render for one...

If serious, I don't care what you can smoke. 0-60 in 5.1 sec is still pretty fast for a car. I keep my car how it came from the factory and drive the speed limit.
But I probably just fell for the bait didn't I

so how is the honda fit. looking for a commuter car myself

If you’re so poor that a car makes up most of your expenses then you probably shouldn’t own a car (or buy a much cheaper one). Is it really that unthinkable to not own a car in the US? In my country a lot (probably most) young people don’t own a car. Not because they can’t afford it, but because it’s a terrible financial decision/ they don’t need it. From what I’ve seen in movies, it’s almost considered embarrassing to not own a car as a man in the US? What the fuck.

>literally ever buying a car
>Not buying a motorcycle
70/month for full, comprehensive insurance
$10 to fill the tank with premium once a week
Infinite smiles per gallon
I can lane split and rule the road and literally no one is fast enough to do anything about it

start up costs for gear are a bit high but I've broken even many times over since I've started riding

Attached: Honda CB1300 05 1.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

except for one fatal accident and it is over for you. Is it really worth the buy?

sounds like something a little bitch would say. You're not a little bitch are you?

The exact same thing could be said for cars. They're no where near as safe as most people seem to think cars are. A crash at speed in a car will still kill you just as it would on a bike.

one fatal accident will kill you in a car as well

how is it not safer in the car? At least you have an iron box protecting you.

The only difference is that I'll be strewn across the highway. The fire department will need the jaws of life to extricate your tenderized corpse from that iron box.

I can attest to that. I got hit by a 18 wheeler. I couldn't walk at all for 6 months and I will never be able to run,chump, or squat. I still ride though so I guess it's worth it.

>0-60 in 5.1 is still pretty fast for a car
I'd say that's only pretty fast for an economy car. I even had a 1991 SUV that could do that.

Attached: 20181105_103123.jpg (4032x3024, 3.83M)

anons don't seem to understand you can buy a decent used car for $10k and drive it for 10 years or more

Jump*

>a cash advance check from my credit card.

are you fucking retarded, the interest is huge on cash advances and is charged daily

I don’t want to die

looking at all the shit he bought, i'd say yes

You can't live forever. Go ahead and live a little.

Riding is better than sex so I'd say it's worth it.

I was already in one accident with motorcycle which wasn’t my fault and almost died. I could live with causing the accident but I don’t want to fear about getting run over.

As was I I've got 2 bikes and still ride. Still totally worth it.

What is all this shit? Get a 2004 Camry like me and you don't have to deal with any of this bullshit. Literally hasn't costed me a cent.

I'm happy with it. But being a bizraelite I recognize that it is a lot of money that would serve me better in an index fund or something. I will say this though Honda is quality and much better than my last cars (89 buick, 01 kia, and 99 hyundai). Still if you can't do the work then just buy new. But, the Honda Fit plant is closed now and stock is very limited until it goes back to production.

It depends where you live, but generally it is flipped from Europe in that you have to have money to live in the city. Often the price of a car plus a suburb house is less than the price of a place in an area where you don't need a car.

>are you fucking retarded, the interest is huge on cash advances and is charged daily
That was a 0% interest one, with a 2 or 3% fee. Also I needed a car from work and I didn't have all the cash. Fuck man it was only $1000.

Yall amerikans got some retarded cars for sure, jezus christ every redneck drives a huge truck. First time usa last week 8/10 would do again. Your gas is insane cheap so i understand why you are driving rusty trucks with 6L V8s. My rental was a new nissan, horrible sedan with a 4 speed automatic from the 1980s. Slow as fuck.

>Literally hasn't costed me a cent.
So you are doing zero maintenance on the car? Do you even change the brakes and oil?...lol

I'm not you and I'm not dying for something stupid like lack of traction and can't stop in a Pittsburgh winter. $1000 dollars in repairs (which includes a remote start) is a small price to pay for a well running car. It had 99k miles when I bought. I am doing all the 100k mile maintenance. Next year I'll probably only need to put about half that in it.

>better than sex
Man you got a limp dick. Sucks to be you. Or maybe you're a virgin. Hahahahhaha

Nissan is not an American brand brother.

This.

Don't be that autistic dweeb and come crying on Jow Forums how you're still a kissless virgin at 30.

Attached: 1543582757351.png (672x787, 979K)

I know mate, it is japanese.. but these cars they dont sell here overseas. It was a nissan altima, a proper shitbox. Noisy engine, automatic that is responding after 15 seconds, steering could hardly be adjusted... crap interior. Whatever you do dont buy this amerilards, i have warned you. I rather have a proper VW golf, much better cars.

I pity you because you just don't know the feeling.

I really come to life above 120mph and I always hit that within 5 minutes of getting on a bike.

>Is it really that unthinkable to not own a car in the US?
In most parts of the US it indeed is unthinkable. The US is really large and the population is spread out, some people have to drive half an hour or even an hour to get to work, because the cost of living near their work is too high. The only exception is people who live near work which is pretty rare unless you're in a dense metro area, in which case you're paying out the ass for rent

I personally walk to work but I'm extremely lucky and also aware that my situation could change at any point in the future if I was switched to a new office for instance

How do you do it? I want one for day trips and quality of life, but I'm scared of buying a junker. Is it as easy as just choosing one of the most reliable models, checking the CarFax, then going to buy it and keeping it maintained?

Who

Who cares about some retard roasty

>tfw commute by bicycle
>fat coworkers always telling me I need to get a car
>fat coworkers always complaining about no money
>tfw investing like crazy

what software is this? have something similar but it's shite, or is this just an excel?

kek

You're a poor faggot. I hit 150mph in my C63 and its maximum comfy the whole time. Enjoy inhaling gasoline fumes while I sit my ass in heated seat comfort.

absolute fag

Attached: 4353456346.gif (500x501, 979K)

What a load of faggotry. You only feel alive when you're riding because it sure as hell sucks living with that limp dick of yours. I also ride a bike, fag. Off road even.

Get off your high horse faggot

I pity you because you don't know the feeling of dropping into a vert ramp on a nicely broken in skateboard

I really come to life as I fall right to the ground, only to be safely uprighted again by the ramp's transition, with my momentum pulling me straight to the other side. It's otherworldly

Everyone has their own activities they enjoy, don't be a faggot thinking yours are special when there are many paths to the same feeling

>move to manhattan because "lol who needs cars"
>pay up to four times as much in rent
lmao

Quicken 2016

Driving the 4 wheeled jew.