Is Magic: the Gathering a good investment?

Is Magic: the Gathering a good investment?

Attached: DEvcN1O.jpg (500x374, 26K)

No

No

is it new people that ask this question every few weeks that come visit legitimatly asking and wonder or is it the same person from the previous threads, asking for a friend

It must be some copy pasta from 1 user...Of all the Questions to ask

No. If you insist on investing in collectibles go for something that people

Should have gotten in during/ before the legend-ice age era.

After this it got mainstream.

No, but maybe you have a chance with Gods Unchained

Some of the counterfeits are better than the actual product.
Not a safe investment.

Only if your name is Rudy.

wtf dude delet this

No

ty, just bought 100k

No.

The bubble will pop in a few years. Getting in now is like buying at their ath.

Do not enter MTG.

they know

While I agree with this I think short term its a pretty good investment. Atm you can really jew people selling their entire collection, I've gotten four collections all worth 3k+ for $500-$800 CAD. At these price points it's super easy to flip things locally or on ebay.

My buddy does it but it seems like a lot of work for the money he ends up making and you gotta know a shitload about the game.

I played the game a lot when I was younger and made money off it back then too just not nearly as much. Still play now casually with friends but don't attend tournaments or anything anymore. So I already had the game knowledge, it's pretty decent returns IMO but if you were purely doing it because of financial gain and not also because you enjoy the game, get cheap cards for you and your friends, nostalgia and enjoy getting good deals then yeah probably not worth it.

Definitely a good investment especially if if you bought the first Black Lotus.

Zoomers know Pokemon, they don't know Magic. The only people who still follow MTG are certain 30-year-old boomers that live with their parents. Pick the superior card game if you really want to invest in a TCG long-term.

This.
Daily reminder that Nintendo is the new disney and kids that are 10yo now will want to own and play all the original zelda games in 10-15 years time.

Unlikely, most zoomers don't appreciate the retro experience. They all have ADD so will play it on an emulator on their phone for two seconds and go do something else.

No. We are going into a depression. Folks don't give a fuck about expensive collectibles in depressions.

A friend keep talking about him selling cards but I just think it sounds like a lot of work for very little returns. Don't think it's profitable either, you still lose money and will have to just buy to enjoy the game.

Attached: foot.jpg (399x399, 47K)

huh?

There are older zoomers who are already starting to collect games now.

Attached: 2018_prevalence_graphic_hero.jpg (685x385, 75K)

Sure that will be a better bet but youre still gambling. Proper investing has a much higher chance at making you money. If you buy a dollar for 50 cents you'll make money almost every time over the long term.

No

proxies (aka fakes) might be, it's a growing industry

neat, i'll be stocking up during the depression then

The boat had already sailed a long time ago.

Should've bought yourself the multiple copies of the power9 set 3-4 years ago, OP. Those things are now 5-6 times the price from back then.

Attached: 1540695612117.jpg (900x1200, 219K)

They dont. Keep it that way.

what has Anita Sarkeesian done for video gameplay?

Go away, Rudy.

you are only 15 years too late

it's literally my job.
But you have to unironically be of a higher intelligence to do so, and know perfectly the game and all the formats otherwise you will lose your shekels 100% guaranteed.

Zoomers never played ALTTP to begin with tho

>collecting video games after 2012