Does anyone here actually enjoy their job?

1. What's your job
2. How much p.a.
3. KMS score out of 10

Don't reply if you're a neet

Attached: llv.jpg (833x500, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mHWAi_xCA_s
theodinproject.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEET reporting in

I'll start:

dev
2/10 it's chilled af

no i will not participate in your data mining

same

Even if you like your job, you're still being exploited. Great Thought Slime video:

youtube.com/watch?v=mHWAi_xCA_s

cringed

>Proofreader
>32k
>6 out of 10

1. Habitat Restoration (operate chainsaws to cut down trees)
2. 900$ per month
3. 7/10

Shitposter

1. Theater actor. Maybe one day i will become something big (likely not).
2. 35k
3. 2 out 10

how do I get to do this

I've no coding experience and want a job where I have zero irl social interaction and work from home

1. copy editor and technical editor
2. $43k gross last year
3. 2

kind of wish i studied harder in school, but i really like what i do and have my own business and work remotely and I could make more if i had to. It would have been a lot easier to just be an accountant, but I'm okay with how things have turned out.

Service manager at a ISP
10/10

Never become a manager, it's soul devouring work. Am quiting in december, so just in time before I slinged myself from a building.

$12.25/hr
20 hours a week
Easy job, I just have to fix computers, projectors, and set up events on my college campus.

I just shitpost on Jow Forums, work on my online business, study/do school work, or play vidya games.

Barista
20k at the most
11/10

dropped out of uni, quit my job and learning web dev ful time
$0
never felt so alive 11/10

Study online - there's plenty of free coding tutorials, books & courses. Maybe start with Edx cs50 - computer science 101, literally a free harvard course. If people can't teach themselves shit these days they're either stupid or lazy.

Dentist
£110k PA (GBP)
About a 4/10 atm. Enjoying it right now, but can see myself getting bored of it in X years

start here theodinproject.com/
and visit webdev threads on Jow Forums

AV Tech in my local union
only been here a few months, so not sure yet
2/10, getting paid 23-25$/hr starting for doing shit i was already pretty familiar with. only part that im struggling with is broing it up with my coworkers because social autism

Postman

1. IT security
2. 160k
3. 8/10

I oscillate between hating my job and trying to be thankful I have it. Only a matter of time until it, and all white collar jobs, are offshored to pajeets

Attached: 1527964685059.jpg (675x675, 180K)

Net admin
4/10
Has shit days most days chill also get taken out to lunch by vendors all the time have had multiple $100+ meals on other companies dime

I'm part-time stock trader and part-time wageslave. Was full-time wageslave, got passed over for a promotion, switched to part-time position with intent to eventually switch to trading full-time.

I love trading. I do not like wagecucking.

>Large energy company grad scheme. Change every 6 months. Previously portfolio hedging, currently treasury, next corporate contract pricing
>£35k
>2/10

Its pretty chill. Its easy to avoid doing work, and a lot of the time I dont have enough to do. The purpose of the scheme is to learn different areas of the organisation though - changing every 6 months has pros and cons.

Truck Driver
50 cents per mile
It's a good 6/10. Would be an 8 but dispatch can't seem to ever give me a load on the fucking weekends.

Oh, 50 cpm equates to roughly 70k-90k a year for me.

My dad does that but I never asked him, wtf do you do besides correct typos?

1.Me too
2. $1100 per week after tax plus car (truck)
3. 2/10 money is ok but it's probably the best job I can think of.

This is interesting, you are the first person I've ever come across that doesn't like this field of work (it's rated as one of the best jobs to have) What do you not like about it? and what do you want to do instead?

Niche dev, 110k, 6/10
Not sure what a 10/10 job would look like. If I'm compelled to do it then it's already not a 10

Cutting down big trees is truly one of the best jobs, everyone who is on boz and is depressed should try it

Contract admin
70k p/a
4/10

Fuck deadlines

And im talking big invasive species trees

Courier and Process Server
$30k/year
8/10
(((California)))

Attached: California_love.png (1000x1000, 289K)

music teacher
20-30k
3/10 perfect job except for being a poorfag

California Highway Patrol
$120k/year with benefits
1/10

Attached: boomer_0.jpg (800x419, 107K)

samefaggg!!

medical device rep
180k/yr
5/10 money is good but the schedule is insane

how do you get into this field? is it sales based?

for the most part. I work in data and analytics, doing alright for a 30yo boomer though.

1) developer/analyst
2) ~$110k in an average area
3) can range from 0-9 depending on how pissed off senior leadership is. chill days are best days.

damn I've always wanted to be a postman but I couldn't live off this

i actually got pretty lucky with it, not going to lie. i was premed but had no parents around to support me while i went to med school so i decided to talk to a friend of mine who went to work for a med device company the year before. he got me an interview and after a year and a half as an associate i became a full on rep. Honestly, most people i know that get into the industry either A. fresh out of college with good bio/premed background and great networking skills or B. Older guys with an impressive sales background in some other (usually similar, like pharma) field.

As for the job itself, a rep basically is responsible for knowing the ins and outs of both the procedure and all equipment used during one. your client is going to be a surgeon so in order to be even remotely successful you need to come off more as a "confidant" than a salesman because most if not all surgeons are intelligent enough to know when theyre dealing with someone who's selling something they don't know shit about. It is a really cool job, though. The pay can go way higher than what i make depending on area and type of devices you are a rep for. Only thing bad is the schedule... i'm on call for cases like 24/7 so this is more of a lifestyle than it is a job.

>you need to come off more as a "confidant" than a salesman because most if not all surgeons are intelligent enough
yah I get that, you're selling something highly specialized and technical, and you'd need to be able to 'speak the language'. it sounds like decent good work, I'm jealous!

>Older guys with an impressive sales background
then why is it always portrayed as the 'hot sales rep' in mass media? I'm assuming that's not an accurate representation?

also thank you for taking the time to discuss this

well, in my experience the "hot sales rep" stereotype is also true. its actually funny you mention that because the field consists of the two extremes. you have the

A. Young (mostly guys) group that were usually college athletes and (mostly) good students. Part of the interview process was literally an Area Director talking to me about college football for an hour and a half so the superficial "young stud" trope is definitely there.

As for B. Everyone else not some relatively young person is almost always a 45-60 rep that hasn't been burnt out from the exhausting schedule that comes with the job. These are the guys that end up making like $500-700k as a rep because their knowledge of the field and networking skills are so well developed that they can do their job sleeping.

I think the idea that the reps are all young and attractive comes from the superficial nature of the hiring process mixed with the fact that as most people get older they move on to jobs that allow them to have a social life as well. But yeah man I love my job (at least for now) so I'm always open to talking about it with others.

>That crackle as the tree starts to go
>You still say "TIIIIMMMBBBBBBERRRR" in your head to yourself like you are a 9 year old
>Tfw you land the tree right between two houses where you intended

Felling trees is breddy good. I only do it when I'm rehabbing a house and feel too cheap to hire someone. It's kinda exhilarating cause its pretty dangerous and I'm an amateur.

Attached: 1540436273801.gif (840x488, 511K)

>not screaming 'TIIIIMMMBEEEEERRRR!' at the top of your lungs like a demented lumberjack
Never gunna make it.

1.Lab technologist
2.$30/hour
3.When I'm not spending time thinking of ways to become financially independent, I'm thinking about ways to kms

McDonalds Crew Member
$19 an hour about 15k a year working casual during uni
6/10 I like my co workers and its easy but kind of exhausting

1) mining engineer
2) 20k
3) 3/10 job is fun but my pay is terribly low. Fuck this shit-tier third world country (Chile)

Interesting. I was in tech sales and it was similar. Young dudes that get turned over quicker/work the less developed territories and then old guys with lots of contacts that kill it. What kind of jobs did the older guys move to be more social? You are all outside reps right? Or do you do inside sales?

It's hard for me to be outwardly retarded, I'm introverted so I'm mostly introretarded when it comes to that stuff.

Attached: 1542641546693.jpg (399x400, 16K)

I mostly work in the forest, so nobody but my retarded co-workers hear me. You should try it though user, it's liberating.

information security consultant / MSP
60kish
2/10 hours can be weird due to maintenance window scheduling; otherwise not very stressful and usually

1. Print shop worker
2. 30k
3. Nice; stress free, no bullshit, lots of physical action (no desk bound shit) so I get exercise daily. Got a pension + 401k, thanks to regs I am able to retire in 15 yrs (be age 50) and draw full pension. Be able to just kick back and enjoy life. Can't be fired (state government job) unless I really fuck up (ha) or the gov goes tits up (not gonna happen anytime soon).

State has a low col and I live close to work so even though I make less I actually do pretty good.

Line Guy at a medium sized airport
12.00 hr
7/10, customers are assholes and there's too much shit involved

1. graduate student researcher
2. My stipend is ~36k. Nobody counts tuition remission as income.
3. 4, doing science can be occasionally soul-crushing.

holy shit. I'm not going back to the north

So while I may not be a rich bastard when I retire, least I can be able to exit this daily 40 hr work week shit and do what I want for a change. Just kick back and watch the yuppies kill themselves as they burn the candle at both ends

Now I ain't gonna lie; the only reason I'm doing what I'm doing is due to the way the state regs govern retirement. Basically you put in 27 yrs you get a full pension for life plus they give you the option to get a 401k plan. So I can go out at age 50 fully retired vs other jobs where I'd have to work till age 65. Hey that's 15 yrs of life I can enjoy instead of killing myself working.

I work night shift in security, all i do is basically playing ps4 and browsing online with my laptop. minimum wage but the comfiest i've ever had.

>systems engineer
>$40/hr
>2/10

Making plenty of money, wfh once a week, nothing to really complain about. Has some annoying days but I find enjoyment in the problem solving and getting to learn new shit every day

Same

I hate the company I work for. I hate most IT companies. I hate technology in general, what it is doing to society. Would prefer to be living on 10 or more acres as a subsistence farmer.

Attached: 1535529497626(1).png (748x1186, 510K)

Retail store manager
3/10 Jan thru Oct 15/10 Oct thru Jan

CNC machinist
~$57k
10/10

I'm literally a NEET

I honestly don't know how anyone can stomach working more than a year at a time. How the hell do people make it 20-50+ years working? I would literally kill myself, that is absolute fucking misery.

You have to be a subhuman animal to stomach such a brutal existence that robs you of your youth and your time.

Attached: wagecuck_tax_cow.jpg (231x218, 13K)

Industrial mechanic

58k +/- year, would be more at another company but just started this year and need experience

5/10 has its ups and downs

1) sous chef at wendys
2) 12 /hr
3) fuck you

Attached: dahhfoolthedogs.jpg (600x450, 91K)

The struggle against entropy, nature, etc is not optional. Capitalism is a good system within these confines. How people don't get the brutish reality of nature really boggles the mind.

>1. What's your job
I work in a plant nursery putting plants into tubes + board, car expenses paid for by father

>2. How much p.a.
12,000NZD from job (a bit more from time to time depending on the season from fruit picking jobs) + 16,800NZD from father

>3. KMS score out of 10
4/10. pretty cozy life. I get privite health insurance and all my living expenses paid for. After i finish uni ill probably do my fathers business. Im just doing my CS degree right now

Attached: IMG_20180906_081550.jpg (809x834, 30K)

>bartender
>$4.50 per hour, but I make anywhere from $80-$200 in tips per night
>11/10 if I see someone I went to school with or if its really busy. If its a tame night then it's more like a 5/10
Trying to find something else to do with my life. Been here since I was 18 and now I'm 25.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHH.png (799x786, 446K)

Live Audio Engineer (music, mainly at bars)
45-60k depending on how hard I work, bo benefits for most gigs
3/10 If you have shit on your mind, being around all those people can be a mind fuck, but I get to fuck with music and have a drink/toke here and there

I love how /leftypol/ knows something is up... and gets really fucking close to noticing the jew, but just misses the mark. So obviously the villain is "rich White men", yeah, those White dudes with curly black hair that speak a little Yiddish and all happen to be jewish... what a cohenicidence

Local cop.
$91k plus a lot of benefits.
2/10... the shitheads suck at the moment you're dealing with them and the gore is a bit traumatizing... and seeing so much crime makes you a bit paranoid but I can't not love the job. Let's see if you ask me again in 10 years though.

My favorite thing to do with liberals/libertarians is bring them on a Saturday night ridealong... they're always SHOCKED at how the entire 10 hour shift is going from crime to crime to crime the whole night... "uuuuuhhh, I thought you guys just sat in your car and wrote bullshit tickets... also... why are all the criminals black or hispanic?"

1. Microbiology Lab Assistant
2. 50K AUD
3. 8.5/10

i wish i hadn't been a degenerate in my late teens. i'd totally be a cop now

1. Working at a gate at an airport
2. 10 bucks an hour plus a lot of benefits, sales, and ot. Pretty shit.
3. 1/10, everyone here gets high and reads books or plays on their phone. It's a super comfy job, just wished it paid more. Maybe 2/10 because I deal with a lot of jews everyday.

Petty crime? Depends on where you are, does your state expunge records? A police background check will see the expungement, obviously, but most agencies will allow a little bit of fuckery if you were a juvenile and got it expunged (which usually means a judge signs off that you've been rehabilitated and orders the delinquency removed from the record). Do that if you can... if it's drug use but you've never been caught? Well, it varies from agency to agency, but you can totally lie to a polygraph... it doesn't actually detect lies... it just picks up on nervousness. I'll let you put two and two together.

As a rule of thumb, the more White an area is but the people are liberal (think Portland or Seattle)... the easier it is to be a cop there. The more conservative (and White) or "diverse" it is (not sure why... a lot of people desperate for a paycheck?) the harder it is to get hired.

1. Police Dispatcher
2. I started at 17.05 taking calls, making 20.50 now as a dispatcher.
3. 6/10. The job itself is pretty cool, I really like hearing the shit I hear every day, and bullshiting with the officers is great too. Overtime basically whenever I please. The most stress comes from the administration, these fucks will get on your ass over whatever little thing they can, seems they even enjoy it. We also have a high turnover rate, mainly because administration likes to open investigations with every one over minor things. I think they just get some kind of illusion of power because we work with cops I dunno.