I have a shit-ton of marketable skills but no credentials to back them up. I think entrepreneurship is for me...

I have a shit-ton of marketable skills but no credentials to back them up. I think entrepreneurship is for me. I want to go into the tech sector, preferably cyber-security, since that's my passion. Any tips?

Attached: schooling.png (460x460, 136K)

cashflow is king
find where the cash flows

The one thing I learned is:

having a degree != having intelligence, having common sense

the higher the degree the more likely one is a braindead drone
He may have wisdom in a specific field but for everything else he is an mindless idiot aka the useful idiot.

Konwledge=intelligence + information.
In Harvard you gain Information, but you dont get Intelligence.

You're already following your passion, you don't need tips. Good luck and fuck the roadbumps, they're just there to strengthen your resolve

Attached: catpital.jpg (224x224, 10K)

Attached: BrainletSchool.jpg (227x222, 11K)

>I only went to Stanford!
>college doesn't matter!

You can gain information in the internet too. You can literally pirate every single academic journal and books. Universities are just good for 2 things nowadays: network or get into academia itself. Also obviously to get the piece of paper so that you fill the requirements for most jobs even though you don't need it

>downplays importance of Harvard
>says in next line he hires a bunch of people from Harvard

Wot

>t. butthurt university-fags who bought into the higher education meme and didn't realize it was a mistake until it was too late

Okay trailer trash. Tell us more about that sick career you have, since you were too smart for college.

I live off your tax dollars. How's that student debt working out for you?

cyber security doesnt require a degree, you need cyber security certs. security+ gets you into the door then get either CEH or CISSP once you have experience.
note you will likely work at a helpdesk first.

>brainlet didnt u derstand the tweet
Which university do you fo to again? Gotta add it to my blavk list.
t. Business owner who skipped courses and didnt even bother studying for most exams and now hires fools who worked 100x harder than me in school so that they can man my machines and make me money.

Sec is one of the few subcats of CS where degrees are useless unless from a top uni.
If you actually train yourself really well by reverse engineering and breaking stuff, you will be much more employable than a CS grad with no actual sec specific knowledge.
Does not apply to NEETs though, it's just as much work as full time studying except you can do it in the comfort of your tendies and piss bottles

>u derstand
>do you fo to
>add it to my blavk list
>didnt

Those employees definitely respect your jeet grammar.

Based

Considering that (among other things) the V key is right next to the C key, I'm pretty sure this person was just typing quickly and sloppily. Not an indicator of low intelligence by any means.

im aware of it, which is why i never went to univeristy.

Meh that piece of paper kind of matters, boomer hiring manager put a lot of faith in the college meme. I don’t use jack shit I learned in school for my job and I got a job within the field of my degree which is rare these days. I’m still glad I went to school, I barely remember half the shit I learned but I’m sure that time studying and learning to socialize was better spent than being a NEET or working some shit retail or trade job.

You can easily find individuals who didn't complete high school that make more than people with Doctorates. On average? A college degree is going to make you more money, period.

>Individuals who did not complete high school: $28,808
>High school diploma: $37,752
>Some college or associate degree: $42,900
>Four-year degree only (with no graduate work): $61,724
>Advanced degree: $78,624

holy shit that bfto

>now hires fools who worked 100x harder than me in school so that they can man my machines and make me money.
This is the way to go.
you either
A) spend tons of your own time to get the skills to work for someone else with better payment
or
B) have the business and let the eggheads do the wageslaving who spend their lifetime towards it

I droped edu at 19, former "quant" here.

I pay pajets on upwork to build my blackboxes, already sold 2.

>literally paying for propaganda

>definitely a college attendee
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Matthew Cuck BTFO'ed. That beta meta needs to just kill himself already

College dropout here after attending one year
Got an internship in software engineering and did that for a year. Afterwards I got a full-time salaried position that's paying $120k. My college loans have already been paid off. I also have a couple freshman friends that are still in college with zero professional work experience, and a fuck-ton of student debt

If you're in tech, you can make OK money building modules/plugins for Learning Management Systems. That industry is still so niche that clients care more about things getting done than checking the credentials box for the person doing it.

If you aren't old enough to say you were fucking around in DOS through your childhood, large entities aren't going to hand waive their requirement for a degree. Your degree takes away their accountability for hiring you and you are likely lacking equivalent experience to absolve HR of their decisions.

Is this guy at all significant? I thought he was just another nobody on Twitter.