/smg/ - Stock Market General

Fuck bullcucks and fuck Pendulum Edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Nothing, sell everything, we recession now!

Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous:

Attached: 1545029018884.jpg (1420x1384, 719K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s3.tradingview.com/d/dHvuX04r_mid.png
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/us-stocks-skid-again-on-tech-sell-off/2018/10/26/cf9607f4-d920-11e8-aeb7-ddcad4a0a54e_story.html
reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed/fed-seen-slowing-or-even-stopping-rate-hikes-next-year-idUSKBN1O92E9
tradingview.com/chart/ICSA/yvzVLipZ-Getting-close-to-the-time-to-get-out-of-markets-here/
nasdaq.com/article/wall-street-spooked-by-soft-chinese-eu-economic-data-cm1069358
advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2018/12/04/market-cap-to-gdp-an-updated-look-at-the-buffett-valuation-indicator
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/liquidity-fears-have-likes-of-pimco-sheltering-in-credit-swaps
realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/contango-has-returned-to-the-oil-markets-14766257
alhambrapartners.com/2018/12/07/more-extraordinary-still/
cnbc.com/2018/12/11/yellen-and-the-fed-are-afraid-of-corporate-debt-but-investors-still-arent.html
tradingview.com/chart/ADDN/oCBunR8L-bad-breadth/
tradingview.com/chart/AMZN/hxvwoOkm-cumulative-fang-drawdown-since-October/
ww2.cfo.com/the-economy/2018/12/cfos-recession-possible-in-2019/
imf.org/external/research/housing/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yield curve inversion... Check
s3.tradingview.com/d/dHvuX04r_mid.png

Companies guiding downward... Check (I once had a better link towards data on this, but can't find it)
washingtonpost.com/business/economy/us-stocks-skid-again-on-tech-sell-off/2018/10/26/cf9607f4-d920-11e8-aeb7-ddcad4a0a54e_story.html

Fed pausing hikes... Check
reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed/fed-seen-slowing-or-even-stopping-rate-hikes-next-year-idUSKBN1O92E9

Initial unemployment claims breaking trend and heading higher... Check
tradingview.com/chart/ICSA/yvzVLipZ-Getting-close-to-the-time-to-get-out-of-markets-here/

Rest of world on brink of recessionary economic data... Check
nasdaq.com/article/wall-street-spooked-by-soft-chinese-eu-economic-data-cm1069358

Valuations still at very high levels (although we have seen some p/e compression)... Check (there are so many different ways to measure valuations, so do your DD to look at others. But most are still relatively high right now on traditional measurements)
advisorperspectives.com/dshort/updates/2018/12/04/market-cap-to-gdp-an-updated-look-at-the-buffett-valuation-indicator

Liquidity behaving poorly... Check (there are a lot of other important warnings on this that are varied, but it's a notable issue. Only have one link here however)
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-13/liquidity-fears-have-likes-of-pimco-sheltering-in-credit-swaps

first for an hero

Oil in contango... Check
realmoney.thestreet.com/investing/contango-has-returned-to-the-oil-markets-14766257

Eurodollar futures curves inverted... Check
alhambrapartners.com/2018/12/07/more-extraordinary-still/

Credit spreads starting to rise.. Check
cnbc.com/2018/12/11/yellen-and-the-fed-are-afraid-of-corporate-debt-but-investors-still-arent.html

Cyclical industries getting hammered (housing, autos, semiconductors, broker dealers, regional banks)... Check (again, just look up charts on these industries/sectors)

Volatility breaking out... Check (just look at a vix chart...)

Market breadth performing poorly... Check
tradingview.com/chart/ADDN/oCBunR8L-bad-breadth/

Market leaders dethroned... Check
tradingview.com/chart/AMZN/hxvwoOkm-cumulative-fang-drawdown-since-October/

1/2 of US CFO’s expect a recession end of 2019, and 2/3 in Europe & over 85% in Canada... Check
ww2.cfo.com/the-economy/2018/12/cfos-recession-possible-in-2019/

Housing prices dropping internationally as well as domestically... Check
imf.org/external/research/housing/

Denialists BTFO, Recession is coming!

Bear trap, we got an easy 3 years of golden bull run ahead. Get cucked Bobo

Fact: Hitler was a good guy.

I like this one more.
Golden Bear run is here.

the thread without reddit copypasta in it is here

26 seconds too late tripfag

Subscribe to my son's twitter feed

Attached: doomer-boomer.jpg (2199x2912, 1.62M)

legit thread
Fuck the assholes trying to get people to burn

Yeah why the fuck do they do that? i started a short position of thursday last week and asked the permabull cukcs for thoughts and they all gave me bullshit. "stop capitulating" fucking evil really, poor anons who buy it

I'm financially ruined. I spent 20% of my portfolio on $SPY calls expiring Friday.

Attached: 1544211018570.jpg (904x583, 325K)

What'd you do with the rest?

This is a bear thread now

Attached: c08.jpg (423x439, 30K)

You couldn't have stopped this

>iron hands on SQQQ paid off

Haha now time to make a whole $15!

the very fact that everybody is bull is the biggest buy signal.

VIVE LA FRANCE
FUCK BULLS
FUCK BOOMERS
FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS

Attached: 1544633691306.jpg (511x671, 70K)

How's the "cheapies", dumbasses?

cheapies status: thank you

you really shouldnt say when youre baking a thread, because someone will try to snipe it out from under you

also fuck faggot tripfags

Attached: 1469335330594.jpg (1080x1080, 80K)

th-there's still room for a short squeeze, r-right lads?