Had a job interview and got there 5 mins early today...

Had a job interview and got there 5 mins early today. Waited in lobby area sitting for 10 mins and asked receptionist if there was a delay I should know about that the interviewer was dealing with. She said he should be on his way. Waited 20 more mins and told her im not interested in the position any longer politely and left. Did I fuck up? I just had a bad vibe that if I rescheduled there would be awkwardness. Also the phone interviewer was late calling me two weeks ago. I had to reschedule that one. The whole process just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. Did I fuck up biz? This was the first time this ever happened to me .

Attached: Interview-Graphic-1.jpg (502x376, 40K)

disclaimer, I've been getting a couple of different interviews from several companies the past few months but this role was a step down based on my background, so I was less lenient in terms of bending over backwards for this position.

Maybe it was a desperation test and you passed? Who's to say, really. It's important to have dignity and know your worth. You did well today.

No, you didn't fuck up. You're better off not working for a company like that. You think they'd hire you if you were 20+ minutes late? No way. And they did it twice, so it's not like it was a one-off thing.

Nah if they're treating you like this now when they are trying to attract talent imagine what they would do when you're actually in their system.

If it was a small or family run company you made the right call but if it was a prestigious position at a major company or government work you might have fucked up they know they can do whatever they want so they jerk people around.

Fuck them if they don't value your time. Just a precursor to what would happen if you eventually took the job.

People get busy and have calls and meetings that run late. Calls that are unironically more important than an interviewee. Fact of business life. You fucked up.

Fuck. P sure that was me man I got social anxiety like a mother fucker. Look come back tomorrow and even if I don’t hire you I’ll let you keep the knee pads.

This is unironically true, but someone from reception should of kept you happy/welcome enough to not feel neglected.

I'm on the fence.

alpha. would they give a fuck if you were 20 minutes late?

by 'give a fuck' i mean tolerate.

Good for you op, you're going to do just fine. Like one of the other anons said you know you're worth and aren't afraid to act. I would hire someone like you unironically, (if you weren't arrogant). Well done.

this, you fucked up.

t. boot lickin' wagecuck

Says the NEET living in his mom's basement

well done op, never work for niggers.

In that case, you probably didn't. The following criteria matter:
- are you currently employed? If no, you have less leverage.
- is it easy to get an interview? If no, you have less leverage.
- did you get rejected at past attempts in other places? If yes, you have less leverage.
If your leverage is too low you fucked up because you could have used the opportunity to be safe while you look for a better job.
Receptionists don't know shit so you were faggy to ask anything in that regard, same with saying you don't want the job anyway. Instead you should have left a note to the interviewer.

That was an IQ test and you just failed. Correct answer was to pull the fire alarm and have everyone evacuated and you force the hiring manager into an impromptu/informal interview in the car park and get the job that way. Bonus money for playing cool while the Alarm goes off.

I had an interview for a government position once. I passed all the tests flawlessly, but I lost interest after getting a job in a bank. The process had started before I got the bank gig, but I still went to see what it was about (I had lost interest though).

They had the audacity to be 30 minutes behind schedule.

>"Hey welcome, follow me!"
>"30 minutes late?"
>"Oh yeah, s-sorry, d-did you have to be somewhere"
>"I have to be at work later yeah, but go on"
>I enter the room with the three people of the "jury"
>They ask me standard lame questions no one cares about
>"Any more questions"
>Yeah, which departments are actually hiring? And for which specific positions?"
>"Oh, we don't know that yet"
>"The positions or the departments?"
>"We don't know anything about that before the budget comes in"
>"But you do know you need 400 people"
>"Yes"
>"And you don't know where you need them"
>"That's right"
>"I don't have any more questions"

Didn't get the job, got even more appalled by the government and vowed to never apply for a government job ever again.

Attached: Screenshot_20181010-102824~3.png (794x546, 557K)

Agree. You remained a human with dignity at the end of the dat

this. also I have to say that it took me a 45 min commute to get there just to fucking meet one hiring manager for 30 mins. when i left the scheduled interview would have been over. not even sure why i was meeting with one person as all the face to face ones ive ever done have been 3 hrs long with 3-4 people I meet back to back. Makes me think someone screwed up the scheduling.

Never take advice from someone who types: "should of"

This people understand so very little that they don't even know the difference between a verb and a preposition.

>should have
i dont really care, im not the grammar police, this is a mongolian weaving basket forum. I get what he was trying to say anyways

No, any businessman interviewing a potential employee should be treating that potential employee like a client. That means you're 5 minutes early, and if there's a pile up and you're late, you phone yourself to apologise in person. OP done good

Do you really think he had anything interesting to say? Personally, I only take advice from people that are least moderately intelligent.

whats interesting is that I've had odd experience in the past with a prick interviewer at this one large prestigious company I interviewed for a couple of years ago before my last job...
I get to the lobby and the receptionist makes me wait for about 15 min and she comes by and leads me to the interviewers office. I get there and he asks me why im late. I'm like I got here a few minutes before I was supposed to. He yells at me for a few seconds before he realizes it was the receptionist's fault for not bringing me to his office and there was some miscommunication involved. this is why today I made it very clear to find out from the woman at the front desk if there was any delay. some people are just weird.

>This people

Attached: back pepe.jpg (600x600, 21K)

>Interview for internal position with someone I've known for two years
>"Tell me three of your strengths and one weakness"
How the fuck am I supposed to answer that?

>waiting 30 min
>for a gov job
never gonna make it fren

i fucking love this pepe

Nope and interview goes both ways. If their not showing you respect then they failed the interview. The only caveat is if you’re in dire need of a job. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

I say gb (good bait)
But it was not gg
It was bb

Or perhaps a patience test that he failed?

>desperation test
Cringe, in a labour market this tight it's the employers who are desperate. Any (((HR))) dept that tries to pull this shit off deserves gassing

No you did fine. It’s important to keep in mind that interviews work both ways. They are interviewing you for a position and you are interviewing them as an employer

this makes no sense... if the company is big enough they have people whos job is only interviewing

bad goyim

literally no company does this ever

Nah. This is the mentality that got the business world all fucked up. "They're more important!" No, they're not. They need to have basic scheduling skills and manners.

pretty obvious you've never worked for a big company. there are dedicated HR people that do an initial review for sure, but they're not able to assess actual skills and so those interviews go to the SMEs.

Good job OP. You didn't do anything wrong.

Nah. What, you're going to list them as some sort of reference, who will tell other potential employers you walked on an interview?

Shake it off, move on. You dodged a bullet. If they can't meet basic standards, simple things like having an admin at least put you in a conference room with a water or coffee, and told "We're sorry, so and so is running late, he'll be here in (a real prediction of the wait)", then fuck them. Guess how they treat employees, if they treat a total stranger like this? First impressions count, both sides.

Listen to your instincts, and trust them. your instincts told you, this is a waste of my time.

You're gold, dude. Fuck 'em. They don't deserve your time and effort.

>I get there and he asks me why im late.

I would have walked right then and there.

>He yells at me for a few seconds

And you're not even on payroll?

Your ONLY response here is "Go fuck yourself", stand up, walk out.

But, considering this is Jow Forums, you're probably making it up, anyway.

A friend of mine had a similar situation. The recruiter kept putting off his interview and avoided his emails for about two weeks. By the time he finally managed to get the incompetent retard to schedule an interview he already found a different job. Recruiters are brainless scum that can barely function.

Depends on the job. If you're interviewing for a low level, entry level job, like in support or sales, yeah. But higher than that, you're usually interviewing with the manager you'll be reporting to.

The really big corporations, there's steps to the process, where you'll meet 2 or 3 times, first with HR, then with a person who just interviews like you're saying, then with the person you'll be working for. But that's not THAT common, unless it's a step below management, like supervisor, or jobs that require skill and experience.

Most entry level stuff is done through agencies, anyway. They do all the screening and interviewing ahead of time, which is why everyone uses them now. You're not worth putting on a manager's schedule for that level of work.

Recruiters are a scam, unless they contact you - and even then, maybe. Most of them just get lists of people looking for work, and try to pimp them out at every company they can find.

Your friend was being strung along - they either had no intentions of hiring anyone, and were just listing jobs because they have to, and were gonna hire someone internally anyway, or they were getting a kickback from the recruiter to take an interview, with no expectations of hiring anyone.

I've seen too much of this shit, to believe your friend every had an actual shot at a job. A company that wants and needs employees doesn't play games. The "incompetent retard" was just shining your friend on, he should have moved on after the first reschedule.

>show up 20 mins late to interview
>get told to go home

imagine unironically defending this hypocrisy

the absolute state of wagies

>he should have moved on after the first reschedule.
He did. He got a different job. Read the post.

He didn't disengage, you fucking mong. Which was my point. Why do I have to explain this? Oh, that's right, because you're a fucking spastic.

Why are you so angry lmfao

Calling you a spastic isn't anger, spastic. It's just calling a fucking retarded spade a fucking retarded spade.

I'm not too sure if I'm the spastic if you're getting this angry over an anecdote I told about someone that isn't even me.

patience and test equals lost money, a company would never give a fuck about patience

I think OP did good. A valuable skill is learning when to cut your losses when you can get a feel that they are wasting your time. I size up women a lot now and cut my interactions when I realise there's little to no payout for me.

u did good.

If they make you wait at the interview, they will be a shit show to work for.

Im going to do this one day. You sir are a genious.

>in a labour market this tight it's the employers who are desperate
labour market hasnt been tight for a while grandpa

I would have hung around ( provided had not other appointments) and then flipped the script on the interviewer. Why are you late, does this reflect work ethic of the company, no notification etc

It's hard to transact with, but if you're just a HODL, but buy at the top of government bureaucracy. But not enough to be able to use this technology.

>mongolian weaving basket forum
you're supposed to change this name everytime you post it
be creative