Help me convince my parents

Hi Jow Forums.

tl;dr: My parents invested $5648 to a ponzi scheme

For background, I'm an 18 year old flip student studying on a different city. I just came home yesterday. When talking to my parents, they told me that they invested $5648 to a company called Kapa - Community Ministry International Inc. with a promise of a 30% return every month. Hearing that sentence is already a red flag since even the best performing stock can't reach 30%. Despite that, I haven't reacted to it yet and looked into the company. I found out that the founder is a Pastor who onws a big plantation and some fisheries. The company also has a big following since the "investors" actually gained something, giving testimonials like this ice cream vendor guy buying a car after 6 months of investing, not knowing that those returns he got was from the new "investors". They use this info as some kind of defense arguing that the company is legit and I'm expecting my parents to say the same thing later when I'll confront them. I found too that the SEC already posted an advisory on this company which I'll link below.

It's saddening because my father is usually a skeptical guy yet ever since he lost his job after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he became desperate as he was our bread winner.

How do I approach them without sounding like an asshole especially to my father Jow Forums? I'll post this here since I have read posts here before with the same situation as I am dealing right now.

Attached: IMG_20181201_080049.jpg (1041x1461, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sec.
bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-recovering-madoff-money/
youtube.com/watch?v=fpp088wHXr4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link: sec. gov. ph/kappa-kabus-padatoonposted-22-march-2017/

I want her to make me wear a gas mask that connects directly to her ass hole (with holes on the sides so I don't suffocate, of course) and force me to inhale her farts as I lay under her chair (after eating two plates of broccoli)

Sit down with your parents and tell your parents your concerns. Have all your information ready and don't talk like a child. Accept they will probably ignore you before starting a conversation anyway. Lay out the information for them, their money is likely already gone since it has already left their hands. The company will make it difficult/impossible to get their shekels back. Your dad will die of cancer and you will have to move on, learn from their mistakes.

Consider working at texas roadhouse.

Attached: 1544324860377.jpg (1133x745, 426K)

Tell them its a ponzi scheme and to take their money out

if they can just break even or better as they pull completely out, that would be optimal
>desperate
>religious ponzi
it might be too late
religious nuts will not admit or face facts that threaten their beliefs
when money is involved, many ppl do not like to admit or talk about money problems
>SEC
bring some authority to the discussion
printouts might not do it
maybe a cop or someone they feel is more believable than their own kid
remember, they see you as their child, not an authority on anything
five grand is only a lot if they are poor
shrugging it off might be everyone's best option

Megadose Vitamin Therapy, Gerson Therapy and Soursop fruit.

Research it & don't knock it til he tries it.

Attached: 56100852-9AD9-438E-AC4B-0EDE5A4AD06E.jpg (547x432, 85K)

This company is still relatively new so it's most probable that they could still get the money back since they're one of the first "investors". The problem is that they're planning to invest more money.
I'm trying to.
>>Religious Ponzi
They did not invest because of muh pastor. They were just in for the money.
>Bring some authority
Unfortunately SEC doesn't have an office here. I would want someone who knows shit about investing and getting a cop would be out of the question.
>Five grand is a lot when poor
My dad earned $8500/month when he was still working so yeah it's small but like I said he lost his job. Currently, we have no stable income and we're living off my dad's insurance money which is so small that 5 grand is a lot.
Might be trolling but I'll look into it.

Don't alert the authorities until they get their money out, then do it so they can't change their minds

Explain that in ponzi schemes, even if they make money, they will still have to pay it back once the scheme goes bust. So let's say they double their money and then pull it out and then spend that money, they are still on the hook for repaying the gains even though they did not know it was a ponzi.

bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-recovering-madoff-money/

Fuck off with your blog shit. Boo fucking hoo. You're obviously as retarded as your parents. Holy shit how poor can you be, crying over 5k? Why include needless information like being a flip?
Just fuck off. Hope your father dies a painful death. Your family deserves it.

The authorities already know desu. I don't know why they aren't taking any action. Once again, I'm from a third world country and justice here is non existent so whatever.
I see. Thank you for educating me on that but does it work like this in every country? Aren't the laws different from the US and here?

Different in every country.

>Religious ponzi

Yeah, you're screwed. Combine the headfuck of both a cult & a ponzi and it's the normiefag combo breaker. Just leave them alone, and try to find a way to get clear of the situation.

What an edgy little faggot you are - why so triggered? You in this shit as well?

Oh, spotted another fliptard. Riled up because I your pinoy pride is hurt?

If you cant get him to pull out completely. Tell him to at least cash out his initial.

Why do you feel the need to behave like an edgy trolling piece of shit? If it's this fun to try to simply make someone feel bad, if you're not a psychopath, please exercise your ability for empathy so that maybe it inspires some sympathy.

See, this is why your family deserves to suffer. You're a big fucking retard.
>Aren't the laws different from the US and here?
Christ, why do you have to ask such a stupid question? And you're expecting people to be bothered to read up on your local laws?
>The authorities already know desu. I don't know why they aren't taking any action. Once again, I'm from a third world country and justice here is non existent so whatever.
>boo hoo give me (you)s

Oh my god your stupid Filipino parents got 419d by professionals what you should do is phone them pretending to be a journalist and blackmail them for $20,000 or you will blow their scam wide open.

Or become the mugu hunter and tell them you got some of colonel gadaffis gold from Libya at 70% spit price and you can go through your gold dealer and scam them for a LOT of money

>if you're not a psychopath, please exercise your ability for empathy so that maybe it inspires some sympathy
hahahahahhahaha faggot

>hahahahahhahaha
this is shonen anime villain tier. do you seriously think you're cool?

jesus christ

yikes

>user in a month
youtube.com/watch?v=fpp088wHXr4

imagine being in the "I'm 14 years old on /b/ in 2008 xD" mindset in 2018

Attached: 1511191831537.jpg (780x438, 37K)

that's totally you

I can with almost 100% certainty say it's a ponzi. Even just 3%/month would be insane. Do whatever you must do to get them out of it.

I have a background in finance fwiw.

every board on this fucking website. "I want her to brap in my face. I want to sniff her feet!" It's so based

Pathetic, you'll die unhappy

A guy I know, his parents put 10k into a ponzi and made a lot of money. Feel how the the hype is going for this thing and take profit asap. If they are in early then they will be fine. Just make sure they don't fomo.