/SMG/ - Stonk Maketto Generalissimo

THE FINAL HABBEDING IS AT HAND EDITION

ON THIS EPISODE: BUY THE DIP? HOLD FIAT? OR START HEDGING YESTERDAY?

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

On the last episode of /smg/

Attached: 1501020646633.png (600x394, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SCDZ6QYYPuQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative#Motivation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

12% Santa rally into January followed by recession during Q1 reporting

Attached: 878E459C-199F-4A4D-8202-D93DADE12B24.jpg (288x325, 45K)

[REDACTED]-free first post

Attached: GUEST_fdd05210-6f1f-44fd-92e3-4100ee0c47f5?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.jpg (488x488, 21K)

HABBENING

Attached: SpecOps.jpg (500x375, 49K)

This thread is now Happening/Disaster preparedness thread. Is having fiat or stocks even going to matter if those banks and currencies fall?

Pure hooey. We are at multi decade lows for dollars right now. With markets crashing, what are the hard currencies left? The Euro? GTFO. Deutsche bank IS the most stable bank right now in Europe and its a shit show.

The Remnibi. Their banks are teetering, the government is dumping a Obama level stimulus package every 17 days just to keep it afloat AND you think the Chinese give a rat fuck about a Gwai-lo's expectations of being fair? Your money's going to be the first on the bonfire pal.

That leaves Canada / Australia which are the most sane financially in the world, with maybe a lingering glance towards Japanese yen. I highly doubt all the scared dumb money flowing out of the falling economies of the world can be safely liquidated in countries economies of that relative size.

Despite our entitlment / debt / insane politics issues we are still by a long stretch the safest money to store and hold cash for at least 20-30 years. And with a global capital crisis coming down the pipe, I can't see anybody trusting the EU or China over USA in terms of cash holdings.

the golden bullrun starts tomorrow

Attached: ao.jpg (305x306, 26K)

>Horse shit. We are at multi decade lows for dollars right now. With markets crashing, what are the hard currencies left? The Euro? GTFO. Deutsche bank IS the most stable bank right now in Europe and its a shit show.

>The Remnibi. Their banks are teetering, the government is dumping a Obama level stimulus package every 17 days just to keep it afloat AND you think the Chinese give a rat fuck about a Gwai-lo's expectations of being fair? Your money's going to be the first on the bonfire pal.

>That leaves Canada / Australia which are the most sane financially in the world, with maybe a lingering glance towards Japanese yen. I highly doubt all the scared dumb money flowing out of the falling economies of the world can be safely liquidated in countries economies of that relative size.

>Despite our entitlment / debt / insane politics issues we are still by a long stretch the safest money to store and hold cash for at least 20-30 years. And with a global capital crisis coming down the pipe, I can't see anybody trusting the EU or China over USA in terms of cash holdings.

There has to be suiscides from lost hope before the bounce - not seeing it yet. S&P 2290 by early Jan.

whats going to be the best performing stock of 2019? and why is it LCI?

It’s gonna be GE and none of you fags are fueling your rocket ship

*SQQQ

Let's talk strategy. What's everyone's move going to be starting early tomorrow? I'm buying more puts on Deutsche Bank.

If green, go long into next and cut it there before the new year begins

EVERYBODY TOLD ME TO HEDGE WITH CRYPTO
I HEDGED WITH CRYPTO AND IT CRASHED
THEN I BOUGHT MORE INTO STOCKS
AND THEY CRASHED
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I'VE LOST 2 YEARS OF MARKET GAINS

Attached: 1536744754737.jpg (591x716, 20K)

good luck with that. Market cap is big enough that i'd wait for a clear trend reversal before buying that hot potato

Trump is trying to crash market right now so that the last part of his presidency will be a bull market.. Just gotta get the crash over with... ya dig?

>buy the dip?
>hold fiat?
>start hedging yesterday?

Literally all wrong plays lmao. Your best possible play right now is to sell premium and wait for faggots to get IV crushed.

lci in the lead, for now

Attached: 7dollar2.png (1858x771, 103K)

Puts on SPY.. long on undervalued stocks like LCI

Retard

why are you promoting this garbage meme of a stock?

Attached: lciguy_morelike_lcidied.png (773x477, 28K)

>the golden bullrun starts tomorrow

Gimme like three days of pumping and I'm good.

it's actually not garbage.. but thanks for the chart that everyone has. Do you always base your decisions off hindsight?

futures down again.

Cheapies!

Attached: 303.jpg (910x879, 55K)

I'm all-in gold. If the market goes south tomorrow I'm cashing out while I'm still green.

Warren Buffet says when he dies and his wife gets all his money, 10% of it will go to treasury bonds.
Do you have 10% bonds, user?

No one is replying to you because it's impossible to refute what you've so clearly stated. fuk these tards

Its a disjoint
We are going to 3000. Buy the hounds

Attached: disjoint2.png (607x658, 31K)

Mmm grayons

No, Uncle Powell. NO.

Attached: 1542750214064.png (500x522, 210K)

Yah. GOVT

Rest in peace Harblong Cassidy, another tripfag life claimed by the memes

Attached: Screenshot_20181220-221533.png (1080x1920, 114K)

>Trump
>The Federal Reserve

Choose one (1)

What's a highly recommended brokerage? I've been using RobinHood, but it doesn't seem to be able to trade every stock I'm trying to buy into.

Interactive Brokers

>still thinks everything in higher power isn't fabricated

Attached: 1536899771314.jpg (615x615, 72K)

Trade deal is dead in the water, rates will keep going up and the labor market is still tight. Companies have been stockpiling like mad ahead of tariffs and this has driven up cost for storage considerably. At this point it doesnt even matter if the tariffs go in or not. The stockpiles mean most retailers will stop importing early next year regardless. If demand starts to fall when that happens expect all hell to break loose when companies are stuck with all these bloated inventories they cant sell.

Attached: Screenshot_20181221-054023_Reuters.jpg (1080x1552, 465K)

Who here wants a black Christmas. let's start this great depression off right tomorrow..

Attached: source (1).gif (500x279, 1.91M)

/put/ the bulls in their graves.

Attached: BEARGANGBEARGANG.png (776x436, 70K)

Hi guys what are the best cheapies to buy?

puts

The ones that grant you the ability to sell them at a higher price than what you bought them for at a later date.

Attached: searching_stocks.png (448x292, 173K)

Buy tencent. Chinese recession is over.

Wouldn't even touch US until S&P breaks below 2300

How do I go back to the beginning of October 2018? I want to go back and sell everything and start shorting.

Attached: 1495912250085.jpg (919x720, 59K)

Attached: MW-HA768_bearte_20181220203402_NS.jpg (640x1315, 224K)

>Deutsche bank IS the most stable bank right now in Europe
it doesn't matter if there is an stable bank if one bank crash all will
>Japanese yen
japanese (boj) have buyed a high amount of us debt if us fall japan will also fall
> the safest money to store and hold cash for at least 20-30 years
not good if you (us) have a high inflation rate better to pick gold

Attached: clem 1.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

Futures on s&p500 is fucking 1% positive where are my bulls at ?

Dubs please be true

gold is a hedge against instability, not inflation. If your holding for 20-30 years then there's no reason not to go with either stocks or TIPS.

If you're supposing that whatever crash occurs actually undermines US treasuries, however, then the US dollar is going down with it unless we somehow switch back to it being backed by gold or some other commodity.

its witching friday, 4 different kinds of options expire today

expect massive volatility, big surprise swings

Attached: ad @#$% did i just make a deal with.jpg (720x1107, 164K)

>gold is a hedge against instability, not inflation

but it does hedge against inflation. see iran

It hedges against inflation no better than most other commodities.

Its 0.07% negative, my dude.

But I'm bull regardless.

Attached: 1538968783593.png (528x321, 157K)

its been up 0.8% every day this week but weve been down 2% each day.

>buy high

Be honest, just how bad is this Friday going to be?

Attached: 1049481632546.jpg (506x480, 68K)

BIG BULL

great, I have $20k worth of orders waiting to get filled. Then I'll unwind all those positions by 10am EST

complete slaughter of century
bloodiest day in stock market history

1000s of wall st jumping out window

Attached: 1532001300188.png (1520x1050, 1.4M)

Jim cramer said we should of dropped 1000 points on last wednesday and its for some reason odd we didnt drop as much. He also said back in october if the fed hikes in december your goina wish you sold at these prices. He has been negative about everything market related and doubling down on how the fed is behind on future growth due to companies and cfos lowering guidance and slowing investments.

I know cramer shills and gives air time to meme stocks but he was one of the best performers on the street in his time and he proved those connections with his plays in past downturns. He might of shilled bear sterns like he shills nearly every stock but when it comes to pointing out stocks broadly selling off and rate hikes going to cause a lot of pain he is dead on.

I seriously think cramer let out peaks of his street insider info lately. He is well aware we still havent seen the big 1000 dow drops in a day lately. He must be aware top dogs want to start selling which explains the past three months of consitent unloading and faded rallies.

Even if its just a cyclical bear market cramer is probably right we havent seen the worste

What is up with LABu lately? Healthcare is defensive no?

>looking for human slaughter house pics that are SFW so can make allegory post that represents stock market tomorrow

>find That Episode of Spongebob Squarepants where Squidward is the manager of a Human Meat Slaughterhouse

Attached: SquidwardMeat.png (1205x961, 1.14M)

He looks like a cave goblin trying to scam an aryan ceo lord.

Attached: 7d158caf-9251-481f-ae6d-f3398d8d28fd-original.jpg (960x882, 120K)

with any luck you'll be the first to jump

Attached: murder her, save yourself.jpg (234x496, 68K)

CHF?

ha, never
this has been very informative sleepless pain night of guro browsing tho

Attached: humanmeat1.png (1003x1096, 754K)

So do I sell my stocks and wait this out?

Attached: cara-nasa.jpg (660x1024, 178K)

I keep buying the dip, but the dip keeps dipping. Now I have no money left to make more investments. What do?

Attached: you-will-be-immediately-killed.png (500x300, 97K)

My cat told me that things will be okay in the long run, and if you make sensible and prudent financial decisions you'll eventually succeed
Thank you kot

Attached: 1545275021308.jpg (640x853, 63K)

>Mattis announces resignation
>Trump announces that he is pulling 7000 american troops out of Afghanistan (about half the American military presence) less than 12 hours later

It begins...

Attached: 1521150919637.gif (500x418, 957K)

>either stocks
depending on meager or no dividents
depending on speculation which stock is the best and will not fall in a market where price is formed by anxious people
>or TIPS
(introduced in the late 1990s never seen an hyperinflatin whose return is adjusted using the CPI)
no thanks

Attached: clem small.jpg (320x180, 20K)

Would you guys recommend shorting $GS. News from that Malaysian scandal thing is spreading.

Hey Faggots,

My name is Jerome, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are poor, retarded, degenerates who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass charts. You are everything bad in the the economy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any profits? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of their gambling addictions on weekly options and chinese scam stocks, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than buying BGFV at $9.50.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shorts. I'm pretty much perfect. I am Chair of the Federal Reserve of the United States, and hand picked by President Trump. What investments do you make, other than "buying the LCI dip because of muh share structure and epic short squeeze"? I also get mad gains, and have a banging hot interest rate (I just did some rape hikes; Shit was SO crash). You are all faggots who should just liquidate your portfolios and apply for a job at McDonald's. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my FED Funds Rate.

Attached: 426E4874-E42D-4CBE-9DA4-9E254482D928.jpg (600x622, 69K)

My cat says people should read more

Attached: IMG_20180818_200013.jpg (3036x4048, 3.1M)

>communist goldbug faggots seriously believe this

thats gonna be a yikes from me

Attached: real returns equal to 1 dollar in 1871.png (483x413, 20K)

Will I be safe if I park my funds into etfs? I feel like I've chosen a worst time to start investing.

Attached: 1539752480837.png (466x470, 471K)

Nope
You should chosen REITs

bull trap at open, then back to dumping

Attached: D580102B-1081-4CD4-BBB9-0093CB85C05D.jpg (1210x881, 372K)

I was referring to index or blue chip funds.

If TIPS, a treasury security, fail to live up to their promise, then we'd all be having much bigger problems then where to allocate investments.

On the contrary this is exactly what I mean. Gold doesn't loose it's value due to inflation because its a commodity with a real exchange rate, but it also doesn't perform as well as other investments that have interest. Hence my disagreement with the other user. If gold actually does perform better in the long run than stocks or treasuries because of, say, hyper inflation and the resulting crisis, these kind of considerations will all be secondary. In every other scenario, you're better off with stocks or treasuries.

This is fine.
I lost 5% on Airbus. Won 2% on Ubisoft. I'm thinking about withdrawing my entire stock portfolio I'll get mating-pressed by taxes but I don't care. Recession is coming, like it or not.

Attached: Sans titre.png (1795x976, 388K)

When the market is on a strong downtrend like this you're supposted to buy short etfs not buying spx, are you a brainlet or something?

>cherrypicking

Attached: SR-budget-book-2015-chart-4-1600 (1).png (1600x919, 335K)

>>cherrypicking "projected" hypothetical data that is already outdated

Attached: world population 1900.png (7376x3308, 652K)

gold futures are negative!!!

>rising us debt "hypothetical data"

Attached: US-National-Debt-and-Interest-Paid-and-Cumulative-Deficits-2.jpg (1002x644, 200K)

Ah you can see right where the bush tax cuts came in. Regardless, like I said, if the US defaults on its debts they're taking the whole financial system and modern capitalist order down with them. You want to bet against that you dont buy gold, you buy a bunker or a ticket to some place tropical

Attached: 9b2f9cabe06c528a629f1ddfdd42fbae16e5b3fe.png (750x500, 345K)

Guys its simple, the market is either gonna go up or down, just pick the right one

>bush tax cut
i do not believe that politics could have prevented this

Attached: expotentionelles wachstum 1.png (578x434, 108K)

The issue is that the trend line before the tax cuts didn't look look like a hockey stick before the bush tax cuts. It looks more like an S with a plateau forming just before 2001 and deficits going down. The fact of the matter is that government spending is a political as much as economic exercise, I don't see how you could separate the two.

All of you need to listen to this at least 5 times.
youtube.com/watch?v=SCDZ6QYYPuQ

sure you can tax the shit out of American companies or you can make as much damage as possible to em's china russia

Attached: clem bernd.png (711x426, 238K)

>you can make as much damage as possible to em's china russia
More like to the rest of the world outside of China and the US
Especially US firms, big and small.
If this is a chess move, it is stupid in every sense of the world

gommie shapes his opinions on his bias against capitalism. dont read his posts, don't reply to his posts.

I think they want to crack china no matter what it costs because a winning china would be really bad for the us
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative#Motivation
sorry but i have to go to work now (late shift in germany)
t. german

Attached: overlord Clementine2.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

FUCK JANNIES AND FUCK GOMMIES

I will go full-retard in 3.5 hours and short the DOW with my remaining money. That's my last chance to make enough money to pay for my bills this year.

Attached: 1520792357898.jpg (519x537, 63K)

your cat is a nigger, it can't read

If you feel I'm being unreasonable on any given point you should say so user.

at the very least I don't have a gambling addiction.

Hoooooold, stay on target. Stay on target.......