Jow Forums approved games

>SimCity 4 (the best)
>Cities Skyline
>Capitalism 3
>Rollercoaster tycoon
>Civilization series ?
>Open transport tycoon

Also ITT: which is better cities skyline or simcity 4?

Attached: SimCity_4_cover.jpg (263x379, 33K)

Capitalism ho!

are you me?

Attached: 1370754288219.png (429x410, 8K)

I will add that , simcity 4 is still a timeless classic and only needs a proper facelift with deeper simulation. IMO if collosal order dont fuck up the next cities game and decide to put everything into the management/economic simulation, it would be the greatest city simulator ever.

I literally spent half of my life among some of those titles.

Right in the feels user.

Attached: 1519675521973.jpg (680x345, 66K)

True Jow Forumsraelis are cut from the same cloth desu

Rate out of 10? I have on my PC but havent played it yet.

tropico6 comes out soon.
looks ok.
If you like sim/management games, the tropico games are light and fun. I really enjoy them.
simtower is pretty Jow Forums as well

My pleasure. Tell me user, after having spent your formative years building virtual words, watching them grow and shrink, sharpening your mind to the multi faceted aspects of city management, did you come to appreciate the complexity of your own environment as you wondered through it and did the lessons learned in the game shape your perspectives on it immensely as it did for me?

Ive probably listened to a thousand hours of that salsa music

Capitalism 2 is the ultimate Jow Forums game, but its so fucking old now. i wish trevor chan or someone would make a capitalism 3 already.

still playing SC4 with the NAM addon and a folder full of bats.
that game is GOAT tier.
the newer simcity games don't come close

>Crusader Kings 2
>Victoria 2
>Hearts of Iron 2/4
>Theme Hospital
>Peggle Extreme
>Anno 1404
>Europa Universalis IV
>DOOM

>Tropico
>Tropico 2: Pirates’ Cove
>Civ 5
>The Guild 2

SimCity 3000 was god tier. While still enjoyable, SC4 was like the beginning of the end

RuneScape, just because of the grand exchange, any MMO with trading.

Is it just me that really enjoyed the fact that you could invest in the stock market in GTAV while roaming around doing your typical shit? Obviously you couldn't buy anything except a few cars and weapons with the money you earned, but imagine if the game was more in-depth when it came to investing and being able to buy houses, decoration to the houses/condos, companies, land, etc etc.
If the rumors about GTA 6 being way larger than the GTAV map and more diverse a.k.a more major cities than only one are true.. then I hope something like pic related will be it, I truly hope they go deeper with it. Being able to buy houses near the beach in Miami while controlling parts of the market, buying condos/small houses all over the world and running a drug operation in the desert (for example) would be fucking next level.

Attached: ce7b006bee20963f6759702c15975ae4.jpg (4500x3300, 1.79M)

This, Cities Skylines is basically a traffic flow simulator, everything else like zoning, taxes and the whole economic aspect was way too easy imo.

you could buy mansions/flats in gta vice city.

Truly timeless, i got my 14 year old bro hooked on it. When will we see the marriage of simcity 4 tier simulation and cities skyline tier graphic. That game , if done right would be the true GOAT.

paradox is trash, and you're a low functioning, low-iq normie, living in the delusion that you're a highly functioning autist.

Oldschool runescape

Attached: AhFp5OF.png (733x406, 128K)

i haven't played Sim City 4 but got super bored with Cities: Skylines. i would need some kind of story campaign to be able to enjoy it

a little odd because i enjoyed Banished and it doesn't have a story campaign but i guess simply building a modern city that is like my own reality just doesn't do it for me

Attached: eg.jpg (1920x1080, 793K)

Missed out on that one user, what were the market dynamics like?

I thought this was mall tycoon for a second there, adding mall tycoon to the list. Never played this though.

>GTA 6 being way larger than the GTAV map and more diverse a.k.a more major cities
it better be, GTA 5 was released five years ago and knowing how much they have milked from multiplayer the budget for the next title should be astronomical. they better not fuck up the series and gimp the offline single player experience just to milk more money. multiplayer has never interested me in gta.

Attached: GTA2.jpg (551x412, 69K)

Free market with an unlimited supply of resources being generated via combat and skilling.

Your clearly not fit for the Jow Forums world if you dont enjoy hours of reworking entire sections of city just for traffic optimization, setting tax policy and fiddling with budget sliders, zoning then rezoning, underfunding shit , taking out massive loans, disperately trying to prevent mass out migration,finally getting the money to build a subway system only to find nobody using it even when the fares are free etc etc

Offworld Trading Company. Its like capitalism: the game. You basically start up a corporation making goods and try to outcompete your rival corps with the end goal of buying them out as a subsidiary. Its really good too, supply and demand, market forces, and its all still fun. Its a great game.

I thought I would enjoy Cities Skylines but I really didn't. Surprising. Some missions that give a pat on the back and some kind of story dialogue would solve that. "Good thing you cleared up the traffic, old man Johnson feel much better now knowing he can get to the hospital in time."

Prison Architect was pretty fun for a while.

Attached: screenshot.jpg (2560x1440, 1.44M)

Did that game teach you a thing or two about trading and bargaining?

Play simcity 4

>SimCity 2k & 3k
>Civilization V
>Factorio
>Frostpunk (simple but great city builder)

I wish there was a good real estate mafia game. Where you could try and take over a city and you could either do it benevolently or by breaking lots of legs.
I'm surprised no-one has said EVE Online, that's basically "economic spreadsheets - the game".

Attached: 1540753395884.gif (768x256, 693K)

Cities Skyline and all 3D copies of SimCity are soul-less.

Nothing beats the isometric projection and hand-drawn buildings of SC4 and SC3000. Those games have charm and the humour is subtle. I miss Maxis.

Attached: 1544637485955.jpg (399x388, 33K)

Fucks me off how they dumbed down a lot of these games for zoomers to play

FTL make me lost a lot of time

Attached: ss_052d698926073e8d407a864f0e63a486af24ec0d.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

I will studiously avoid the EVE online rabbit hole thank you very much

Problem with that game is its fun only in early game. As soon as you start scaling up you run into micromanagement overload because the AI executives that are supposed to help you don't work.

old school runescape resembled free market dynamics like no other game

if you became rich in rs, you can become rich irl.

Totally agree. Those games were made by small teams, which made the guts of the games way better than most new AAA games. Graphics honestly aren't that important, they can be replaced with hand drawn sprites if the content in the game is good enough.

Attached: 1538144843354.jpg (480x517, 45K)

The original Victoria beats all else.. Victoria Revolutions. Nothing comes close to what you are able to do in that game.
Im assuming youre talking about new paradox, old paradox is unbelievable

Industry Giant 2

Addicting af

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 391K)

Attached: MV5BYTM4NDMyZWUtNTI3Mi00YzEzLTk5MjAtYzQzNTEzNDMyN2M2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM2MDQ5NTU@._V1_.jpg (800x969, 155K)

Rimworld

Attached: organharvesting.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

Civilization 3 has this weird mechanic where the difficulty scales up or down exponentially depending on how good you are with the game, but not in the way you would expect.

Regardless of the difficulty level, if you're bad at the game, the AI will become very aggressive with its demands and would war often with you. If you're good at the game, the AI will become meek and weak, like it has already given up.

wait, theres a capitalism 3?

oh nvm, there isn't - OP is just a larping faggot who tries to impress anonymous people on a lebanese asperger self-help-forum by pretending to like things he has never actually put time into

Factorio is worth checking out. It's honestly my favourite capitalism simulator.

SC4 is the classic now? I remember it as a big disappointment. The cities were so small and the advisors were all boring Sims models with zero personality. SC3K was the great one, though it was super easy

I used to love trading in the auction house in WoW, you could literally dominate the market on smaller servers back in the days