/smg/ - Stupid Market General

The super shakeout before massive crash edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on options:
pastebin.com/vWhvyuCd

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last time, on /smg/

Attached: 1540681879350 - Copy.jpg (1440x1080, 386K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1bCG5_qzUV0
youtu.be/v96wkt38EU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>orange man bad

Attached: 1522429045066.png (1200x1505, 1.81M)

Nice pump, bulls

HOWEVER

another green day bears BTFO

>he bought?

fucking Australian posters

and people forgot about the fed news already

I started on RH like 3 months ago buying boomer ETFs. Only like $1000. Should I just sell and go all in crypto/cash and then buy back when were far down?

embrace it

Attached: Market loss.gif (320x226, 3.37M)

me got played like fiddle today
quite humiliating actually

its gonna be a long weekend of self reflection and regret and analyze

Attached: 1542670418109.jpg (390x478, 25K)

shaken not stirred

Consider shorting instead

ahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>under 2470
motherfucker dumped again? why? who the fuck is in charge with this shit

Attached: 1490448990708.png (900x900, 17K)

>Nice pump, bulls

Attached: Market Bull Trap.png (953x578, 27K)

Remember when OPEC said they would cut production to raise prices? They always fucking lie.

Attached: GUEST_e3c578db-014d-408d-b8ca-d23d6bbefe76.jpg (488x488, 26K)

I am so happy and grateful now - that money comes to me, in increasing quantities through multiple sources on a continuous basis.

youtu.be/1bCG5_qzUV0

Attached: 1545405639515.png (744x752, 843K)

Fuck this market.

Can you bulls please start a rally so I can short at a higher price? I’m don’t want to short here

Unironically this time.

Good luck everyone.

youtu.be/v96wkt38EU8

there are no bulls here, they left a long time ago

>fudge orange cheeto
You managed to not get a single meme right. Congratulations!

pic related bulls

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1024x765, 169K)

lmao what the fuck is happening?

Attached: 1543132026616.jpg (1280x1920, 1.14M)

pic related bears

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (560x350, 42K)

$246 is getting tested hard, if we break here the buyers have truly left for the year and it's all ogre.

Kek, is that OC?

This is the bottom of the day.

DAILY REMINDER MY NAME IS JOHN AND I HATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU HERE AND YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS THAT BOW DOWN TO ME.

Attached: LIZARD BOSS.jpg (2400x1894, 394K)

>no ones defending trump anymore

Attached: 1545377027253.gif (268x268, 340K)

But isn't he withdrawing troops from the middle east? Isn't that good?

it's good for the rest of the world, but it's bad for the US, so it's bad for the rest of the world

user, I....

Attached: screenshot.2018-12-21 10.26.07.png (375x158, 44K)

Does this decrease our taxes or are we still paying for this fucks to take a vacation?

Because conservatives actually have jobs and don't have time to shitpost you commie fucker?

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

my autism edition

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.39.04 PM.png (576x675, 115K)

Tha world is mine nigga get back
Dont fuck with my stack the gage is racked
About to drop the bomb I am tha motherfuckin don
Big fish in a small pond
Now tha feds wanna throw the book at the crook
But I shook they worm and they hook
Guppies hold they breath they wanna miss me
When Iam tipsey
Runnin everything WEST of the Mississippi
Its the unseen pullin strings wit my pinky ring
We got your woman so pucker up
FO we fuck her up
Bow down before I make a phone call
Got 25 niggaz runnin up on ya'll
Fo the cheese we want them keys
Everybody freeze on ya knees butt naked please
Before any of you guppies get heart
Nigga rewind my part and....(Bow Down)

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (800x531, 38K)

It is kinda funny. If this thread openly mocking Trump was made even a few months ago it would have been swarming with trunptards saying all sorts of nasty things lol. I remember how many Jow Forums trunplets used to post in this thread.

Hopefully they lost all their money by now.

>TME

Is golden today. Buy buy buy

what's your disability lmao

What the eff is happening to mid cap mutuals?

Where do I go for more info? Will this get worse once the govt shuts down?

Hey Faggots,

My name is Jerome, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are poor, retarded, degenerates who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass charts. You are everything bad in the the economy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any profits? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of their gambling addictions on weekly options and chinese scam stocks, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than buying BGFV at $9.50.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shorts. I'm pretty much perfect. I am Chair of the Federal Reserve of the United States, and hand picked by President Trump. What investments do you make, other than "buying the LCI dip because of muh share structure and epic short squeeze"? I also get mad gains, and have a banging hot interest rate (I just did some rape hikes; Shit was SO crash). You are all faggots who should just liquidate your portfolios and apply for a job at McDonald's. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my FED Funds Rate.

Attached: BA9B4DAF-6057-431B-B8C9-0D628B9935FD.jpg (600x622, 69K)

Hey, what day when markets close next week?

well if you want the truth, the first tax cut was not to benefit us. year over year housing costs were approaching the point of crisis so the tax cut gave people enough money back to avoid the foreclosure domino effect, and it held off the crisis so trump wouldn't need to deal with it.

in reality this shutdown is especially bad since he's going against his own party. even if the old white male senators want to lower your taxes, they can't because of this man.

Pic related

Attached: IMG_3135.png (1125x2001, 260K)

kek i got pulled over in high school driving through a neighborhood playing that cd for disturbing the peace. cop said "i don't like that song." nothing happened since i'm white but i would unironically do the same thing targeting black kids now if i was cop.

monday, christmas eve half day open in nyse and 25th day closed everywhere

Attached: 3c9f1908edf11231fbfb10e7b97606c3--taylor-swift-guitar-taylor-swift-hair.jpg (500x710, 58K)

Imagine recession concerns as someone fishing with dynamites

As first, you get small dead fish and then the fish get bigger and bigger

me remember being assaulted by Jow Forums tards every day when the econmommy was doing good
now they no where to be found kek

this

w-what d-disability @_@

Attached: sweatysnaek.gif (364x489, 526K)

Based BIG GUY Chad of the Fed Reserve

Attached: 1529796732714.jpg (1436x1674, 633K)

>rates go high
>stocks go low

how does anyone in their sane mind would even consider selling their stocks and instead giving the money to the bank on deposit just because the rates gone up by 0,5%?

when will this meme end?

Attached: 1486339926186.jpg (720x507, 59K)

Uncle Powell is the strict relative who is harsh on children but only wants them to grow into good and responsible people

Oohhhhh this is yesterday's reaction when Powell decided to geld the bull, right?

I don't understand how mutual's numbers are delayed like that.

I really doubt orange man is going to get reelected if things keep going like this
I don't think anyone is happy with him, except for a small portion of boomer neocons

Attached: 1538779743232.png (850x1200, 785K)

that would be rather unusual

Imagine being this stupid.

GW got reelected in a shit economy. he started a war and presidents rarely change in middle of war knowing that,

Its not really the best decision considering the state we're leaving things in if we do. ISIS is not defeated and theres a larger geopolitical mess now than there was when we first entered.

Its kinda like finding out your neighbor is fighting his kids and stepping in to help, so you pussyfoot around the dad instead of actually solving the problem, get him pissed off and publicly embarrased, take the kids in at your house only to find out your dumb ass doesnt actually have the means to support his 11 offspring. Meanwhile dad's been getting crazier and drunker day by day and stocking up on weapons. Releasing the kids back to the dad at that point is pretty fucked up. A smarter move would have been to make the man see the error in his ways and empowering the kids to defend themselves instead of destabilizing shit and leaving everyone out to dry.

I am so happy and grateful now - that money comes to me, in increasing quantities through multiple sources on a continuous basis...

youtu.be/1bCG5_qzUV0

Attached: 1545401874605.jpg (720x453, 23K)

Anyone else not feeling shorting as just generally? It feels like a filthy thing to do, like rooting for a recession is some Bill Maher tier faggotry, I have barely shorted at all. I guess that is why I'm staying poor while everyone shorts SPY down to 200.

Guess there is a lower bound to human retardation

Stay poor faggot

t. poor faggot

The boomers are selling their retirement as they cant into safe investments.
We have exceeded mean growth rates on the markets for a few years, this was bound to happen.
The fed will be blamed and hopefully dissolved. US will go back to gold and silver backed currency and renig on all foreign investments into our debt. The world economy will crash leaving us at the top of the food chain.
RKG was right all along.

When he got reelected, most people in the US was still thought invading the Middle East was justified, 9/11 was a very recent memory

>Does this decrease our taxes
Where do you think you are?

Ae you stupid? Rates up means corporations cant lend free money anymore and overall the influx of money into the system slows down. This slows growth of business and thus stocks tank. There is no more profit to be made so bag holders sell off to make money elsewhere and smart people go short now and make bank. Im up 2% today because my puts make more money then my stocks loose.

>Its not really the best decision considering the state we're leaving things in if we do.
You're right. I'm sure with 17 more years of occupation, the middle east would start to suck a little less.

Attached: 1543455898405.jpg (197x198, 13K)

>It feels like a filthy thing to do
why

Hoping for something and realizing something is going to happen regardless of what you personally want are different things.

So I'm gonna give you guys a huge clue to how you should buy stocks and not lose any money. Divide your buying power by 512 and that's the maximum price per share of stock you should invest in.

But user, what about options.

Any oldfags around? Will there be liquidity in options if a 2008 style crash happens?

Welp, more capital losses going on the tax return next year.

You are discounting the chaos candidate vote. I think Trump is going to lose/not run 2nd go around, but I will vote for him if he does, for ending wars in middle east and grenading DC swamp politics.

Attached: 1542941952097.jpg (257x196, 8K)

small specs like us are at the advantage in those times. Our piddly 1-2 contract bids can fluctuate the bid/ask as the big boys cant fill their 100 lots orders on the floor.

Attached: 1520172789728.png (800x800, 84K)

Gov shutdown when?

At the very least we should work to leave the shit the way we found it.

t. Unironically at best middle class faggot

That is completely arbitrary and retarded
Price per share doesn't make any difference (if anything, a smaller price would make you lose more, since penny stocks are more volatile than other stocks)

Attached: 1533133667522.png (500x518, 241K)

>Because conservatives actually have jobs
nice joke

Attached: images.jpg (299x168, 6K)

fucking put your trips on faggots.

This isn't Trump's fault. What the FED did for the past 10 years was criminal.

>trump
>neocon

u wat m8?

Post-Cold War american foreign policy has generally been retarded, but the US leaving the Middle East is extreme. It feels like the dogma of US foreign policy is being reverted to non-interventionism for the first time after ~70 years.

Attached: 1537488651465.jpg (504x415, 27K)

any one else looking to swing NIO when it hits 6

>Thinks fed can be dissolved...
Not gonna make it

seal

He is literally queer. Don't pay attention to him.

TRUMPLING DOWN
TRUMPLING DOWN
TRUMPLING DOOOOWN

SPY about to dump hard. Buy puts.

Lol pimpin' and dealin' dont count nigger

#MAGA

Attached: SmartSelect_20181220-113528_Chrome.jpg (1350x887, 175K)

is rkg still alive?

Attached: biz brain meme.jpg (684x1388, 283K)

Your mutual shit follows the market
My bioshit PF is getting JUSTed so hard rn

She is everywhere and yet no where
She is everything and yet nothing

Is there an argument to be made for the next crash being anywhere near ‘08 level? All I read is that banks are nowhere as leveraged so the next one won’t be as severe.