Some people say buy gold. Some people say it's a bad investment because it doesn't gain interest...

Some people say buy gold. Some people say it's a bad investment because it doesn't gain interest. I don't know who to believe.

34 year old, 50k in Roth IRA. After I max out my Roth each year, should I look at gold or more mutual funds?

Attached: Gold Reuters.jpg (620x425, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@ethereumfoundation/scaling-ethereum-with-erc-20-blue-ercb-in-2019-e5e58f5d986c
youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy silver
Above ground physical supplies are about 1 to 1 with gold
Bur you can buy 60+ oz for every oz of gold deal of the millennia

Attached: so good.jpg (900x1200, 305K)

If you're getting on in age and have benefactors you'd like to leave an estate to then it's a good idea to transfer some of your wealth to gold.

It's not an investment, it's a nontaxable store of value.

It's a lot better to hand your offspring a box with 500k of gold coins than leave them 500k in fiat and let the estate tax rape them.

Besides that it's not a practical investment. It's great for avoiding mobetray policy which would otherwise depreciate your wealth, but it's not a practical investment in terms of appreciating wealth.

What about gold/ silver etf?

Stock scrub here

Mobile posting, excuse my wpfdbaoaoe

o

Better to buy some mutual funds in the life cycle sector. Buy some gold to hold, but not anymore than 10 percent of your money.
this user is wrong unless you are wanting to pass wealth down before death. After death it is better to have the assets on paper so you might as well have investment grade bonds/treasuries.

>After death it is better to have the assets on paper
But why? The other user explained why that is not the case.

I was implying handout before death, or if youre going to hold onto them until death put it in writing that the gold belongs to "X" and youre simply keeping it on yoir property for safekeeping. Personally not a fan of holding paper assets at death, everyone in my family has liquidated real estate holdings and such prior to death and passed the value on in a cleverer way. Big family, each od my grandparwnts had 8 kids. overall it's probably saved us from paying several million in estate tax. It's important to make the transfer before death to do it properly.

Sorry should have been clearer. It is EASIER to pass on gold after death without paying estate tax because it is small and easy to handout without paperwork. That said t be in the legal green you must always tranger property prior to death in order to avoid paying estate tax (legally)

In the US your exemption is too high for estate tax to really matter. Also gold is like holding cash. When your dead anyone can take it and your beneficiaries wouldn't know anything. One of the things that keeps my crazy old ass alive is the fact that I need to protect my gold.

Ahhhh just googled that. I'm in leafistan and exemptions are not nearly as generous. We have to be really creative, assumed there'd be similar parallels.

If you're in the us and worth less than 11 mil you good OP.

>buying gold
>not buying ERCB

medium.com/@ethereumfoundation/scaling-ethereum-with-erc-20-blue-ercb-in-2019-e5e58f5d986c

Estate tax doesn’t exist until you hit 11.8 mil

You're American, so you have enviably cheap silver. Stack silver, maybe a little gold too.

>silver about to hit $16
Based

Agree with this but there are large mines coming on stream in a few years in the Americas. Also once the boomers join the dots they’re more likely to move into gold than silver so i’d buy both.

Go into SLV and GLD. You can play options too if you're feeling ballsy, they have nice low percentage premiums.

BTC is not private or fungible.

What use does a large corporate entity or institution have with a coin that can be analysed through chain analysis so that their competitors, foreign governments, or other bad actors can analyse all of their transactions data?

Information leaked includes relationships, supply chains, profit and loss information, accumulated wealth, and more.

For people serious about Business Monero is the answer. Data mining will be a serious issue for commercial deployments.

youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg

Attached: 1aa.webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

Fuck off with your crypto bullshit

so, let's say you stumble upon a secret gold reserve in an old house. And you want to exchange it to, you know, actually buy shit, does the US gubberment exercise a tax on it? Or can you get an exact dollar amount for the gold? Do banks do that? Asking for a fren.

Attached: 1546133919490.jpg (480x480, 14K)

Buy more silver! I’ll be purchasing another 25 ozt this evening.

i bought 600oz right before xmas. im up $1 and ounce at this point. I'll probably be buying mining stock at this point tho, my safe is getting too full. if the silver/gold ratio weren't so ridiculous, i would be buying gold too, but meh.

first off, buy silver, markets are predictable as hell and its a lot cheaper, also dont sink everyrhing into a metal, keep stock and metals

OP - gold isn't supposed to gain interest you dumbass. Stocks are investments to make more fiat. A gold ounce is savings and real money.

When I buy a gold ounce at a coin shop in doing so for a completely different reason than when I call by broker and buy stock.

One is to gain more fiat.... and the other is to preserve my fiat gains by converting my wealth to a true store of value.

A gold ounce 900 years ago is still that same ounce of gold today doesn't matter if the dollar or stock market exists or not.

We are on the precipice of a dollar implosion. What good is your 401k going to do for you when the paper currency doesn't buy you shit or you have to take a 90% haircut on your paper wealth.

Moreover..... in a currency reset/gold revaluation the people who own even just a little gold and silver will be the beneficiaries of the greatest transfer of wealth in history when this fiat debt laden inflationary Ponzi scheme comes crashing down.

Remember the story of the hotel bellcap in Weimar Republic Germany? Had a measly 25 ounces of gold saved up and after Weimar Republic hyperinflation he was able to buy an entire city block with that small amount of gold.

Obviously you aren't totally sure so keep half in your normie 401k and put half into gold and silver bullion.

Gold is real savings and real money. Do not value gold in terms of worthless paper dollars. Gold didn't all of a sudden become valuable when America was born and the dollar was created right? So why would you be valuing gold in terms of dollars.

You value gold and silver using ratios to other real assets... of which they are both really undervalued. Example of that is 1 single ounce of silver will buy you a few months of food in Venezuela. The dollar value of 1 oz of silver is 17$..... 17$ doesn't even buy you lunch at a bar.... but when the currency fails the purchasing power is unleashed.

Remember a silver piece the size of a silver dime used to be a days wage throughout history.

(Continued)

So basically every silver ounce you buy will equal 14 days wages... since 1 silver ounce equals 14 silver dimes.

So for every 17$ you buy silver with you are locking in at least 2 weeks worth of days wages.

Which means a measly 500 ounces of silver will be equal to at least 20 years worth of days wages when this fiat Ponzi implodes. 500 X 14 silver dimes = about 7,500 days or 20 years worth of days wages

And btw I phone posted the last two posts above this one .... so you better read it

Slight problem with the historical value is that silver is much easier to extract these days than say in Roman times. I agree though, I hope to keep stacking and get up over 100oz by 2020

While that may be true........ there are also billions more people on the planet. So my educated guess is they aren't extracting anymore today relative to the population increase.

So you'll probably have a scenario where 1 silver dime will in fact be worth 2-3 days work (converted to the new currency of course).

Notwithstanding the fact that silver is Highly manipulated so when the pendulum swings there is a very real scenario where gold will be 1 to 1 with gold much higher than the 16 to 1 historical silver to gold ratio

I read it. I like and appreciate your point of view. I've been musing over hedging 2 - 5% into physical precious metals for some time. I reckon ill take the plunge. Just needed a little push

Please. Do more than 5%. We are 21 trillion in debt. You need to understand that the only reason the market has been going up the last 10 years is because of criminally suppressed 0% interest rates.

So peoples funds went up in dollar value but the cost of everything went up as well so your basically not making anything in real terms.

And because we've had 0% interest rates for so long that means an implosion is coming. In this current economic and political climate you shouldn't be interested in increasing your fiat but PROTECTING what you have.

It's not about being in the stock market it's about knowing when to get out.

You need to fundamentally understand that buying stocks or putting fiat into some fund is completely different than buying gold and silver. One if to make fiat because we are in a fiat system and the other is to lock in your gains and become your own bank.

That's really what it is.... you aren't actually even buying gold when you buy it.... all you are doing is converting your wealth from worthless paper to real money and a real store of value and becoming your own bank.

Then when fiat fails you prosper big time

I understand. I agree with what your saying and i appreciate the reminder it has made a diffrrence. I myself am happy hedging 5% though at the present :)

Wish an eye for more though

USLV is a money maker also

Good point, forgot about population growth. I hope you’re right, not holding gold yet but have a decent silver stack, all of them eagles