/smg/ - Sinking Market General

Literally drowning in cheapies edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks, Pendulum is the king of cope, and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on lean hogs:
theoptionsguide.com/lean-hogs-futures-buying.aspx

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Previous thread:

Attached: 5505d4d598f1f9fcc4ac2331769407af.jpg (795x869, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investing.com/indices/china-a50
youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg
reuters.com/article/us-global-markets/markets-now-wagering-on-fed-rate-cut-china-u-s-trade-talks-calm-nerves-idUSKCN1OX02B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what do i buy tomorrow for yuge gains??

Nikkei is down for another red day.

Amd

SPX...U

Attached: 6531500-sasuke-crazy-face.jpg (1004x750, 257K)

unironically GE

Bullrun scheduled for tommrow

Attached: snxo.png (455x502, 212K)

> tomorrow
Don't. We're not done pink wojaking yet. Buy micron under 30 USD and you're golden though. If Tata Motors fall under 9 USD, buy up too.

It’s funny how /smg/ is boomer tier compared to wallstreetbets

Because they are stupid. Mostly Boomer index with some memefolio. Only way to go.

Attached: 1546559810907.jpg (640x641, 66K)

Hmmm lets check the schedual right here...
Errr...

Ah yes, it says right here, Bull Run canceled, SP to 0.

Attached: e862d1c101f1356671d3126a0507dd7d.jpg (573x809, 183K)

DOW futures up 100+ points
S&P futures green
NASDAQ futures green

Attached: 1546427803910.gif (268x170, 2.97M)

based China

investing.com/indices/china-a50

What’s ur folio?

the partys preparations are perfecto.
I didnt rent this long table and mat for nothing

Listening to anything coming out of wall street is a surefire way to lose money. The only people who make money from wall street are the people who work there.

For everyone else being a boring old index investor is infinitely better.

Anyone actually make big money here?

Why the fuck are futures green???? NOTHING GOOD HAPPENED. Let the market crash and burn. Shut down the unconstitutional PPT. The market needs to die in order to be reborn without corruption. Impeach Trump, cut all ties with China, and let America be reborn as the next empire and leader of world for next 1000 years.

I'm thinking about buying AMD and with that selling weekly covered calls. Trying to put together a dividend portfolio and get away from the memes that have done some damage the past few months.Need to rebuild somehow. Have had the worst timing ever in this fucking market.

GALT, LCI, AMD as of this moment.

BTC is not private or fungible.

What use does a large corporate entity or institution have with a coin that can be analysed through chain analysis so that their competitors, foreign governments, or other bad actors can analyse all of their transactions data?

Information leaked includes relationships, supply chains, profit and loss information, accumulated wealth, and more.

For people serious about Business Monero is the answer. Data mining will be a serious issue for commercial deployments.

youtu.be/FeNYjYA2lVg

Attached: 6aa.webm (1280x720, 2.06M)

please stop buying

Attached: 1nnjwl.jpg (610x424, 170K)

Does anyone know of a program that you can use to create virtual portfolios which backdate?

Im interested in creating some virtual portfolios, but I want to see how they would have performed historically (such as in the last 10 years).

I use my banks brokerage account which lets me do it, but its a hassle to use because I have to manually input the price of the share on the date I wished to buy it, rather than just putting in for example 1 Jan 2009 then seeing how that stock would have grown since then.

1. Put all your money in SPY.
2. Ignore every moron that tells you to do something else (including /SMG/).
3. Retire a multi millionaire.

Attached: e286xw7pob821.jpg (916x434, 139K)

Reversion to the mean, people see bulls see cheap buying opportunities.

people also betting Fed will hold off on rate hikes after the latest economic data, and are seeing hope in the latest round of trade talks.
reuters.com/article/us-global-markets/markets-now-wagering-on-fed-rate-cut-china-u-s-trade-talks-calm-nerves-idUSKCN1OX02B

Out of all these things, only the Fed holding off has promise imo. But even then, it'd only be in response to an escalating crisis.

anyone thinking of shorting genworth?

Sorry but why would you be picking SPY over vanguard which offers lower fees. Its the same index tracking if im not mistaken.

Short
P
Y

Long
C
I

Higher volume and tighter spreads.

Why the fuck is China surging after horrible manufacturing results? How much more proof do you need that the market is rigged? China should be hitting all time lows if anything.

I cant hear you boomers over my chainlink gains

Attached: 1534738276529.jpg (472x472, 119K)

tfw wealthsimple's 0% commission-free trading still has a waiting list

0% on everything including stock

No one gets to win in a bear market.

We sold off enough already that it wasn't that big of a deal.

1.5% currency conversion fee. Have fun.

perfect vincent van gogh Chart that perfectly outlines the SPY shorting tactic tomarroe

this literal gold, me will only give you guys something like this one,

have fun

Attached: SPY-trip-1-4.png (1119x744, 109K)

If anyone wants to jump on the uranium bull, buy FCU sometime soon. Pre-feasibility study for their huge uranium deposit due soon, better than expected drill results back in September, could be a big one. My gains need the nuclear option

is it too late to get on nvax?

Um kiddo, the entire global market is fraudulent. You realize all of this is pure speculation right?

Im sure if you took investing out of the question and removing all the emotion and speculation traders/investors do, the true value of the global economy would be greatly lower than it actually is.

The good news is everyone is getting too rich to let that happen. It doesn't matter if you are the CEO of Goldman or some retail investor with $5,000. Everyone wants investments to go up, so they will eventually one way or another.

Nope but try to jump on if it dips below $2 tomorrow morn

How do you guys find a good biomeme stock

>How do you guys find a good biomeme stock
/smg/

Thanks rkg

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much effect do you think shilling LCI has on the stock price?
Do you think you can get enough newfags on here and stocktwits to boost it, it is this out of benevolence?

What am I looking at here

>On a scale of 1 to 10, how much effect do you think shilling LCI has on the stock price?
depends if they're buying with robinhood or another broker.. i think robinhood does something fishy with the shares people own...

if they are buying with another broker i think theres a lot of effect.. there is 85% institutional ownership and over 50% short the trading is getting really tight.. the more retail buys in and holds till higher the less shares shorts have to cover with.. the big institutions that would've sold have already sold the remainder of the shares on the market the shorts need in order to cover unless they do a SPA(share purchase agreement) with a large institution but i doubt those institutions will sell to them.. they are actually probably lending to the shorts right now and collect the fat interest payment on the borrowed shares.... so yes i think that retail could do a huge part in the stock price for LCI especially since there are very few shares that are actually out there in the market..

Also.. i don't think it's a trade that newfags will understand.. i don't think they understand how important share structure is and supply and demand (the demand will come from the shorts)..

That's really interesting, thank you
I always wondered if LCI posting was a meme or if there was a method to the madness. Makes sense desu

Chinese stock market already collapsed, and it's rigged regardless anyway.

Some of you are alright.
Don't buy any bags tomorrow.

Attached: 1545935116779.jpg (607x503, 120K)

Explain what you think RH does sketchy?

seriously.. think about it.. where the fuck are the shorts going to get shares to cover with? if 85% of the shares are being held by institutions and everyone else holds their shares high as fuck the shorts are going to have to cover with the lowest seller.. what if the lowest seller is some little retail guy with 1,000 shares at $10.. well thats who the shorts are going to have to buy from... the lowest seller... they will cover.. it's a matter of time.. and bulls aren't paying interest on their shares so they can hold and hold high if they actually understand what is going on and they aren't using some shady broker like robinhood that doesn't really follow a traditional brokers rules when it comes to having a contract with your sell limits and stops...

The chart has volume displayed on the right side relative to price level rather than time. There is an enormous quantity of short sellers around $241.

I think robinhood plays with your shares.... like you might not even own the shares when you buy through robinhood.. you might just be "tracking the price"

Other brokers if you set a sell limit or a sell stop those brokers CAN NOT lend your shares out to shorts thus reducing the amount of shares in the float... I heard differently for robinhood.. i could be wrong.. but i have a feeling robinhood does something funky with everyones shares... also find it strange they don't really have a clear realized gains and loss section for stocks like other brokers have...

If that bad news didn't come back in august but instead was good news that the contract has been reinstated.. LCI would have fucking mooned hard.. so anyone that says they seen that coming is straight bullshiting unless they knew inside information... shorts got their chance to cover and they didn't the trade still stands.. the share structure remains the same.. deals are being signed.. drugs are being launched.. expenses being reduced... shorts are in a pickle.. LCI is way undervalued at these levels and shorts need to cover

How do you know they are short sellers?

Also note that shorts are outnumbering longs by around 1.5-1 on average above 240.

I have 810 shares of LCI on Vanguard. I'm not sure if I want to sell out when/if it doubles or hold on for a year no matter what for capital gains purposes.

I don't know much about short selling but I find it odd that people didn't cover after the price more than halved for several months.

Attached: Wut.jpg (433x427, 49K)

Sorry, I should have explained. The green bars on the right hand side are long positions. Red bars are short.

Just because a lot of people think something is going to happen doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

>I have 810 shares of LCI on Vanguard. I'm not sure if I want to sell out when/if it doubles or hold on for a year no matter what for capital gains purposes.
just trade the trade.. if it's at a good price where you feel you should exit i wouldn't even worry about your taxes.. lock in them gains or someone else will... Guy Gentile has a price target of $20.. it very well could get there if everyone holding knows what a short squeeze is and knows how to play it.. problem is a lot of people don't know how to play it.

Lets say the stock takes off for 1-3 days then it drops a little a lot of people will say.. oh.. well.. its done.. but really if all bulls hold all it's doing is trapping more shorts.. problem is a lot of people sell and give into the shorts because they literally have no clue how short squeezes work..

Okay, but how do you know that? Where the fuck does the data stream come from? How do peoples positions get recorded with that much granularity?

I don't recall saying either way what I think the ramifications of this data are, champ.

I bought in at the end of fucking october. Don't talk to me about timing.

Attached: 1528256686423.jpg (1200x1126, 122K)

Wouldn't the SEC have a word with them and aren't they SIPC insured?

No one cares about your data dump without any meaningful analysis, champ. Any moron can post a chart. Use your brain.

Dont worry user, maybe Navi and Zen2 will be the comeback AMD needs. Maybe you can look forward to breaking even in 2020!

>Wouldn't the SEC have a word with them and aren't they SIPC insured?
i'm sure they have figured that out. Wouldn't be suprised if Robinhood is shorting shares to their clients when the client buys and right away puts a bid in at a lower price to fill the order.... crazy shit goes on.. it's wallstreet...

Where else would the massive population put their money? Housing? No that is crashing now. Cash? Inflation will kill you. USD or Euro? If you want the communist party to send you to a re-education camp.

Stocks it is. Which also causes dat der price pump.

I have a question. Lets say that people try to sell there stocks tomorrow but nobody buys. Will the price stay the same or will it drop?

USD is the best place. All others go down in a deleveraging deflation cycle.

The quoted price will remain the same as whatever the last trade was, but the ask price will drop

Stay same. Price is based on last trade. In your scenario no trade would occur so no price update.

depends how they sell.. there will usually always be a market maker there to catch the stock.. when a company initially goes through their S-1 registration they need a market maker to agree to make a market for that security up to a dollar amount.. I believe it used to be 3 market makers had to sign off saying that they will catch the stock.. but it might only be one now.. so even if there isn't an actual buyer there.. there should be a market maker at some point in the falling knife since they agreed to support the stock up to a certain amount............ market makers are there for just that... to make a market

bonds

What brokerage should I use then?

The news redpill: it was priced in already before the headlines were made available to the public. Stories that you see on the TV or the internet are information for the masses, whilst the price mechanism conveys the information for the classes.

Attached: demoralized.jpg (288x325, 16K)

what ever one is good for you. everyone has different wants and needs... if you have a long time frame i don't think it matters desu..

Reminder: the 2yr-10yr treasury spread hasn't inverted yet

AAPL is totally fucked tho

So.... What you are saying is it gets better...

Attached: 9c3001.jpg (500x375, 28K)

This must be realised first before anyone considers trading.

Attached: MfKuwyS.jpg (900x600, 145K)

about damn time

theyve been on autopilot riding on their marketing division for far too long

they havnt had significantly good (comparitivly) hardware for almost a decade now

Attached: GaussianFunctionWithExplanation.png (543x138, 7K)

Why do american depository shares not display a dividend, even if the company has one? Is it just a broker error?
I'm looking at NSANY and NSANF on TDA, and TDA says NSANY doesn't have a dividend
Very confused, plz help

There is no replacing Steve Jobs

Anyone know of a service that let's you construct trading algos so I don't have have to waste a week of my life writing python that works on IB's shit api?

while you old fucks were playing with your little stocks I made 25% on LINK in 24 hours while fucking your daughters.

I'm guessing just broker error.. they should still pay you dividend tho...

You should always check OTCmarkets.com with ADRs imo....

I guess kek
We're not set for a 50% decline like 2007/2008 yet at least

I like the Mac Pro... that trash can thing is actually pretty nice.
They haven't sufficiently innovated their laptops for sure.

>not knowing that the perfect portfolio contains Crypto, Stocks (individual companies and ETFs), precious metals, and land

Great job zoomer! Now you're only at a 50% loss!

Some of you guys are alright. Don't look at the market tomorrow if you own any stock.

Happening thread will be posted tomorrow morning.

So long Bulls.

Attached: 1533267618299.png (624x557, 235K)

2 questions
1) Is "Synergy Pharmaceuticals" a good buy? Merrill Edge showed it as green and it's so cheap, you could buy a ton.
2) Are mutual funds really as simple as "pick someone to magically grow your money"?

Thanks! Makes me nervous looking at NSANY for a potential dividend stock if TDA doesn't recognize it as one, but every other source says it's about a 6% yield
weird

more like they cant make the next "it" thing twice in a row apparently

every services or product they make since 2008 is essentially slaved to the iphone, unlike when ipod and iphone were made, to fail or succeed on their own merits (no mac compy required)

theyve been coasting around their keystone (iphones) for a decade now, instead of looking for the next big thing, they are instead focusing on their current big thing to milk as much cash as they can from it

but their anti-consumer policies are growing too great for their marketing cult to overcome

apple has moved on from a hardware risk taker, to a software self wank company
whether or not the loss of Jobs is to blame is a moot point, they have stopped trying to get ahead of the curve, and instead begun focusing on holding onto the curve with a death grip

(also they have been neglecting their mac, and macbook divisions for years now, this is nothing new, in some ways they did it arguably since the mid 2000's (aughts) as they transitioned to portable hardware)

AAPL works to make their ecosystem inescapable now, instead of making it more enticing than their rival companies
it is a bad omen for their future, especially if they double down with excuses for why they arnt doing as good as they once were (muh china, muh battery issues), instead of looking for a new way to succeed (look at this cool new thing!)

the fact that the best mackintosh compy you can get is a hackintosh, not an apple product, is a small sample of how bad their problems have become on the hardware front

they rely on their marketing team instead of innovation, and that is a terrible way to run any company, regardless of sector or market

Attached: Hackintosh-01[1].png (776x201, 43K)

Shanghai mooning. We gap up today and close +5%.

nah just 128% gains in a year.

Chinese gov announced some stimulus related stuff today.

The problem with your scenario is that you can always sell at the bid price. That's the point of market makers.

Reminder that the only assured way to become a millionaire is to live no better than a stray dog until you're 60 and when you're on your deathbed you can finally enjoy your measly riches.

>apple has moved on from a hardware risk taker, to a software self wank company
I partially agree.
I think they still have taken risks -- the touchbar on the MacBooks, the trashcan shape to the Mac pro, the touch depth thing for iPhones... But they haven't really gone all out with a completely new product field in the way that iPods or iPhones did.
And yes, they do heavily rely on the fact that the Mac OS is just better than Windows, which freezes and crashes all the fucking time... And I'd be using neither if Linux could run the Microsoft Office Suite properly, but it gets hardly any support.

>whether or not the loss of Jobs is to blame is a moot point, they have stopped trying to get ahead of the curve, and instead begun focusing on holding onto the curve with a death grip
Half agree -- they do push the envelope a bit with the features that I mentioned above, but it's like they're afraid of failure in that they haven't tried any wild risks.
They even had that huge fucking pile of money that they completely dumped on stock buybacks.

>(also they have been neglecting their mac, and macbook divisions for years now, this is nothing new, in some ways they did it arguably since the mid 2000's (aughts) as they transitioned to portable hardware)
I completely agree with that.
I think it was pretty justifiable too -- aren't iPhones a tremendous portion of their revenue and profit?