I got feedback from an employer

So I applied for an entry level “data analyst” job which I thought I was qualified for. I progressed to the phone interview with a hiring manager. Thought I did OK but got a rejection email from a HR roastie a few days later. But turns out that the hiring manager really liked me enough to break protocol to give me a private call about feedback. He basically told me this:
>he got around 1300 applications for that one job opening
>most had more experience and better qualifications than me for an ENTRY LEVEL job
>management decided to go with a woman in the end to improve their diversity

>just keep applying to jobs bro. It’s a numbers game :^)

Attached: 049909CA-3E1E-4920-90C0-4183CB98B8BC.jpg (500x500, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act
youtube.com/watch?v=YqSL-_zetzI
youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

women don't ask for raises, safer hire

You sound like you live in Commiefornia?

>1300 applications

Jesus christ

CAPITALISM!

you are just being lazy user, remember that if you dont succeed its your own fault, the system is just fine, other people get jobs, so it must be jew.

firm handshake and eye contact, thats key.

lmao

It's mostly you fault , fuck off if you made bad decisions

Why didn't you told them you were identifying as a negroid genderfluid roastie?

>1300
kek, that's why i don't even bother to try anymore. If you're a white male the game is kike-rigged against you.
Better trying on your own to make few bux with smart investments or monetizing your hobby.

Attached: 1542772565552.png (481x406, 42K)

I guess this explains why I get 0 responses when I apply to Data Analysis type jobs despite having a degree in Mathematics / Statistics + related coursework and projects using R, Python, SAS, Excel, and SQL. (Sent out more than 200+ resumes at this point)

And yet software developer and digital marketing jobs respond to me despite having little to no relevant experience. (maybe I'll get a response per every 30-50)

1300+ applications... holy shit this is why I am joining the army

The executive assistant job in NY receives 400 applicants on a good day (a bad day is 3 times that). Now multiply that by the amount by each EA job you see out there.

user, we are all on the same boat. The whole dick sucking meme isn't a joke and nor is the whole nepotism/cronyism thing either. Even then, those privileged fight each other by seeing who sucks dick the best or who has the best connection in the company. Don't feel bad

>1300 applications for that one job opening

Why are you even applying to these public hires waste of time

Attached: giphy.gif (267x200, 366K)

>muh 4% unemployment

Attached: 1469280671247.jpg (300x373, 40K)

if it makes you feel any better I see literally droves of roasties on Tinder and Bumble that are 22-25 with jobs like "Data Analyst, Marketing Director, Executive, Programmer, Project Manager, Account Manager"

Keep sending those apps out kiddo, one day you'll find something :^)

Attached: 1545321061608.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Are you fucking kidding me...

Sounds like the fresco hiring manager is redpilled but has his hands tied by shit tier senior management.

You dodged a bullet. Press F for the cuck stuck in that firm though.

"Agile scrum master"

Attached: IMG_2363.gif (394x383, 15K)

everyone inflates their experience user. do the same. it's an arms race of who lies better.

just go in there and shake his hand

where did OP make even a single bad decision? He did all he could, but the economic circumstances we live in fucked him

most of these people who say shit like "just try harder you lazy fuck" and seem to be completely unreasonable are boomers or literal US government shills trying to drive a narrative that everything is fine with the economy, it's just the individuals who suck

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countering_Foreign_Propaganda_and_Disinformation_Act

He wasn't born a black transgender woman

hello i

you need to get up early and pound the pavement, shake some hands, and remember, always look them in the eye

>tfw pack and ship boxes in a warehouse
>when people ask i tell them I'm a Senior Logistics Director, a title i made up

OP why not put in your resume that you’re a member of your local lgbtqi. That makes you a member. And if they ever ask why you have a gf- just say you’re bi

Okay as an "account manager" (shitty do-nothing job that pays well) let me explain to you why you will never get one of these jobs. Its because the listings that you are looking for on Monster and LinkedIn are jobs that HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE have access to. The easier it is to find the listing/ad the more people are applying to it. And bottom line is, you will never get a job that 1,300 people are applying for, even if you have a fucking phD in petroleum sculpture crafting or whatever the fuck.

The solution? You need to find jobs that aren't even listed yet. How? You need to know people, simple as that. You need that one friend who is going to tell you, "hey we just lost an accountant and we haven't even begun looking for one, I'm close with my boss, let me set you up". Every job I've ever had was through word-of-mouth and despite being an utter retard with absolutely no real world skills I'm making $100k kek. If you don't have any friends or family who can set you up with a job you're always going to be playing second fiddle and getting picked last for dodgeball. Remember when your professors told you to network? Yeah, thats what they meant.

pic related its you because you spent college in the library on the computer playing CS:GO instead of networking with the chads

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

transgender benefits aren't predicated on race

>Finish CompSci in 9 years instead of 5 because I took a 3 year vacation break and was being a candy ass
>Travel to Shenzhen China, the Netherlands, Sweden and the Philippines
>Employers in the conferences I attend literally beg me to consider working for them for 3000+€ starting
>I literally have no experience

I would like to thank all of those retarded California neo-niggers that googled "how to learn programming" and "python developers" that saturated my field with low-skill work and complete disregard for optimal design and mathematics

Computer Science is a fucking employee's paradise.

Depends where you live I guess, it's not so great in America outside of SF. Some anons seem to get extremely lucky though.

>B-but TRUMPS ECONOMY

Attached: imagesdawer.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Is this in Yuropooria? In the US, we can't find applicants

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 100K)

This is true but I hate it because I'm a fucking schizoid

I flew to tacoma, wa once to take a civil service exam for an entry level environmental lab technician job that paid $13/hr. There were around 700 people who showed up for the exam. Only the top 10 got interviews. There was only one position available. I came in 13th.

>US government shill trying to paint America so much better than anywhere else

please kys you lying sack of shit

You don't actually believe that, do you?

>1300 wagecuck applications
he just didn't want to hurt your feelings because he knew you're a little bitch too weak for this world

"Account manger" is a joke job that's basically just customer services. I would never work such a lame-was job. Just to give everyone an idea how scammy it is, fresh out of college with an accounting degree various companies barraged me with calls/emails about being an "Account executive" it "Account manager"

More

In some fields this is actually true. I work in vidya games doing computery art stuff, and there are times we don't hire anyone for openings for months and months, because there are literally no qualified candidates on the market. So the lesson here is, have some fucking specialization or do some skill that so that you aren't automatically on the bottom of a pile of 1300 applications.

Oh yeah, title doesn't mean jack shit.
"VP" is just the title you get at Citibank if you have direct reports (as in, you're a manager)

Wtf do account managers/account executives do? Like, can you describe the customer service?
Isn't it like a sales rep job for regular B2B customers?

Vibe is releasing a FPS game on Jan 12th. It looks amazing. Not many people know about it yet. Binance & Vibe marketing campaign will start early Jan. Vibe is down 96% from ATH. Koreans are aggressively accumulating. Get in quick

youtube.com/watch?v=YqSL-_zetzI

I think has the right of it. It's how my brother got a job with the court system (shit pay but nobody else was hiring) as our step-father is a judge who put in word for him. Pretty sure it was my recommendation letters from university that got me into a grad certificate program more than my grades.

Also if it's a job where you can work abroad you might want to consider I was aiming for intelligence analysis/national security shit but I was dumb and didn't go military first so now I'm going to try and go the drone route. I'll fucking fly that shit for some Chink company at this point if they pay me enough.

He's getting paid 100k a year unless he's bullshitting larping. Unless that job is soul-suckingly depressing I wouldn't give a shit that it's a joke job if it's paying that well.

I understand when it's very esoteric stuff but sometimes I think companies need to fucking nut up and train people rather than expect them to show up wrapped with a nice bow. Just contractually obligate them to work for you for X amount of time so they don't just take it and run. But as long as it stays an employer's market then that's a moot issue. They can just pick and choose.

>the end to improve their diversity
>not changing gender in 2019
Kike'd

>The solution? You need to find jobs that aren't even listed yet. How? You need to know people, simple as that. You need that one friend who is going to tell you, "hey we just lost an accountant and we haven't even begun looking for one, I'm close with my boss, let me set you up". Every job I've ever had was through word-of-mouth and despite being an utter retard with absolutely no real world skills I'm making $100k kek. If you don't have any friends or family who can set you up with a job you're always going to be playing second fiddle and getting picked last for dodgeball.
i know this is true, but how do i get friends?

>tfw 33 year old khv
>no friends, no social skills
>coworkers that move on to well paying jobs all have connections
>some of them are actually retarded, near-Chad types that have no work ethic and spend a lot of time partying, but are now earnings twice as much as me

Attached: 6786453123.jpg (750x734, 59K)

the problem isn't with the economy,
the problem is with a bunch of brainlets all trying to be office cucks because they were clearly too stupid to be doctors or engineers but their mothers kept telling them that they are "smart but lazy" and they actually believed it thinking they are too good and too proud for trades.
Get fuck you stupid office drones, can't wait for the economy to flush all the bullshit jobs down the toilet

applied for 2 jobs, got call back on 1 within an hour. they want me to start next week. the other called me back next day, want me to start next week.
also, a friend wants to start a business and wants me to get in on the ground floor. huge potential for gains within the next 3 years. this has more uncertainty, but it's really what i want to do.
feelsgoodman
keep your heads up bros and if it's something you really want go for it. put yourself out there, meet people. that's how it works. no matter what happens, we're all going to make it.

>a sane hiring manager admitting that to a rejected applicant ever
2/10 larp, op. Made me reply.

As a guy who is 23, has had 2 post graduation jobs after college, and is about to start his 3rd making 150k a year working at the 4th largest software company in the world, let me give you a golden piece of advice/strategy when it comes to applying for jobs.

When you apply on LinkedIn, Monster, Indeed, etc. you're already playing a losing game because you're competing with the other 10,000 people who are going to hit Easy Apply for the exact same fucking job. There are 3 ways around this.

>Apply for jobs that are just posted or apply for jobs without a lot of applicants

When applying to jobs on LinkedIn for a given search term, set the search to sort by new and refresh every 5 minutes. You're more likely to get seen this way. Also look for jobs with very specific titles, Data Analyst is going to have a lot more people looking at it than a job like a Solutions Architect or a Value Analyst.

>Apply for jobs using a connection

This is self-explanatory, find a guy who's a mutual connection on LinkedIn at a company you want to work at via LinkedIn when there's an open application. Ask him if you can grab a drink, buy him a beer, and ask if he could make a referral. If you're not an autist people will help you in this, most companies give people stacks of money in referral bonuses so they WANT to help you.

>Apply for jobs that aren't on any of the job boards

This is the most important thing you can do, some people in this thread are saying that you need connections to do this and that's far from the truth. Literally just go down the list of all the fortune 500 companies and the top 100 startups and also go down a list of companies specific to your industry. I guarantee you will find 100's of job openings that aren't listed on the major job boards on their actual sites which means you'll only be competing with the 10 or so people who weren't lazy and just using LinkedIn.

this guy gets it

jesus christ guys all this effort OR you could just buy chainlink and chill what the fuck

publicly listed jobs get automatically listed on the aggregators

if the job is not publicly listed, you can't get access to it

Protip #1: Try to find a job in the paper.
My sister couldn't find internship for a dental hygienist, until a family friend found an ad on the last page of some newspaper. At the interview, they said they don't put ads online, because they get around 400 applications. From the paper they get around 5.

Protio #2: Contact companies you want to work for.
Don't wait for them to put out an ad. Just because they're not seeking employees with an ad, doesn't mean they won't hire you. Send an email, call them. After a few days go to the office and ask them about it. It seems agressive, but it works way more than you'd expect.

Top kek

>In some fields this is actually true.
In some fields this is true in each country of the world except for actual communist countries. Just stop right there, Murrilard.

You're not getting any (You)s and you definitely should be...

"White collar labor" has become commoditized. Employers literally have multiple Amazon.com's to buy office monkeys as cheaply as possible, produced domestically at factory universities or imported knock-offs.

If you're going to sell your time for money, at least avoid selling it wholesale to shrewdest industrial scale buyer and find a smaller buyer that is forced to actually value you as a product.

This is normal, I've had one position that had around 600. With assessment centre, interview and psychometric testing

THIS IS AMERICA

I ended up in a data analyst job withough even askin for it.. was working in quality control and management just moved me there when they found out I have an engineering degree and wasnt retarded...

A good advice is to actually call the person hiring before submitting your resume
Yes, GASP, call them and ask a bunch of in-depth questions about the job, the workplace, the leadership structure etc.

This will set you apart from 95% of all applicants and heighten your chances of being notices. It will also give you leverage and knowledge about the company and the job's role in it that goes beyond what is posted in the job description

Absolute larp, they would tell you that shit.
If your going to make up millennial incel propaganda at least look into the facts a bit.

Holy fucking shit.
That is mad simple and brilliant.
Thanks bud.

>call the person hiring before submitting your resume
>don't know who you will be working for or any of the interviewers
how exactly are you supposed to find out who to call?

You're all a bunch of losers

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg

These aggregator sites are paid by employers to list job openings, not every employer list every job on these sites so there are tons of jobs that you have to look for to get an opportunity to apply to.

I specifically mention applying to the fortune 500 companies because most of them have post grad training programs, and they're guaranteed to not be trash jobs so you aren't wasting time applying to the mom & pop printing company you're going to find on Monster.