Apply to job I want online

>apply to job I want online
>purposely type "N/A" in desired salary field
>recruiter from the firm emails me asking what salary I'm looking for

What's my move here?

Attached: IMG_1345.jpg (576x1024, 75K)

Tell them you want the base salary with room to grow

>base salary
The job doesn't have salary information at all.

Tell him you are already wealthy and want to donate your entire salary to the recruiter. All he has to do is get you this job.

Once you have the job, report the recruiter for taking bribes

Were you applying to be a Jow Forums janitor?

1000 trilion dolars a day paid in bitcoin, ez

Attached: NDBB96K.png (564x412, 321K)

100K LINKS PER MONTH U SHOULD BE GOOD

> >recruiter from the firm emails me asking what salary I'm looking for

What kind of job?

If it's a software engineering job in a major city like NYC or San Francisco, and you already have a job, you could do things like

- ask how much they're willing to spend

- you could tell them that you're looking for a competitive compensation package for your skills and location and that salary is just one part of it, which you can't tell them because it may be flexible depending on factors like vacation, stock grants, bonuses, 401k matching, other perks, etc.

- if they're really pushy then they might be a place you don't want to work, and I'd just wish them well and walk away, but you could also try throwing out a number that you know is like... 95th percentile for your area.

- if you really want to give a number but not be tied to it, i guess you can say later that you expected more vacation, stock, bonuses, etc. and since those aren't in their offer you're going to need more salary to compensate?

obviously none of this applies if you're not in a super highly demanded field in an area with shitloads of jobs.

throw out a ridiculously high number you would be happy with. either they match it or they start negotiating you down (assuming they actually want you).

Marketing job in law, it's in a city with a much higher cost of living than the one I'm in now.

Seems a bit early for the negotiation stage.

look at the base salary in the city then ?? Once you get a feel for what other people entry level in your field are making based on the area tell them that you want that with potential to be promoted to higher pay

look at what a guy with your profile earns for a job like this. Recruiters hate when someone puts N/A they want to know if they can afford you or not. Dont give an exact number but a 500$ estimate per month. Ex: 3000-3500 per month so 36000-42000 per year.

tell the recruiter you want to be paid half of what the commander gets

Attached: 9A3rMnK.png (1306x637, 67K)

Don't type N/A type "Negotiable".

Therefore negotiate. Ask him what's an average salary range for someone in my position, with my background, and for this area.

check glassdoor

are you jewish? seriously wondering

tell him it means not applicable

checkmate.

Attached: 1512436068020.gif (330x216, 966K)

Find what you should make online and use that

Say you work hard and are ambitious so you want as much as possible and than say if i can tell you what i want i want a million.
Probably just testing if your a pusys loser or a have big dreams. Don't take me word for it tho im just a student.

look up the average salary for the position and say you want that + 5k

You're supposed to know what the job is worth

quads of truth

tell them what your last job paid say 50k/yr. or whatever it was..... but youll work 4 times as hard for them, because they can get you half-price for $100k/ yr.
:). BABOOM BABY YOU HIRED.

3-4 times the cost of a 1br apartment you'd like to afford

Wow. It's like I'm really on Facebook. Have you ever thought of killing yourself?

Don't do this. Don't actually tell them the exact salary of your previous job.
Inflate by like 10k or 20k minimum, otherwise they'll lowball the fuck out of you and you'll only be offered a few grand above what you were making before.

How about you actually think about what you should be paid and send that over instead of being a retarded autistic fuck Greg?

Make up some bullshit number like $10m a year.

>what sort of salary are you looking for?
>$10 million a year.
>haha, very funny user. but seriously
>$10 million a year.
>hangs up

Attached: pepe.png (459x522, 431K)

Don't apply to jobs that don't post a range up front...

Saves me the effort of doing it myself. It's an employee's market.